Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Standard member karoly aczel
    Goin in dry bro
    20 Feb '18 00:08
    We know who wins this race but why? (see if your answer is better than mine)
  2. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    20 Feb '18 00:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    We know who wins this race but why? (see if your answer is better than mine)
    It's a similar situation to the one faced by Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
  3. Standard member karoly aczel
    Goin in dry bro
    20 Feb '18 02:37
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It's a similar situation to the one faced by Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
    So y does the tortoise win?
  4. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    20 Feb '18 02:45
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    So y does the tortoise win?
    The story is written. The characters, their interaction and their fate are set. This tortoise's creator decided the result. And the tortoise in question has no existence outside of the story.
  5. Standard member karoly aczel
    Goin in dry bro
    20 Feb '18 06:46
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The story is written. The characters, their interaction and their fate are set. This tortoise's creator decided the result. And the tortoise in question has no existence outside of the story.
    We'll get to this answer
  6. 20 Feb '18 13:08
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    We know who wins this race but why? (see if your answer is better than mine)
    Fast and consistent always wins over slow and steady unless complacency sets in.
  7. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    20 Feb '18 13:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Fast and consistent always wins over slow and steady unless complacency sets in.
    Though it can be hard to be consistent when going fast, hence the expression 'Slow but steady wins the race.' (Or, less speed more haste).
  8. 20 Feb '18 13:30
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Though it can be hard to be consistent when going fast, hence the expression 'Slow but steady wins the race.' (Or, less speed more haste).
    That does of course depend on the conditions of the race.
  9. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    20 Feb '18 14:43
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That does of course depend on the conditions of the race.
    True, but for most things in life, error ratio goes up the faster you go.

    Take chess, for example.
  10. 20 Feb '18 15:04
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    True, but for most things in life, error ratio goes up the faster you go.

    Take chess, for example.
    Agreed but if the base error ratio is so low to start then it’s a calculated risk based on race conditions.

    For example the chances of twisting your ankle go up when you run but would you bet on that happening in a race where the other contestant is a walker?
  11. Standard member karoly aczel
    Goin in dry bro
    20 Feb '18 23:19
    The hare sets of quick, he dashes here , he dashes there, he finds information,etc.

    The tortoise walks slowly where he needs to and wins. Why? Because the tortoise knew where to go.
  12. Standard member apathist
    looking for loot
    20 Feb '18 23:59
    The oak and the willow.

    Apples and oranges, really.
  13. Standard member apathist
    looking for loot
    21 Feb '18 00:02
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel...

    The tortoise walks slowly where he needs to and wins. Why? Because the tortoise knew where to go.
    And on the tortoise's aim-full walk, in her stodgy how much did she miss?
  14. Standard member karoly aczel
    Goin in dry bro
    21 Feb '18 01:07
    Originally posted by @apathist
    And on the tortoise's aim-full walk, in her stodgy how much did she miss?
    the tortoise knew to work smarter, not harder. He also knew the answers were simple
  15. Standard member karoly aczel
    Goin in dry bro
    21 Feb '18 01:07
    Originally posted by @apathist
    The oak and the willow.

    Apples and oranges, really.
    forget apples. go past them and aim for the grapes