1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sigh another failed attempt.
    It's an honest answer, and offered without rancour, robbie. To state that you seem atypical, at least according to my personal experience, is quite clearly a positive statement about JWs in general.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:29
    awful three piece suits???, my man, dont you know every girl crazy about a sharp
    dressed man? old ladies love the little girls in dresses and the young kids in suits, i
    cannot count how many positive comments i have had as a consequence. One who is a
    minister of God cannot go around slovenly dressed!
    .you cant judge a man by the shirt on his back. (I believe the band Ben Folds Five had some lyrics to that effect and I thought I quite liked them and could readily relate to them. I really wish I knew the song)

Thing is Robbie, the ladies are alright in their floral dresses, even though they seem overdressed. But the blokes?? It's 40*C out there man!! I'm on the beach i'm not saying that's what JW's should wear, but here, hardly no guys wear shirts and most girlies have bikinis.
    Everywhere I've been, here and abroad, there the same.

I can see your point of view in a way, but I like being in touch with the Earth with my bare feet. I do wear shirts outside, of course, but I've always found it easier to gain people's trust when act like one of the locals. See I too am spreading a message, the difference is I wait for questions rather than just come upto you and hand you a copy of watchtower and tell you "this is what you need". Different Strokes,eh?
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I agree. I'd love to know what Robbie thinks about the current cricket test series in Australia (vs South Africa)
    What do you think of the cricket?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:341 edit
    not been following the cricket sorry, was glad to see the wallabies mauled the angles
    though at rugby, with a kit like that, what did they expect, purple?
    Still following that hug-a-man sport are ye? Oh well, what are you going to do

BTW, the first test was drawn. After Sth Africa was in a commanding position with 2/330, they were all out for 450.
    Then Austrlia were 3/30 before Captain Clarke made 250,Hussey 100, and Cowan 136.
    They had them 6 for on the last day with score level so they called it. Things are looking up for the Aussies and the Adelaide test should be a ripper
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:41
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What do you think of the cricket?
    Other than what I wrote to Robbie, I really hope the aussies win. The Sth Africans are terrific players, but with Clarke playing like this with the captaincy (3 or 4 double hundreds this years, and he could've had another triple but declared for the team).
    Cowan and Hussey looked good too.
    If the Aussie bowlers can hold it together they've got a chance. Whoever loses the toss at Adelaide will be unlucky, it's likely to be a road and if the bowling side can keep 'em under 350 for the first innings then it's anyone's game.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:47
    you fail the test Karoly Poly, you were to say something positive and leave it at that,
    but you couldn't help yourself, you stole an everlasting gobstopper from the chocolate
    factory and have failed the test!
    Oh stop it. I know you try, and I may fail whatever test, but I can tell for a fact some JW's are deliberately dishonest.

And dont forget , I've said plenty of positive about the JWs
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:47
    Still following that hug-a-man sport are ye? Oh well, what are you going to do

BTW, the first test was drawn. After Sth Africa was in a commanding position with 2/330, they were all out for 450.
    Then Austrlia were 3/30 before Captain Clarke made 250,Hussey 100, and Cowan 136.
    They had them 6 for on the last day with score level so they called it. Things are looking up for the Aussies and the Adelaide test should be a ripper
    hug a man sport, clearly you have never been in a ruck with props, flank forwards
    second rows and a number eights bearing down upon you. I wont call cricket a pansy
    sport, after all, having a ball hurled at you at ninety miles per hour can do you some
    damage, but its bad form and unsportsmanlike behaviour when one needs to resort to
    verbal tirades of visiting batsmen!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:50
    hug a man sport, clearly you have never been in a ruck with props, flank forwards
    second rows and a number eights bearing down upon you. I wont call cricket a pansy
    sport, after all, having a ball hurled at you at ninety miles per hour can do you some
    damage, but its bad form and unsportsmanlike behaviour when one needs to resort to
    verbal tirades of visiting batsmen!
    Union just got too technical, which doesn't really seem to go with those big beefy neckless heads (y'know, like Mike Tyson - That guy has NO NECK)

BTW in my last season I was the only one who wore no helmet batting. I figured if they tried to bounce me then at least they weren't going for the stumps - and I do love a good hook shot 🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:52
    Oh stop it. I know you try, and I may fail whatever test, but I can tell for a fact some JW's are deliberately dishonest.

And dont forget , I've said plenty of positive about the JWs
    you fail , you failed the test, you simply could not do it, how sad, how very sad, it
    seemed beyond you simply to say a kind and positive thing and leave it at that and
    instead we are now being treated to the usual insinuations and cynicism. Id shave my
    head, dawn an orange smock and instead of pinging a triangle, id ping my ear if I were
    you, see if its makes a resonant sound.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:55
    Union just got too technical, which doesn't really seem to go with those big beefy neckless heads (y'know, like Mike Tyson - That guy has NO NECK)

BTW in my last season I was the only one who wore no helmet batting. I figured if they tried to bounce me then at least they weren't going for the stumps - and I do love a good hook shot 🙂
    Union is an art form, league has stripped it of all its cut and thrust, you cannot win
    turnovers like you can in union by sheer strength, as soon as you are tackled, you
    simply go to ground and no one can contest for the ball, its like a dumbed down
    version, like draughts as opposed to chess.
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:55
    you fail , you failed the test, you simply could not do it, how sad, how very sad, it
    seemed beyond you simply to say a kind and positive thing and leave it at that and
    instead we are now being treated to the usual insinuations and cynicism. Id shave my
    head, dawn an orange smock and instead of pinging a triangle, id ping my ear if I were
    Hari Krishna
    Hari Krishna

The only Harry I like I Dirty Harry
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:58
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Hari Krishna
    Hari Krishna

The only Harry I like I Dirty Harry
    I like Deborah Harry, went to see her in concert once, was awesome!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:59
    Stop being such a sook.

I am inspired by the JWs anti violence stance. Truly.

Better?
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 14:59
    I like Deborah Harry, went to see her in concert once, was awesome!
    I had a crush on her when she came out first,
    but She went down in my estimation after that fabulous album
    "Parallel Lines".
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 15:01
    Stop being such a sook.

I am inspired by the JWs anti violence stance. Truly.

Better?
    there you pass, although you had to sit the test twice, never the less, I can hardly be accused of being a suck up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree