1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '13 00:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So we can agree that it is badly written for the vast majority of the world.

Which is a crap way of trying to get your message across.
    What dose it matter, badly written or not? I doubt that even if you thought it was superbly written that you would believe any different about the truth of its content.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 May '13 00:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What dose it matter, badly written or not? I doubt that even if you thought it was superbly written that you would believe any different about the truth of its content.
    We were debating whether or not the bible was badly written;
    so I it is kind of relevant if it is badly written or not.

I explicitly said I was not criticising the content - just style.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '13 00:34
    We were debating whether or not the bible was badly written;
    so I it is kind of relevant if it is badly written or not.

I explicitly said I was not criticising the content - just style.
    I am not a good judge of literary style, so you may be right for all I know. I really hated to have to read and explain those Old English poems in School. I could not understand what any of the poems were trying to say. Even when the teacher explained what it was saying, I never was able to get it and just took her word for it. What else was I to do. Now I am sure glad I have other English translations than the King's James version because those thee, thy, thou, thine, etc. got on my nerves.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '13 04:01
    So we can agree that it is badly written for the vast majority of the world.

Which is a crap way of trying to get your message across.
    Well talk to God about it and voice your complaint. But it is a very affective and fair way to have it written.

Lets think for a minute. If you were wanting to create a civilization that would be peacefull with no crime, danger, all would prosper, and would have humans that were never sick and would have the chance to live forever, just as god is promissing in the Bible in the future, what would you do to insure that it would really work? Any stipulations? Any rules? Would you just let anyone in?
    God is absolutly going to make sure beyond anything we can even start to understand.
    So instead of just opening up the gates to that future to all that and taking that chance that all the fools would be the first inline because of reading a book that would be easy for all to read and see what to do, God did not do that with the Bible. He himself has to help us understand it and it has to be from our hearts that he can also see into.
    If one is doing this just to save their hide and could care less about doing his will and helping others to learn about God, then he is not letting them see clearly what the Bible says. They will remain blind to much of it.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 May '13 04:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well talk to God about it and voice your complaint. But it is a very affective and fair way to have it written.

Lets think for a minute. If you were wanting to create a civilization that would be peacefull with no crime, danger, all would prosper, and would have humans that were never sick and would have the chance to live forever, just as god is pr ...[text shortened]... en he is not letting them see clearly what the Bible says. They will remain blind to much of it.
    No disrespect but you are wasting keystrokes - no way do I think a god
    exists so I'm not really interested in what the bible has to say. I am
    interested in the theist mind though and was trying to see how they could
    reconcile the terrible style of the bible with it being dictated by god.

Thank you for your interesting answer.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '13 04:16
    No disrespect but you are wasting keystrokes - no way do I think a god
    exists so I'm not really interested in what the bible has to say. I am
    interested in the theist mind though and was trying to see how they could
    reconcile the terrible style of the bible with it being dictated by god.

Thank you for your interesting answer.
    No problem....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree