The time machine

The time machine

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
It is you that lives in fairy land, believing life is a random accident....(get honest)

You believe these things because you have the madness disease, which has stolen your intelligence.

You do not know what to do, or what not to do....you are lost in illusion, thinking your rotting body is the self.
ROTFLMAO

Firstly - thankyou for making me laugh
Secondly - the absolute lack of credibility to any utterance you make refers me back to point 1.

So again - thankyou for making me laugh

(maybe you employ someone as a PR consultant as you are in serious need of a makeover - not just spiritually)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by nook7
ROTFLMAO

Firstly - thankyou for making me laugh
Secondly - the absolute lack of credibility to any utterance you make refers me back to point 1.

So again - thankyou for making me laugh

(maybe you employ someone as a PR consultant as you are in serious need of a makeover - not just spiritually)
It is you who needs the make over, because you do not know what you are, where you are going, and where you have come from......and why you are here on this earth.

In this condition you are lost in illusion and bewildered, and can only laugh.......and you laugh at all the wrong things.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Jan 11

It is you who needs the make over, because you do not know what you are, where you are going, and where you have come from......and why you are here on this earth.

In this condition you are lost in illusion and bewildered, and can only laugh.......and you laugh at all the wrong things.
because you do not know what you are, where you are going, and where you have come from......and why you are here on this earth.

Gravity vishvahetu, gravity!!! without this we'd float off into outer space :]

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
if there is a God he can make them seen as quick as possible.
I just want to ask the question and it is ok to ask it. Would this not be deceptive?

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
some creationists claim that stars where made at the same time as the star-light in transit so that we could see the stars that are a million light-years away even when the universe is just, say, 10,000 years old.
I think a good question to ask such creationists is;

if we see a star explode to oblivion today that is one million light years away, ...[text shortened]... ! which would beg the question; why would a deity show us fictitious dates of historical events?
Good stuff (not that I'm trying to slam on creationist) Critically thinking about the ramifications of what we see out in our universe. It angers me when people just give silly answers. There has to be some explanation but evidence is evidence.

Manny

n

Moves
01 Jan 11

Keep them coming - though can l suggest you work on your material as it is becoming a little stale

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jan 11

Vedanta Sutra comes from the personality of Godhead and is eternal knowledge.

It is passed down in disciplic succession, from pure master to pure master, to the present day.

When Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas....one billion verses came from his mouth without pausing..

This knowledge wasn't created 2000 years ago ....or 3000 years ago, but has exist ...[text shortened]... scendental platform of love of God.....and if it were not bonafide then it would not be potent.
Lets just start with this "When Lord Brahma apoke the Vedas", when did lord brahma do this?
And are you sure it was one billion? Seems like too much, or perhaps he/she was speaking Vedas for more worlds than one??

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Lets just start with this "When Lord Brahma apoke the Vedas", when did lord brahma do this?
And are you sure it was one billion? Seems like too much, or perhaps he/she was speaking Vedas for more worlds than one??
This is all I could find for the time being.

This happened 160 trillion years ago, because Lord Brahma lives for 311 trillion human years, and where half way through his life.......and then he gives up the post and another Lord Brahma takes over.

The following is an excerpt from the Tattva-Sandarbha which gives extensive evidence for the status of the Puranas and Itihasas as Vedic literature.

TEXT 13.1

ata eva skande prabhasa-khande
pura tapas cacarogram amarana pitamahah
avirbhutas tato vedah sa-sad-anga-pada-kramah
tatah purana akhila sarva-sastra-maya dhruvam
nitya-sabda-maya punya sata-koti-pravistaram
nirgata brahmano vaktrat tasya bhedan nibodhata
brahmya purana prathamam ity-adi.

The Prabhasa-khanda of the Skanda Purana [2.3.5] therefore states: "Long ago, Lord Brahma, the grandfather of the demigods, performed severe penances, and as a result the Vedas appeared, along with their six supplements and their pada and krama texts. Then the entire Purana emanated from his mouth. Composed of eternal sound and consisting of one billion verses, it is the unchanging, sacred embodiment of all scriptures. You should know that of the various divisions of this Purana, the Brahma Purana is the first."

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jan 11

This is all I could find for the time being.

This happened 160 trillion years ago, because Lord Brahma lives for 311 trillion human years, and where half way through his life.......and then he gives up the post and another Lord Brahma takes over.

The following is an excerpt from the Tattva-Sandarbha which gives extensive evidence for the status of ...[text shortened]... You should know that of the various divisions of this Purana, the Brahma Purana is the first."
Thnx🙂

I know there is truth to hinduism, but getting to the heart of it must be hard, even for Hindus.

F

Moves
01 Jan 11

The Prabhasa-khanda of the Skanda Purana therefore states: "Long ago, Lord Brahma, the grandfather of the demigods, performed severe penances, and as a result the Vedas appeared, along with their six supplements and their pada and krama texts. Then the entire Purana emanated from his mouth. Composed of eternal sound and consisting of one billion verses, i ...[text shortened]... You should know that of the various divisions of this Purana, the Brahma Purana is the first."
Hear-say.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Thnx🙂

I know there is truth to hinduism, but getting to the heart of it must be hard, even for Hindus.
There is much to read and you could not read it all in one life time.....but you dont have to, because the most important part, the spiritual instruction is easily read and understood, if ones heart is rightly situated.

JWB

Moves
01 Jan 11

There is much to read and you could not read it all in one life time.....but you dont have to, because the most important part, the spiritual instruction is easily read and understood, if ones heart is rightly situated.
So you haven't read it all? How far into it had you got when you decided it was a 'truth' that trumped everyone else's 'truths'?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Jan 11
2 edits

Originally posted by John W Booth
So you haven't read it all? How far into it had you got when you decided it was a 'truth' that trumped everyone else's 'truths'?
You are replying with the fault finding eye, and have misunderstood what I have said. Why do that?

The spiritual instructions are easily read and understood if the heart is rightly situated.....this I have studied and practiced.

.....did you not understand that?

If one understands and practices the spiritual process of raising the consciousness to the transcendental platform, of love of God, their life is a success.

The rest of the Veda are about the 4 orders of life and Vanashrama dharma, karma yoga, the arts, the crafts, agriculture, health, medicine and so on and so on.

Truth that is not realized, has no worth.

False knowledge brings no realization.

Only truth brings realization.

If one has no truth, they have no realization.

It is the realization and the love of God, that qualifies one to return back to Godhead, and not take birth in this world of suffering again and again.