The sickness of atheism

The sickness of atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Atheism, the idea that all men are their own gods
Christianity, the idea that others are more important than you,
Bible, a textbook for life, for the living.
"Atheism, the idea that all men are their own gods" - Wrong, atheists doesn't believe in any god, therefore not even in themselves. Where did you get that from?

"Christianity, the idea that others are more important than you" - Wrong, not according to christians themselves. That's why christians fight among eachother.

"Bible, a textbook for life, for the living." - Wrong, it doesn't support evolution. Or at least fundamentalists don't think so.

But all this is off-topic. The point is that the bible say that there are no afterlife, no heaven, no hell. When the life is over, it is dead over. Very atheistic if you ask me. All according to your ref to Ecclesiastes 9:5. And the bible doesn't lie, does it?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
07 Dec 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
"Christianity, the idea that others are more important than you" - Wrong, not according to christians themselves. That's why christians fight among each other.
Ah, generalizations. Aren't they grand and hasty?

F

Moves
07 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Ah, generalizations. Aren't they grand and hasty?
Good to have handy, aren't they? 🙂

Another one is "Atheism, the idea that all men are their own gods." Perhaps I misinterpreted robbie a little, but ... not much?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
07 Dec 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Good to have handy, aren't they? 🙂

Another one is "Atheism, the idea that all men are their own gods." Perhaps I misinterpreted robbie a little, but ... not much?
I think you were right on the money there. But why emulate the mistakes of others when it comes to talk about Christians?

rc

Moves
07 Dec 10

Originally posted by Palynka
I think you were right on the money there. But why emulate the mistakes of others when it comes to talk about Christians?
mistakes, pah, it was borne of my own originality that little beauty!

AH

Moves
07 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Atheism is a sickness of the mind, rendering the person irrational, illogical. and blind.....a lot like syphilis, which sends the person mad.

Initially this sickness is brought about by their lust for lording it over this material world, and in order to do this guilt free, they must deny God who they are envious of.

But atheism is self afflicted, be re that life was not a random accident.......this is their sickness and we can only feel pity.
That post, like many of your posts, is so full of hatred that your hatred is that of a magnitude that is comparable to the hatred the Nazis had against the Jews: so full of spite against of atheists and dishonest misrepresentation of atheists (the usual crap about atheists being only interested in material needs etc) .

Do I ever call a theist “spiteful”? -answer, yes; but only you. As far as I am aware none of the other theists (and atheists for that matter) on these forums have shown anything like the spite and hatred as you have. I for one have never called any other theist (excluding yourself) on any forum spiteful.
And you accuse atheists of being spiteful?
It is you who are spiteful and vindictive as you have repeatedly proven yourself to be by this post and others.

“... they imply that these things are accidents coming about by random chance,.... “

Nope.