The trinity and Romans1009

The trinity and Romans1009

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you think either divegeester or Romans1009 are "soulless and sick guys"?
If I did think something like that about anyone I would keep it to myself. But that's just me, I wouldn't judge someone who didn't keep it to themselves because we are all different.

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Can you quote something that he has said that you think doesn't exhibit a longsuffering nature, good faith and temperance on this forum?

Yes. But I'm not going to.

There are heaps and stinking heaps of it.

And what is more, personally speaking, having lived and worked among admirable grown-up walking-the-walk Christians my whole life, his claim that it's "God's Holy Spirit" that's enabling him to remember which scriptures to copy paste on a message board strikes me as him just taking the piss out of Christian beliefs and the things that decent Christians do on account of their faith.

It was reading that which gave me my first inkling that he might be a returning poster satirizing and parodying 'OSAS' Christian ideas and pronouncements.

If you are impressed by what he brings to this community and see a kindred spirit in him, good for you.

Moves
07 Mar 18
1 edit

[b]Can you quote something that he has said that you think doesn't exhibit a longsuffering nature, good faith and temperance on this forum?

There are heaps and stinking heaps of it.

And what is more, personally speaking, having lived and worked among admirable grown-up walking-the-walk Christians my whole life, his clai ...[text shortened]... are impressed by what he brings to this community and see a kindred spirit in him, good for you.[/b]

Just as I suspected. You and your crew can dish it out as much as you want but can't take anything back. Different rules for different mules.

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

Just as I suspected. You and your crew can dish it out as much as you want but can't take anything back.
If you don't know what it is I am criticizing and what some examples of it are, so be it. If you admire what he "dishes out" while disapproving of what I post in return, I'm OK with that.

Moves
07 Mar 18

If you don't know what it is I am criticizing and what some examples of it are, so be it. If you admire what he "dishes out" while disapproving of what I post in return, I'm OK with that.
When you can't deal with the substance that someone is posting you generally resort to character assassination. This kind of behavior is quite common for trolls.

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

When you can't deal with the substance that someone is posting you generally resort to character assassination. This kind of behavior is quite common for trolls.
I don't have much objection to his posts ~ or any posts ~ that contain "substance" regarding Christian ideas and beliefs. I have a few observations to make here and there. Been doing that for over ten years. It's all the other stuff that he brings with him that is the issue here. What is - to his way of thinking - the role of the "indwelling Holy Spirit" - in what he posts, that's the question. That's when his behaviour can legitimately be linked back to what he claims about his behaviour.

Moves
07 Mar 18

I don't have much objection to his posts ~ or any posts ~ that contain "substance" regarding Christian ideas and beliefs. I have a few observations to make here and there. Been doing that for over ten years. It's all the other stuff that he brings with him that is the issue here. What is - to his way of thinking - the role of the "indwelling Holy Spirit" - in w ...[text shortened]... That's when his behaviour can legitimately be linked back to what he claims about his behaviour.
Do you think someone who has the 'indwelling Holy Spirit' would react differently than he has? Or do you think the 'Holy Spirit' is bogus and you can't handle people that claim to have the 'Holy Spirit'? I have a feeling it is the latter.

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

...you generally resort to character assassination...

This is the exchange that set him off last night and sent him into what seemed like a 12 hour tailspin of "flesh" posting.

I’ve accepted Jesus Christ into my heart and have received God’s Holy Spirit indwelling me. Everyone on earth can choose to do the same. If they are sincere in their acceptance of Christ, God’s Holy Spirit will indwell them and begin to change their heart, and, consequently, their behavior.

I asked him a few questions on the following theme:

What evidence is there that you are "sincere" and that it has changed you in any way? Is your posting here in this community indicative of "Jesus" and "God's Holy Spirit" working through you or in you?

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

Do you think someone who has the 'indwelling Holy Spirit' would react differently than he has? Or do you think the 'Holy Spirit' is bogus and you can't handle people that claim to have the 'Holy Spirit'? I have a feeling it is the latter.
I think he measures up very poorly indeed against the decent adult Christians I know and love and live amongst, none of whom - I am sure - would behave like he does if they were members of this community. Same goes for you.

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

Or do you think the 'Holy Spirit' is bogus and you can't handle people that claim to have the 'Holy Spirit'?
I think his claim that there is a supernatural being or spirit at work within him is ludicrous. I don't even think his superstitious ideas have any discernible quality control over his behaviour, so my lack of belief is not even the issue.

Moves
07 Mar 18

I think he measures up very poorly indeed against the decent adult Christians I know and love and live amongst, none of whom - I am sure - would behave like he does if they were members of this community. Same goes for you.
Why don't you invite them here and give them the same abuse that you have given Romans and see how they react?

F

Moves
07 Mar 18

Why don't you invite them here and give them the same abuse that you have given Romans and see how they react?
I don't think I have "abused" Romans1009.

Moves
07 Mar 18

I think his claim that there is a supernatural being or spirit at work within him is ludicrous. I don't even think his superstitious ideas have any discernible quality control over his behaviour, so my lack of belief is not even the issue.
These decent adult Christians you know and love and live amongst they never speak to you about the Holy Spirit?

Moves
07 Mar 18

I don't think I have "abused" Romans1009.
Do you think anyone has?

Moves
07 Mar 18

Are you opposed to Romans calling things as he sees them? Or is only your gang allowed to do that?