1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '16 12:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is one.

And what about the one God speaking to the local churches in the book of [b]Revelation

Look at Revelation 3:14, 21, and 22. All Three of the Triune God is involved here.

The Son is speaking to the church in the writing of the letter:

[quote] "And to the messenger o ...[text shortened]... the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit all operating and involved in this wonderful letter ?[/b]
    You are just being odd again; this time in a repeatedly licking the window after it's been cleaned, sort of way.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '16 12:462 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes but, yes but, yes but....

It's just "yes"

Bear with the "but" a little. The revelation of God in the Holy Bible is progressive.

Paul said certain matters were not made known before as God progressively unfolded the profoundness of the revelation concerning Himself.

" The mystery which has been hidden from the ages and from the generations ***BUT*** now has been manifested to His saints ..." ( Col. 1:26)

Hear Oh Israel the Lord your God is one Lord indeed. Yet there has to be a "but" because what was not revealed yet was Christ as God incarnate dispensed INTO His people .

And this involves the operation of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

" ... the mystery which has been hidden from the ages and from the generations .... BUT .... has now been manifested to His saints [including sonship and I hope to you also]

To whom God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:26,27)

Did you see the "but" there in the word of God, Divegeester ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '16 12:491 edit
    You are just being odd again; this time in a repeatedly licking the window after it's been cleaned, sort of way.
    Which one of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is it "odd" that I should adore ? And WHY ?

Why is it odd that I should love Each of the Three in the one God ?
    Explain the "oddness" of loving any which one of the Three.

The floor is yours.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '16 18:45
    Hear oh Israel, (that includes you sonship), the Lord you God is ONE.

🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '16 18:461 edit
    Hear oh Israel (that includes you divegeester), the Lord your God is THREE.

😕
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '16 18:461 edit
    One of the above two posts does not contain text from the Bible.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 05:585 edits
    One of the above two posts does not contain text from the Bible.
    Is there a text of the Bible saying that the Father and the Son are not God ?

You have referred repeatedly to this passage.
    And so I repeat a something also.

Look at these three verses:

" And you shall make fifty clasps of gold, and join the curtains to one another with the clasps, so that the tabernacle may become one [ echad ] " . (Exodus 26:1)

"Say to them, This says the Lord Jehovah, I am about to take the piece of wood of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel associated with him; and I will put them upon it, that is, the piece of wood of Judah, and make them one piece of wood, that they will be one [ echad ] in My hand." (Ezek. 37:19)

'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife, and they shall become one [ echad ] flesh." (Gen. 2:24)

This statement marks the declaration that the LORD our God is One.
    Interestingly, the word echad can imply a unity in diversity (the word of one and only one, i.e., unique, is more often rendred as yachid ). For example in Exodus 26:6 the various parts of the tabernacle (mishkan) are to be constructed so that "it shall be one (echad) tabernacle," and Ezekiel spoke of two "sticks" (representing fragmented israel) as being reunited into one: "and they shall be one (echad) stick in My hand (Ezek. 37:19). Moses also used echad in Geness 2:24 when he wrote, "And they (husband and wife) will become one flesh (basar echad)."

From

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Torah/The_Shema/the_shema.html
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 07:491 edit
    " ... the mystery which has been hidden from the ages and from the generations .... BUT .... has now been manifested to His saints,

To whom God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:26,27)

Christ is in two locations in Romans chapter 8 so that the revelation of the Trinity is upheld.

1.) Christ is at the right hand of God interceding for the Christians -

" .. it is Christ Jesus who died and, rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (v.34)

2.) Christ is IN the believers on the earth.

"But if Christ is in you ..." (v.10)

So the Triune God makes it possible for Christ to be in heaven and for Christ to be indwelling the believers on earth. This is marvelous.

But let's go on. Christ the Son is interceding and the Holy Spirit is also intercending.

1.) Christ intercedes .

" ...Christ ... who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (v.34)

2.) The Holy Spirit intercedes for the saints.

" ... but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us ..." (v.26)

But let's go on.

The God to whom the Son and the Spirit both intercede is in heaven and is in the Christians.

1.) God in heaven -

" .. who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (v.34)

2.) God in the Christians -

" ... if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (v.9)

But the Spirit of God is also Christ. The two titles are used interchangeably.

" ... if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you ... But if Christ is in you ..." (v.9,10)

The interceding Christ at the right hand of God in the third heavens is also "the Spirit of Christ" Who is the Spirit of God dwelling in the Christians.

" ... if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet is anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him." (v.9)

The Triune God is absolutely a revelation of this portion of the Bible. The Christ Who indwells the believers is also the indwelling Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead.

" And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you ..." (v.11)

Christ in the believers is "the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead." . This is marvelous. This is mysterious. This is experiential. And this is the Trinity for man's enjoyment and experience.

Don't listen to Unitarian errors that deny the three-one God.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 07:52
    Hear of Israel, (that includes you sonship) the Lord your God is ONE.

Your scriptural gymnastics cannot and never will overcome the truth.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 07:521 edit
    Don't listen to Unitarian errors that deny the three-one God.
    Which is the truth:

Sonship: "don't listen to the error of the three/one God"

The bible: "hear Israel, the Lord is ONE"
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 08:01
    Which is the truth:

Sonship: "don't listen to the error of the three/one God"

The bible: "hear Israel, the Lord is ONE"
    I notice no attempt to correct the analysis of Romans 8.
    Are you sure you want to be a disciple of Jesus ?

It appears you are clinging instead to Judaism's central tenets.

Explain why the indwelling "Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead" could also be Christ indwelling the believers.

What is your Unitarian explanation of that mystery, apart from just in rote quoting the Shema.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 08:041 edit
    Hear of Israel, (that includes you sonship) the Lord your God is ONE.

Your scriptural gymnastics cannot and never will overcome the truth.
    Lazy or unequiped. Nothing more.

Romans 8 is not gymnastics. It is the oracles of God every bit as inspired as the book of Deuteronomy.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 08:072 edits
    Divegeester,

You never explained which of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, I am wrong to love; to adore.

Why did not you not explain why love should not be directed from me to the Father or the Son or the Holy Spirit?

Which is wrong to love, to worship, to praise ?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 08:14
    Divegeester,

You never explained which of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, I am wrong to love; to adore.

Why did not you not explain why love should not be directed from me to the Father or the Son or the Holy Spirit?

Which is wrong to love, to worship, to praise ?
    Happy to discuss this separate topic in another thread if you would like to start one.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 08:21
    Lazy or unequiped. Nothing more.

[b]Romans 8
    is not gymnastics. It is the oracles of God every bit as inspired as the book of Deuteronomy. [/b]
    Does it say:

Listen Christians; the Lord your God is THREE?

No, it doesn't.

The Bible says very very clearly "God is ONE"

You just don't like it to be honest which is why we are getting all this fluster about how you love and how you will make me love what you believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree