1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 04:04
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    i believe that is called free will.
    You mean the starlight has free will to reach us ?!?

You're not going to appoint will/conciousness to stars now are you? That sounds like the sort of thing I'd say 🙂
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 04:222 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

You're not going to appoint will/conciousness to stars now are you? That sounds like the sort of thing I'd say 🙂
    Sounds like some pantheistic, new age, astrological dribble.

Awareness/consciousness/stars/matter- they're just floating around relying on each other if there is a difference in the first place. Personification of the Earth is noted through Gaia mythologies. And then there's the proposal that the organisms of earth already function in a unified way, working to make the earth inhabitable. A self regulating organism, with all the creatures as cells etc. working on homeostasis. Like we're giant neurons in a giant brain.

Edit: "Yes, the human element is clearly not physical ,though it needs a physical vehicle to understand itself, as the physical vehicle is a univeral humanoid form that has the potential to evolve its brain to the point where the brain realizes that it is actually part of the universal Mind that contains all conciousness. (Or is unversal Conciousness that contains all that is the brain ). Either way you look at the linguistics, the message is the same." - purposely not sourced (at least not for the time being)
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 04:412 edits
    Originally posted by ua41
    Sounds like some pantheistic, new age, astrological dribble.

Awareness/consciousness/stars/matter- they're just floating around relying on each other if there is a difference in the first place. Personification of the Earth is noted through Gaia mythologies. And then there's the proposal that the organisms of earth already function in a unified way, working all that is the brain ). Either way you look at the linguistics, the message is the same."
    Yes, we have to remember that we are made up of the same carbon-based matter as most of our world around us. Not that that should matter too much. In every classical eastern piece of literature I've come across, conciousness itself has been postualeted as not needing matter to exist. Indeed,the way I understand it is that we (our coniousness(es) ) have been born into this evolving material world to grow brains that will be able to comprehend our origonal, non-material consiousness.

edit: I just got your edit, which seems to be agreeing with my dribble.
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 04:522 edits
    Yes, we have to remember that we are made up of the same carbon-based matter as most of our world around us. Not that that should matter too much. In every classical eastern piece of literature I've come across, conciousness itself has been postualeted as not needing matter to exist. Indeed,the way I understand it is that we (our coniousness(es) ) have ...[text shortened]... terial consiousness.

edit: I just got your edit, which seems to be agreeing with my dribble.
    Yes, don't take the dribble part too seriously, I've been opening up some posts lately with sarcasm (fundamentalism thread), so hopefully they're blatant enough.

I think essentially any way you break it down religiously, you get a similar perspective regarding consciousness giving rise to matter. Being created in god's image, or god being manifest in everything, or god being everything. We essentially being byproducts of the phenomenon and looking back out to reflect upon it.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 05:16
    Yes, don't take the dribble part too seriously, I've been opening up some posts lately with sarcasm (fundamentalism thread), so hopefully they're blatant enough.

I think essentially any way you break it down religiously, you get a similar perspective regarding consciousness giving rise to matter. Being created in god's image, or god being manifest in everyt ...[text shortened]... . We essentially being byproducts of the phenomenon and looking back out to reflect upon it.
    No, no I wont take it too seriously.
    One of my fave sayings with regards to spirituality is : I'm serious about being not serious.
    If you get too serious about any of this stuff obviously its going to be counterproductive for your mind to become still and quiet.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 06:331 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...This particular planet earth is 2.3 billion years old ...”

science has proven that it is older and is 4.5 to 4.6 billion years old.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dalrymple/scientific_age_earth.html

this proves your religion (or at least your version of it) false.

Again you state opinions without giving argument nor premise.
    I said from its last manifestation....not creation, because its much older than 2.3 billion.

My mistake, I should have said its 2.3 billion years old from its last partial annihilation.

Every 4.3 billion years, there is a partial annihilation of the universe, and the planet is then revived to go another 4.3 billion years, and this goes on for a long time.

The reason the universe has theses 4.3 billion year cycles, is that every cycle has 4 yugas.

Satya Yuga 1.728.000 yrs
    Treta Yuga 1.296.000 yrs
    Dravapa Yuga 864.000 yrs
    Kali Yuga 432.000 yrs

These 4 yugas are called a Maha Yuga, and after every Maha Yuga there is a partial annihilation......and then a revival of the universe after that.

A Maha Yuga is 4.3 billion years.

When the universe is revived it is put back into good shape, for the next Maha Yuga.
  7. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 06:41
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I said from its last manifestation....not creation, because its much older than 2.3 billion.

My mistake, I should have said its 2.3 billion years old from its last partial annihilation.

Every 4.3 billion years, there is a partial annihilation of the universe, and the planet is then revived to go another 4.3 billion years, and this goes on for a long ...[text shortened]... n years.

When the universe is revived it is put back into good shape, for the next Maha Yuga.
    Vish, can I get a rundown of these yugas, or at least point me in the right direction? Like what are each of these ages supposed to mean to us/living things etc.? I think I remember reading the yugas "reflect" the "morality" sometime ago. Also, what yuga are we currently in?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 07:29
    Vish, can I get a rundown of these yugas, or at least point me in the right direction? Like what are each of these ages supposed to mean to us/living things etc.? I think I remember reading the yugas "reflect" the "morality" sometime ago. Also, what yuga are we currently in?
    I think we're in Kali Yuga, where our planet (solar system?) starts coming back to the centre of the universe and all life is "tranformed " (transmuted?) onto a higher plane.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, Vishva.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 08:56

i was talking about humans. God gives us free will to believe what we want to.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 09:06
    Well then, I dont think your answer,( even INDIRECTLY), answers Andrew Hamiltons post.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 09:10
    The way I understand it is god gave us free will to 'reallign' our will with "His".
    This may seem restrictive, but once this universal truth is realized, it is the greatest release/freedom that a human can experience.

(another paradox)
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 12:20
    i believe that is called free will.
    And you honestly think the right thing to do is to deny the mountains of evidence for the age of the world and instead believe your single anecdotal and entirely unreliable scriptural source? You seriously believe that god would go to the lengths he's gone to in order to provide you with your critical faculties so that you can reject almost all of the verifiable data he has given you in favour of this pre-scientific fairy story? And you're proud of using your free will in this manner?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 13:18
    Becasue the earth is young. It would be funny to see someone go back in time 10000 years and there is nothing there.
    God would be there. 😉
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 17:41
    Well then, I dont think your answer,( even INDIRECTLY), answers Andrew Hamiltons post.
    That ?is for him not you.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 23:42
    That ?is for him not you.
    Public forum
    People asnwering others questions all the time
    People highjacking threads

If its just for him and you dont want us all to know then just pm him.

I dont know... you want an apology ? Because I dont want to start any trouble over this, and I'm happy to back down...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree