1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 04:361 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Property ownership and wealth disparity create an un-level playing field by their very nature. The rich have an advantage over the poor - and in the last 20 years or so we are seeing them taking advantage of that to great effect.
    This is one of my objections to countries and their immigration policies. Exploitation of poor countries is a lot easier and m ...[text shortened]... the fact that they are richer than us and are able to manipulate us (via politics) effectively.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 04:38
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you believe that there is an unlimited or limited amount of money in the world?
    Limited by what is valued and how the money is applied to that value.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 04:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yes I do.
    Must be great to be you.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 05:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I own two houses, including the land property, that the city/county government makes me pay taxes on. So I see nothing wrong with individuals, like myself and the early Christians and Jews spoken of in the Bible, owning and leaving land as an inheritance. I just don't believe it should be taxed by the government, but I am not making a big fuss about it eit ...[text shortened]... and either. It is some of the other posters on this forum that have a problem with it, not me.
    But it would not be offensive Biblically, to live in a community where the community owned the properties? I should think not, so long as the people could live in accordance with the Bible.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 06:23
    Originally posted by JS357
    But it would not be offensive Biblically, to live in a community where the community owned the properties? I should think not, so long as the people could live in accordance with the Bible.
    Why would owning as single person or as a group be bad period? Even living
    in Government housing isn't bad, just not ideal.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 06:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    You sound like a liberal Democrat, like Suzianne, that believes in more government control. I think the governments have already over-reached the authority they should be allowed over the people. I am for conserving the rights of the people to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. That includes the right to own property, such as land and guns. 😏

God Bless America !!!
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 07:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You sound like a liberal Democrat, like Suzianne, that believes in more government control. I think the governments have already over-reached the authority they should be allowed over the people. I am for conserving the rights of the people to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. That includes the right to own property, such as land and guns. 😏

God Bless America !!!
    I own property, both individually and with others. I prefer to be left alone, by everybody. I prefer to leave everyone alone. I prefer minimal government. But your ... "conserving the rights of the people to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. That includes the right to own property, such as land and guns" ... takes government of we people, to ensure.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 07:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Must be great to be you.
    Kelly
    fair to middling 😀
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 08:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    fair to middling 😀
    Hey! You trying to imitate us rednecks? 😠
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 19:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Limited by what is valued and how the money is applied to that value.
    Kelly
    do you think that there is a finite amount of wealth? is it possible for everybody to be wealthy or does being wealthy mean that there is less in the pot for everybody else?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 19:54
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you think that there is a finite amount of wealth? is it possible for everybody to be wealthy or does being wealthy mean that there is less in the pot for everybody else?
    Maybe something like this should be looked at, instead of simple monetary wealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_national_happiness

"
    Economic Wellness: Indicated via direct survey and statistical measurement of economic metrics such as consumer debt, average income to consumer price index ratio and income distribution
    Environmental Wellness: Indicated via direct survey and statistical measurement of environmental metrics such as pollution, noise and traffic
    Physical Wellness: Indicated via statistical measurement of physical health metrics such as severe illnesses
    Mental Wellness: Indicated via direct survey and statistical measurement of mental health metrics such as usage of antidepressants and rise or decline of psychotherapy patients
    Workplace Wellness: Indicated via direct survey and statistical measurement of labor metrics such as jobless claims, job change, workplace complaints and lawsuits
    Social Wellness: Indicated via direct survey and statistical measurement of social metrics such as discrimination, safety, divorce rates, complaints of domestic conflicts and family lawsuits, public lawsuits, crime rates
    Political Wellness: Indicated via direct survey and statistical measurement of political metrics such as the quality of local democracy, individual freedom, and foreign conflicts."

Looking at this makes me thing that is is theoretically possible for everyone to be happy, but in the real world, some people derive happiness from actions that hurt others; people will not be happy unless someone else is distinctly unhappy. (Sadists.)

Just so, some people will not count themselves as being wealthy (enough) unless there is a class to lord over and boss around.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree