1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 21:151 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what nice things?
    i cant remember the thread, it was a long time ago. but i told either you or galveston that two nice j.w. ladies had knocked on the door and spoken to my wife, she let them in (she's nice/soft like that) as my daughter believed in god at the time (she was 5-6) at the time. they came back to give my daughter a childrens bible and again with some other stuff, i think it was some leaflets about kids activities at the church. i briefly spoke to them a few time and they seemed to have genuine intentions. we lived in a smallish village near york, so we would see them around a fair bit and we always warm and friendly with my daughter.

they did a good job.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 21:19
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i cant remember the thread, it was a long time ago. but i told either you or galveston that two nice j.w. ladies had knocked on the door and spoken to my wife, she let them in (she's nice/soft like that) as my daughter believed in god at the time (she was 5-6) at the time. they came back to give my daughter a childrens bible and again with some other st ...[text shortened]... em around a fair bit and we always warm and friendly with my daughter.

they did a good job.
    ok so we have genuine intentions, do you think you will be able to make FMF cough up
    the goodies, what abut divesgeester, the ultimate challenge?
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 21:30
    ok so we have genuine intentions, do you think you will be able to make FMF cough up
    the goodies, what abut divesgeester, the ultimate challenge?
    easy, i didnt say you all have good intentions. through people i know, the bad still out weighs the good. im afraid to say the over defensive approach to protecting your church which sometimes comes across as cult like behavior doesnt do you any favors and paints a bad picture of the church. the robbie found in other forums seems much more affable.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 21:53
    easy, i didnt say you all have good intentions. through people i know, the bad still out weighs the good. im afraid to say the over defensive approach to protecting your church which sometimes comes across as cult like behavior doesnt do you any favors and paints a bad picture of the church. the robbie found in other forums seems much more affable.
    I am very affable, but you mess with our awesomeness and its gonna get roasty toasty!
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 22:581 edit
    I am very affable, but you mess with our awesomeness and its gonna get roasty toasty!
    Robbie, Don't get offended. I am only asking a question. I have been reading up on some JW literature and it says that only 144,000 will go to heaven. The rest of mankind will stay on earth and out of them all the evil ones shall pass away leaving only the good people.

It also says that this process of the choosing of the 144,000 began in early times and
    finished in 1935. No JW who was born after 1935 will be one of the chosen 144,000.
    How can you be so sure that this is a fact? Lots of different religions claim things and not all prove to be true?

Revelation chapter 7 doesn't nail this down.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 23:271 edit
    You misspelled laffable🙂
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:21
    Get FMF, you or divegeester to say something positive about Jehovahs Witnesses, e.g.

1. they pay their taxes on time.
    I like the pics in their mags. Makes for awesome collages 🙂 Thnx JW's

BTW the articles have interesting titles at times too,unfortunately I have a lot of trouble with most of the content
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Well dressed. Polite.
    Yeah ,I don't get that. It's not like they have some secret agenda but don't you think they should blend in a bit more rather than wearing those sunday dresses and awful three piece suits?
    I mean in the middle of summer here you'd have to be mad to go door to door in that get up. In any get up for that matter, but I suspect one of the first things people would think is, "heck man, are you hot? You want some water? What are you doing in that get up during midday anyway?"
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Tactful, too, mostly.
    You say tactful I say decieptive
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:30
    I agree. I'd love to know what Robbie thinks about the current cricket test series in Australia (vs South Africa)
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah ,I don't get that. It's not like they have some secret agenda but don't you think they should blend in a bit more rather than wearing those sunday dresses and awful three piece suits?
    I mean in the middle of summer here you'd have to be mad to go door to door in that get up. In any get up for that matter, but I suspect one of the first things peop ...[text shortened]... are you hot? You want some water? What are you doing in that get up during midday anyway?"
    awful three piece suits???, my man, dont you know every girl crazy about a sharp
    dressed man? old ladies love the little girls in dresses and the young kids in suits, i
    cannot count how many positive comments i have had as a consequence. One who is a
    minister of God cannot go around slovenly dressed!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:46
    I agree. I'd love to know what Robbie thinks about the current cricket test series in Australia (vs South Africa)
    not been following the cricket sorry, was glad to see the wallabies mauled the angles
    though at rugby, with a kit like that, what did they expect, purple?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:48
    You say tactful I say decieptive
    you fail the test Karoly Poly, you were to say something positive and leave it at that,
    but you couldn't help yourself, you stole an everlasting gobstopper from the chocolate
    factory and have failed the test!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 13:55
    Get FMF, you or divegeester to say something positive about Jehovahs Witnesses
    The Jehovah's Witnesses I have known well, and those I have come into regular contact with too, have conducted themselves very differently from the way you conduct yourself on this web site, robbie. The fact that you come across as an outlier in this respect, is, I think, something positive about Jehovah's Witnesses in general.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Jehovah's Witnesses I have known well, and those I have come into regular contact with too, have conducted themselves very differently from the way you conduct yourself on this web site, robbie. The fact that you come across as an outlier in this respect, is, I think, something positive about Jehovah's Witnesses in general.
    sigh another failed attempt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree