1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 06:36
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I think you are only considering the population of this earth and the 7 billion or so people and the animals, but there are innumerable universes with innumerable galaxies and innumerable planets.

There are also the infinite spiritual worlds, and so all together the material worlds and spiritual worlds there are infinite living entities.

Every living thin ...[text shortened]... ing this wonderful truth.

True religion ( In the Vedas) discusses all this in greater detail.
    It is honestly interesting to hear you elaborate on your beliefs. Could you please explain though 'why' you belief your religion to be the true religion? For example, if you had been born in a small town in England, would you still have been drawn to the same belief?
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 18:26

Every living thing (all the animals and bugs and viruses etc) are alive because of the presence of the individual soul.
    True religion ( In the Vedas) discusses all this in greater detail.
    This seems to me a different concept from Buddhism and Hinduism.

Are these also false religions?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 18:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    It is honestly interesting to hear you elaborate on your beliefs. Could you please explain though 'why' you belief your religion to be the true religion? For example, if you had been born in a small town in England, would you still have been drawn to the same belief?
    I did not begin my search for answers by looking for a new religion.

Instead my search started in searching for (the truth ) no matter where I found it, or in what form I found it.

I did not find it in Christianity or Buddhism or science............but I found it in (The International Society for Krsna Consciousness) which teaches the absolute truth.

This truth is found in the Vedas, and has been in the Vedas for eternity because the absolute truth is eternal and is not restricted to time and place.

The (real truth) is true yesterday and today and tomorrow...........and shall never change.

Krsna Consciousness has its foundation in Bhakti Yoga.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 18:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dasa's super soul god is very similiar to the Judeo-Christian God, but with a distorted view, as do many other cult religions, like Islam.
    Your slang is offensive. to the truth.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 19:021 edit
    [truthful ]Originally posted by CalJust[/i]
    This seems to me a different concept from Buddhism and Hinduism.

Are these also false religions?
    When I say false religion, I am not being nasty or intolerable.

I am simply stating what is what.

When discussing spirituality and religion, it is vitally important that both parties maintain ""truthful honest integrity", and must not be tempted to speculate at all.

False religion and false science is false due to speculation.

True religion does not come from speculation, but comes from higher authorities.

The Vedas are the authority on all things spiritual and religious.

In fact true religion is Sanatan Dharma.......meaning: In this world men are not meant for quarreling like cats and dogs. Men must be intelligent to realize the importance of human life and refuse to act like ordinary animals. A human being should realize the aim of his life, and this direction is given in all Vedic literatures, and the essence is given in Bhagavad-gītā. Vedic literature is meant for human beings, not for animals. Animals can kill other living animals, and there is no question of sin on their part, but if a man kills an animal for the satisfaction of his uncontrolled taste, he must be responsible for breaking the laws of nature. In the Bhagavad-gītā it is clearly explained that there are three kinds of activities according to the different modes of nature: the activities of goodness, of passion and of ignorance. Similarly, there are three kinds of eatables also: eatables in goodness, passion and ignorance. All of this is clearly described, and if we properly utilize the instructions of Bhagavad-gītā, then our whole life will become purified, and ultimately we will be able to reach the destination which is beyond this material sky. [Bg. 15.6]

That destination is called the sanātana sky, the eternal, spiritual sky. In this material world we find that everything is temporary. It comes into being, stays for some time, produces some by-products, dwindles and then vanishes. That is the law of the material world, whether we use as an example this body, or a piece of fruit or anything. But beyond this temporary world there is another world of which we have information. That world consists of another nature, which is sanātana, eternal. Jīva is also described as sanātana, eternal, and the Lord is also described as sanātana in the Eleventh Chapter. We have an intimate relationship with the Lord, and because we are all qualitatively one — the sanātana-dhāma, or sky, the sanātana Supreme Personality and the sanātana living entities — the whole purpose of Bhagavad-gītā is to revive our sanātana occupation, or sanātana-dharma, which is the eternal occupation of the living entity. We are temporarily engaged in different activities, but all of these activities can be purified when we give up all these temporary activities and take up the activities which are prescribed by the Supreme Lord. That is called our pure life.

The Supreme Lord and His transcendental abode are both sanātana, as are the living entities, and the combined association of the Supreme Lord and the living entities in the sanātana abode is the perfection of human life. The Lord is very kind to the living entities because they are His sons. Lord Kṛṣṇa declares in Bhagavad-gītā, sarva-yoniṣu. .. ahaḿ bīja-pradaḥ pitā: "I am the father of all." Of course there are all types of living entities according to their various karmas, but here the Lord claims that He is the father of all of them. Therefore the Lord descends to reclaim all of these fallen, conditioned souls, to call them back to the sanātana eternal sky so that the sanātana living entities may regain their eternal sanātana positions in eternal association with the Lord. The Lord comes Himself in different incarnations, or He sends His confidential servants as sons or His associates or ācāryas to reclaim the conditioned souls.

Therefore, sanātana-dharma does not refer to any sectarian process of religion. It is the eternal function of the eternal living entities in relationship with the eternal Supreme Lord. Sanātana-dharma refers, as stated previously, to the eternal occupation of the living entity. Śrīpāda Rāmānujācārya has explained the word sanātana as "that which has neither beginning nor end," so when we speak of sanātana-dharma, we must take it for granted on the authority of Śrīpāda Rāmānujācārya that it has neither beginning nor end.

The English world religion is a little different from sanātana-dharma. Religion conveys the idea of faith, and faith may change. One may have faith in a particular process, and he may change this faith and adopt another, but sanātana-dharma refers to that activity which cannot be changed. For instance, liquidity cannot be taken from water, nor can heat be taken from fire. Similarly, the eternal function of the eternal living entity cannot be taken from the living entity. Sanātana-dharma is eternally integral with the living entity. When we speak of sanātana-dharma, therefore, we must take it for granted on the authority of Śrīpāda Rāmānujācārya that it has neither beginning nor end. That which has neither end nor beginning must not be sectarian, for it cannot be limited by any boundaries. Those belonging to some sectarian faith will wrongly consider that sanātana-dharma is also sectarian, but if we go deeply into the matter and consider it in the light of modern science, it is possible for us to see that sanātana-dharma is the business of all the people of the world — nay, of all the living entities of the universe.

Non-sanātana religious faith may have some beginning in the annals of human history, but there is no beginning to the history of sanātana-dharma, because it remains eternally with the living entities. Insofar as the living entities are concerned, the authoritative śāstras state that the living entity has neither birth nor death. In the Gītā it is stated that the living entity is never born and he never dies. He is eternal and indestructible, and he continues to live after the destruction of his temporary material body. In reference to the concept of sanātana-dharma, we must try to understand the concept of religion from the Sanskrit root meaning of the word. Dharma refers to that which is constantly existing with a particular object. We conclude that there is heat and light along with the fire; without heat and light, there is no meaning to the word fire. Similarly, we must discover the essential part of the living being, that part which is his constant companion. That constant companion is his eternal quality, and that eternal quality is his eternal religion.

When Sanātana Gosvāmī asked Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu about the svarūpa of every living being, the Lord replied that the svarūpa, or constitutional position, of the living being is the rendering of service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If we analyze this statement of Lord Caitanya's, we can easily see that every living being is constantly engaged in rendering service to another living being. A living being serves other living beings in various capacities. By doing so, the living entity enjoys life. The lower animals serve human beings as servants serve their master. A serves B master, B serves C master, and C serves D master and so on. Under these circumstances, we can see that one friend serves another friend, the mother serves the son, the wife serves the husband, the husband serves the wife and so on. If we go on searching in this spirit, it will be seen that there is no exception in the society of living beings to the activity of service. The politician presents his manifesto for the public to convince them of his capacity for service. The voters therefore give the politician their valuable votes, thinking that he will render valuable service to society. The shopkeeper serves the customer, and the artisan serves the capitalist. The capitalist serves the family, and the family serves the state in the terms of the eternal capacity of the eternal living being. In this way we can see that no living being is exempt from rendering service to other living beings, and therefore we can safely conclude that service is the constant companion of the living being and that the rendering of service is the eternal religion of the living being.

Yet man professes to belong to a particular type of faith with reference to particular time and circumstance and thus claims to be a Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or an adherent of any other sect. Such designations are non — sanātana-dharma. A Hindu may change his faith to become a Muslim, or a Muslim may change his faith to become a Hindu, or a Christian may change his faith and so on. But in all circumstances the change of religious faith does not affect the eternal occupation of rendering service to others. The Hindu, Muslim or Christian in all circumstances is servant of someone. Thus, to profess a particular type of faith is not to profess one's sanātana-dharma. The rendering of service is sanātana-dharma.

Factually we are related to the Supreme Lord in service. The Supreme Lord is the supreme enjoyer, and we living entities are His servitors. We are created for His enjoyment, and if we participate in that eternal enjoyment with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we become happy. We cannot become happy otherwise. It is not possible to be happy independently, just as no one part of the body can be happy without cooperating with the stomach. It is not possible for the living entity to be happy without rendering transcendental loving service unto the Supreme Lord.

Note: Buddhism is atheism, and Hinduism is a confused true religion.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 06:052 edits
    Interesting. Who wrote the Gita and when was it written?

And how did the person/s who wrote it know that this is the Absolute Truth?

We need to know this so that one can compare it with other sacred writings.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 19:59
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Interesting. Who wrote the Gita and when was it written?

And how did the person/s who wrote it know that this is the Absolute Truth?

We need to know this so that one can compare it with other sacred writings.
    There are no other scared writings'.

The only sacred writings are to be found in the Vedas.

The Vedas are the source of sacred writing's. because the Vedas are the authority.

There is no other authority on religion.

You can immediately know if a religion is false................By seeing what their standing is on animal slaughter and meat eating.

Animal slaughter and meat eating is violent behaviour.

How could true religion be party to such violent behaviour?????

Therefore Islam and Judaism and Christianity are all false religions.

-----------------------------------------------------

The speaker of the Vedas and the writer of the Vedas are not the same person.

The writer is an incarnation of God called Veda Vyasa, and the speaker of the Vedas is Lord Brahma.

Krsna Spoke the Bhagavad Gita 5000years ago.

The Bhagavad Gita is spoken by Lord Krsna when he incarnates to this earth.

And Krsna Incarnates according to the cycles of the Yugas.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 20:02
    Your slang is offensive. to the truth.
    Your arrogance is offensive to the truth.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 20:06

The Vedas are the source of sacred writing's. because the Vedas are the authority.

There is no other authority on religion.

You can immediately know if a religion is false................By seeing what their standing is on animal slaughter and meat eating.
    ...[text shortened]... when he incarnates to this earth.

And Krsna Incarnates according to the cycles of the Yugas.
    Again, how do you know the Vedas contain the truth?

Please, go ahead, convince me.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 20:07
    When I say false religion, I am not being nasty or intolerable.

I am simply stating what is what.

When discussing spirituality and religion, it is vitally important that both parties maintain ""truthful honest integrity", and must not be tempted to speculate at all.

False religion and false science is false due to speculation.

True religion does not ...[text shortened]... e unto the Supreme Lord.

Note: Buddhism is atheism, and Hinduism is a confused true religion.
    What utter balderdash.
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 15:331 edit
    WhenI said "sacred writings" I did not mean it in an absolute sense, but in a cultural and religious sense.

You will at least agree with me that many other religions call their own writings "sacred" and would argue with you that YOURS are not.

Also, if meat eating and slaughter is your only criterion for "true religion", then there are many vegetarian faiths that would qualify. There are also Christians which don't eat meat, so by your definition they would be OK?

Actually, my real question to you would be: if we accept the fact that the Vedas are the ONLY true religion, how would you convince anybody else (say a Vegan Wikka) who is also not a meat eater, that they must follow the Vedas?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 13:36
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Your arrogance is offensive to the truth.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
    - Andre Gide ( SPOKEN BY SOMEONE WHO IS LOST TO CONFUSION)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" ( ARE YOU REFERRING TO FALSE SCIENCE?) that tells us that we have come from primordial slime by accident.
    - Thomas Paine

"If we go back to the beginning we shall find that ignorance and fear created the gods, that fancy enthusiasm or deceit adorned them, that weakness worshipped them, that credulity preserved them and that custom respect and tyranny supported them in order to make the blindness of men serve their own interests."
    - Baron D'Holbach (YOU MUST BE REFERRING TO FALSE SCIENCE AND FALSE RELIGION AGAIN)

I play chess for fun, but I do generally find it to be more fun if I don't lose. Sometimes I click skulls - the longer they're there, the more tempting I find them.
    (DID YOU KNOW THAT CHESS HAS COME FROM THE VEDAS)

DOES THIS MEAN YOU SHALL NEVER PLAY CHESS AGAIN?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 14:19
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
    - Andre Gide ( SPOKEN BY SOMEONE WHO IS LOST TO CONFUSION)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" ( ARE YOU REFERRING TO FALSE SCIENCE?) that tells us that we have come from primordial slime by accident.
    - Thomas Paine ...[text shortened]... YOU KNOW THAT CHESS HAS COME FROM THE VEDAS)

DOES THIS MEAN YOU SHALL NEVER PLAY CHESS AGAIN?
    What about the part where Krshna only comes down once every 5 billion years?
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 14:29
    Originally posted by CalJust
    WhenI said "sacred writings" I did not mean it in an absolute sense, but in a cultural and religious sense.

You will at least agree with me that many other religions call their own writings "sacred" and would argue with you that YOURS are not.

Also, if meat eating and slaughter is your only criterion for "true religion", then there are many vegetarian ...[text shortened]... body else (say a Vegan Wikka) who is also not a meat eater, that they must follow the Vedas?[/i]
    Everything I talk about is in an absolute sense.

The Vedas do not discuss anything but the absolute sense.

False religion always talks in the mundane relative sense, because they lack true knowledge.

Every charlatan religion demands that they are the only one, but they have no knowledge to back up their claims.

To back up true religion, the Vedas have millions of statements of truth (verses) coming in the only spiritual language on earth (Sanskrit,) which owes it manifestation due to the Lord himself and his supremely qualified Spiritual Masters and disciple's/devotees.

Even if you only researched Sanskrit by itself, it would open your eyes to the absolute truth, because Sanskrit is the worlds oldest /eternal and most perfect language on earth.

Ask yourself .................How is ( Sanskrit) the worlds most perfect and sophisticated language existing before the Pyramids and the Roman Empire or any know civilization on earth.

I did not say meat eating and animal slaughter is the only criteria for making a determination of false religion.

However.......A religion that allows violence and cruelty to the creatures of this earth is not religion at all, and there is no need to waste time trying to save that religion by finding something to negate and pardon the violence and cruelty to animals (because you cannot)

If there is a Christian who does not eat meat, why does he support and defend and belong to a religion that allows animal cruelty and suffering and slaughter?...............If it were me, I would leave that disgusting religion immediately.

A Vegan Wikka..................is just a modern day hippy, and they have no knowledge about the truth of life and their existence and God.

Being a vegetarian is just 1 thing a person must do to walk the spiritual path to God consciousness, and there are 99 more things to do.

The following is a list of my Spiritual Masters starting with Lord Krsna and coming up to the twentieth century (today)

In the Introduction to "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" we find a list of the complete disciplic succession of the Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Sampradaya, beginning with Lord Sri Krsna, up to and including the current Sampradaya Acarya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.

Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh
    This Bhagavad-gita As It Is is received
    through this disciplic succession:

1.Krsna
    2.Brahma
    3.Narada
    4.Vyasa
    5.Madhva
    6.Padmanabha
    7.Nrhari
    8.Madhava
    9.Aksobhya
    10.Jaya Tirtha
    11.Jnanasindhu
    12.Dayanidhi
    13.Vidyanidhi
    14.Rajendra
    15.Jayadharma
    16.Purusottama
    17.Brahmanya Tirtha
    18.Vyasa Tirtha
    19.Laksmipati
    20.Madhavendra Puri
    21.Isvara Puri, (Nityananda, Advaita)
    22.Lord Caitanya
    23.Rupa, (Svarupa, Sanatana)
    24.Raghunatha, Jiva
    25.Krsnadasa
    26.Narottama
    27.Visvanatha
    28. (Baladeva) Jagannatha
    29.Bhaktivinoda
    30.Gaurakisora
    31.Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati
    32.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Bhaktivedanta Book Trust. HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.

The name of our sampradaya -- Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya - suggests three distinct phases, or links in the disciplic chain. The disciplic succession begins with Lord Brahma, who first spoke the absolute truth into the cosmic creation after receiving it in his heart directly from Lord Krsna. Lord Brahma was the spiritual master of Narada Muni, and Narada passed the teachings on to Vyasadev.

The second phase is marked after Vyasadev with Sripada Madhvacarya, who took his birth at Udupi somewhere between the years of A.D. 1119 and A.D. 1239. While the chronological gap between the manifestations of Sri Vyasadev and Madhvacarya is long, as Srila Prabhupada wrote in a letter to Dayananda (12-04-68): "Regarding parampara system, there is nothing to wonder for big gaps. We have to pick up the prominent acarya and follow from him."

Sri Madhvacarya claimed to be a direct disciple of Vyasa, from whom he directly received the Vedanta. Their relationship is not stated to be one of initiation, and in fact, Madhva is described as having taking initiation from the Sankara line. From his base in Udipi, he went on to establish what continues today as a strict system of succession.

The third phase of the succession is marked by the appearance of Lord Caitanya in Gauda-desa, Bengal. Lord Caitanya took birth in Navadvipa, Bengal in the year A.D. 1407. Lord Caitanya did not formally initiate anyone, and it is stated by Sanatana Goswami that, as an incarnation, he would not personally do so.

Prior to Lord Caitanya's appearance Madhavendra Puri appeared, and he initiated several of Caitanya's associates, including Sri Advaita and Nityananda prabhu. Madhavendra Puri also initiated Lord Caitanya's own guru, Isvara Puri. As stated in Caitanya-caritamrta, Madyam lila 4:197, Sri Madhavendra Puri introduced the conception of conjugal love for the first time in the Madhvacarya-sampradaya, and this conclusion was later revealed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Following Lord Caitanya, the modern age of the Gaudiya Sampradaya was marked by the appearance of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur, who took birth in A.D. 1838 in the Nadia District of West Bengal. Following Srila Bhaktivinode in the disciplic succession is his son, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati, who appeared in 1874 in Puri. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta took initiation from Gaurakisora das Babaji. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta became the spiritual master of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the most recent Sampradaya Acarya, who appeared in 1896 in Calcutta.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What about the part where Krshna only comes down once every 5 billion years?
    Krsna comes every 5 billion and 4 billion and 3 billion etc.. etc., etc.

He also comes in different incarnations as well. (appearing in different forms)

All this appearing goes on for eternity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree