1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 22:005 edits
    Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is one [echad]

Praise the Triune God for this precious, precious passage.
    Now let us examine more the topic John 16

" but when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak; and He will declare to you the things that are coming." (John 16:13)

Some Questions :

1.) If the Spirit of reality comes is the Son Who sends Him no longer in existence TO be able to send Him ?

2.) Why will He, the Spirit, not speak from Himself? Is there ANOTHER from whom He shall speak that One's words ?

3.) If the Spirit SPEAKS how can He be merely a force ? For lack of a better human language word - if He speaks is He not a living "Person" rather than a mere force ?

4.) If the Spirit speaks what He hears Another speak, then that Another and He are in some sense TWO. Right ?

5.) If they are two doesn't it also say "the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17) indicating that they are also ONE ?

6.) "He will DECLARE to you ..." . How can a mere force "declare to you"? One who declares must be, for lack of a better human language word, a "Person". Right ?

7.) If this declaring One is a "Person" and not speaking from Himself but from another is a declaring "Person", then that is a plurality of Persons. Right ?

8.) Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is ONE. [/b].

But if the Spirit is the ETERNAL Spirit Who declares something, He must be the eternal God. Right ? If He is not the eternal God then Who is this eternal Spirit (Hebrews 9:14) Who speaks, declares, and guides ?

9.) Is the Lord God of Israel who is one this eternal Spirit or not ?
    John says [b]"God is Spirit". is the Spirit whom God is, the one God is, the same "Person" as the Spirit of reality coming and speaking, and declaring, and guiding in John 16:13.

If that is the God of Israel who is ONE, Who is the Son and the Father Who send Him?

' ... I will send Him to you" (v.7)

" ... I will ask the Father and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever, even the Spirit of reality ..." (14:17)

" ... But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name ..." (16:26a)

9.) If what He hears He will speak, from WHO does He hear ? From God ?
    But He is "the eternal Spirit" according to Hebrews 9:14.

From Whom does this eternal One HEAR ?

10.) How come Jesus strongly indicates that this coming of the Spirit is Himself coming, not leaving the disciples as orphans.

" Even the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it down not behod Him or know Him; but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you.

I will not leave you as orphans; I AM COMING TO YOU." (John 14:17,18)

11.) If He has not yet come to the disciples as in He is coming, HOW then can Jesus say "He abides with you"{/b] ?

[b]12.)
    Jesus did not speak from Himself but from the Father. And this Comforter, the Spirit of reality does neither speak from Himself but declares what He hears from another.

How come this coming Spirit behaves exactly the same as Jesus behaved ?
    Is He a copycat of some kind ?

Or is He Jesus in another form?

" the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

" He abides with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you." (14:17b.18)

Hear O Israel the Lord your God is ONE. Praise the Lord !!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 13:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    I love that verse !!

I stopped to prayread it just now.
    What a precious passage !!
    And what did the three people in your Godhead tell you about it?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And what did the three people in your Godhead tell you about it?
    Something like that. Yes.

The Holy Spirit will lead the lovers of the Son into all of the truth. Right ?

Notice how the Holy Spirit behaves just like the Son. Compare:

" The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works." (John 14:10)

This Holy Spirit behaves the same way -

" ... He, the Spirit of reality ...He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself,

but what He hears He will speak; ..." (See John 16:13)

I LOVE the TRIUNE GOD. This is Jesus in His pneumatic form.

This is the last Adam Who became a life giving Spirit.

Bear with me one more little point. Just one ...

Jesus said He came that we might HAVE LIFE and have it abundantly -

" ... I have come that they may have life and may have it abundantly." (See John 10:10)

He has not changed one bit. As the life giving Spirit He comes to GIVE LIFE - to give God Himself as our divine and eternal life.

" ... the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Thanks for reading down to this point.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 06:143 edits
    Something like that. Yes.
    Something like what?

I asked you what the allegedly individual and distinct three people in your version of god told you about the scripture:
    "hear oh Israel, the Lord you God is ONE"?

Do you understand the question?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 11:443 edits
    [b] Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is one [echad]

Praise the Triune God for this precious, precious passage.
    Now let us examine more the topic John 16

" but when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak; and He will declar ...[text shortened]... you." (14:17b.18)

Hear O Israel the Lord your God is ONE. Praise the Lord !![/b]
    I left twelve questions in this post. A couple of them may have uncorrected typos which may make them harder to understand.

Most of the twelve questions are clear. Is someone like Divegeester up to addressing a few of them ?

( see a couple of posts above )

Here's nine of them:

Some Questions :

1.) If the Spirit of reality comes is the Son Who sends Him no longer in existence TO be able to send Him ?

2.) Why will He, the Spirit, not speak from Himself? Is there ANOTHER from whom He shall speak that One's words ?

3.) If the Spirit SPEAKS how can He be merely a force ? For lack of a better human language word - if He speaks is He not a living "Person" rather than a mere force ?

4.) If the Spirit speaks what He hears Another speak, then that Another and He are in some sense TWO. Right ?

5.) If they are two doesn't it also say "the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17) indicating that they are also ONE ?

6.) "He will DECLARE to you ..." . How can a mere force "declare to you"? One who declares must be, for lack of a better human language word, a "Person". Right ?

7.) If this declaring One is a "Person" and not speaking from Himself but from another is a declaring "Person", then that is a plurality of Persons. Right ?

8.) Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is ONE.

But if the Spirit is the ETERNAL Spirit Who declares something, He must be the eternal God. Right ? If He is not the eternal God then Who is this eternal Spirit (Hebrews 9:14) Who speaks, declares, and guides ?

John says "God is Spirit". Is the Spirit whom God is, the one God is, the same "Person" as the Spirit of reality coming and speaking, and declaring, and guiding in John 16:13?

If that is the God of Israel who is ONE, Who is the Son and the Father Who send Him?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 13:461 edit
    Something like what?

I asked you what the allegedly individual and distinct three people in your version of god told you about the scripture:
    "hear oh Israel, the Lord you God is ONE"?

Do you understand the question?
    Bump for sonship.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 14:482 edits
    Bump for sonship.
    if you have been paying attention to anything I wrote you would have remembered that -

The Christian can detect no difference in his experience between the "Persons" mentioned in Romans 8:9-11.

No experimental difference can be detected between -

The Spirit of God
    The Spirit of Christ
    Christ
    The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead
    He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead
    His Spirit
    all of which are said to be in the Christian. (See Romans 8:9-11).

So we rightly describe God as three-one.

Now a question for you which I have learned to expect you will ignore. But maybe you'll give it a try.

Do you think there could be any connection between one's shortage of experience with Jesus Christ and the tendency to make a small s when referring to the Holy Spirit ?

I wonder since "the Lord is the Spirit" (2 cor. 3:17) and there is no corresponding tendency to make a small l in writing Lord.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 14:53
    if you have been paying attention to anything I wrote you would have remembered that -

The Christian can detect no difference in his experience between the "Persons" mentioned in [b]Romans 8:9-11

The Spirit of God
    The Spirit of Christ
    Christ
    The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from ...[text shortened]... :17)
    and there is no corresponding tendency to make a small l in writing Lord.[/b]
    And if you read my very short posts you would be able to appropriately respond instead of blurting all this waffle.

I asked you what god had told you about the verse when you said you were "pray-reading" it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 14:541 edit
    So we rightly describe God as three-one.
    No..you (and whoever "we" is), don't.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 14:56

The Spirit of God
    The Spirit of Christ
    Christ
    He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead
    His Spirit ... all of which are said to be in the Christian.
    How many entities/spirits are said to be in the Christian?

And who "says" this?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 14:591 edit
    No..you (and whoever "we" is), don't.
    I am not alone in describing God as triune as you well know.

How come you have no answers to the nine to twelve questions or so I raised ?

Some Questions :

8.) Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is ONE.

John says "God is Spirit". Is the Spirit whom God is, the one God is, the same "Person" as the Spirit of reality coming and speaking, and declaring, and guiding in John 16:13?

12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 15:00
    [b] Do you think there could be any connection between one's shortage of experience with Jesus Christ and the tendency to make a small 's' when referring to the Holy Spirit ?
    I have no idea who this hypothetical person is so couldn't possibly comment.

I do however think there is definitely a connection between you using and capitalising the word "trinity" and the error of the doctrine itself.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 15:02
    How come you have no answers to the nine to twelve questions or so I raised ?
    How come you still can't tell me that despite god telling you to deprioritise talking about everything apart from the trinity teaching, what the consequences are of someone rejecting it as error?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 15:05

The Christian can detect no difference in his experience between the "Persons" mentioned in [b]Romans 8:9-11

The Spirit of God
    The Spirit of Christ
    Christ
    The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from ...[text shortened]... :17)
    and there is no corresponding tendency to make a small l in writing Lord.[/b]
    17' As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.' (Mark 10:18)

What is your understanding of Jesus saying no one is good except God alone?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 15:18
    How many entities/spirits are said to be in the Christian?

And who "says" this?
    We are told that God is in the Christians in First John.

We are told that Christ is in the Christians in Second Corinthians and a number of other places.

We are of course told that the Holy Spirit is in the Christians, ie (First Corinthians) and many other places.

We are told that the Father is in all the Christians in Ephesians.

And these titles are used interchangeably in Romans 8:9-11 in Paul's kind of matter-of-fact experiencial talk:

The Spirit of God
    The Spirit of Christ
    Christ
    etc.

We are also told that the Spirit searched the depths of God and intercedes for the saints knowing the mind of God.

We are told that the Spirit will not speak from Himself but will speak what He hears from Another.

We are told that the Son, Jesus Christ, is both at the right hand of God interceding for us and is within us - Compare Roman 8:34 and 8:10.

We are told that Christ is the Bridegroom in John 3. But the Spirit and the Bride speak together in Revelation 22 - the Spirit being in the Bride.

The matching of the Bride and the Bridegroom is changed here to a matching of the Spirit and the Bride. This means that the Bridegroom Jesus is in the Bride.

We are told that there is one throne, yet it is the throne of God and of the Lamb.

We are told that the child born is the Mighty God.
    We are told that the Son given is the eternal Father.

We are told of the one Lord - Jesus Christ in Ephesians 4.
    But we are also told of "the Lord and His Christ" in Revelation 11.

We are told of the Son's agonizing petition to His Father in the garden of Gethseneme. And no it was not merely meditating.

And though I could go on, we are finally told that the Father lives in the Son and vica-versa.

"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me ..." (John 14:11a)

And we are told that in the day we see His resurrection we will realize that He is in the Father and we in Him and He in us. We are all mingled up in a blended way.

" in that day you will know that I am in My Father and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:20)

The Triune God is more than a perplexing doctrine to confuse theologians. The Triune God is a Person or Persons as the human language word "Person/s" is only borrowed and not pressed too far. For the mystery is great.

" And confessedly, great is the mystery of godliness:

He who was manifested in the flesh,
    Justified in the Spirit,
    Seen by angels,
    Preached among the nations,
    Believed on in the world,
    Taken up in glory." (1 Tim. 3:16)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree