1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 15:052 edits
    Three verses:

" But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you ask Me, Where are you going?

But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.

But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away the Comforter will not come to you; But if I go, I will send Him to you. " (John 16:5-7)

Some questions - some of which I have thoughts about and some of which I don't know what the answer is:
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 15:061 edit
    Ie.

1.) Why did Jesus says "and none of you ask Me, Where are you going?" Were they too sad to ask anything more ?

2.) Do you agree that it is expedient and MORE to the advantage of the disciples that Jesus go away ?

3.) Haven't you ever thought "How wonderful it would have been if I were there among those twelve walking around with Jesus?"

Yet He says it is expedient that He goes away that the Comforter might come to them ?

4.) Was 'He who sent Me" in existence at the time Jesus spoke these words ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 15:071 edit
    " But now I am going to Him who sent Me."

Does this mean that Jesus and He who sent Me [Jesus] exist at the same time ?

5.) If so then is "He who sent Jesus God ?

6.) If Jesus whom the Father sent also God ?

In 14:16 Jesus said the Father would send the Comforter.

"And I will ask the Father and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever, Even the Spirit of reality ... "

In 16:7 it is Jesus who will send the Comforter. But in 14:16 it is the Father who sends the Comforter.

If Jesus sends the Comforter does that mean that God did not send the Comforter ?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 07:31
    Originally posted by sonship
    Three verses:

[quote] [b] " But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you ask Me, Where are you going?

But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.

But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away the Comforter will not come to you; But if I go, I will send Him to y ...[text shortened]... estions - some of which I have thoughts about and some of which I don't know what the answer is:
    Question I don't know the answer to:

Do you believe that if someone rejects the trinity teaching (your version of it is fine for this example) that they are precluded from being filled with the spirit of Christ?
  5. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 12:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Question I don't know the answer to:

Do you believe that if someone rejects the trinity teaching (your version of it is fine for this example) that they are precluded from being filled with the spirit of Christ?
    If a person demands a binary Yes or No answer to a nuanced question that has been adequately and honestly addressed, that questioner is probably "diseased with questionings" as the Apostle Paul advised Timothy.

- sonship
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 13:01
    Originally posted by gswilm
    If a person demands a binary Yes or No answer to a nuanced question that has been adequately and honestly addressed, that questioner is probably [b]"diseased with questionings" as the Apostle Paul advised Timothy.

- sonship[/b]
    I reject the trinity doctrine; is my salvation in any way in jeopardy because of this?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 13:072 edits
    If a person demands a binary Yes or No answer to a nuanced question that has been adequately and honestly addressed, that questioner is probably "diseased with questionings" - sonship
    And a "coward"...and "turned away from the truth"

Oh and also...

"Some would be "great questioners" are simply -
    1.) Blinded with pride.
    2.) Understanding nothing.
    3.) Diseased with questionings [sic]
    4.) always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth.
    5.) career opposers of servants of God
    6.) corrupted in mind"
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 14:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And a "coward"...and "turned away from the truth"

Oh and also...

"Some would be "great questioners" are simply -
    1.) Blinded with pride.
    2.) Understanding nothing.
    3.) Diseased with questionings [sic]
    4.) always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth.
    5.) career opposers of servants of God
    6.) corrupted in mind"
    You forgot chained up and tortured.

- sonship

You are not going to get a Binary Yes or No from me on your question.

I suggest that you open up a thread dedicated to asking and re-asking your question how ever many hundreds of times you would like to.

Dedicate a thread to it please.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 14:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] " But now I am going to Him who sent Me."

Does this mean that Jesus and He who sent Me [Jesus] exist at the same time ?

5.) If so then is "He who sent Jesus God ?

6.) If Jesus whom the Father sent also God ?

In 14:16 Jesus said the Father would send the Comforter.

[quote] "And I w ...[text shortened]... Comforter.

If Jesus sends the Comforter does that mean that God did not send the Comforter ?
    John 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you think the Holy Ghost's messages to us would vary from Jesus' words?

John 15:25-27King James Version (KJV)
    But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Will the Spirit of truth messages be different than anything the Father or Son have to say?
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 14:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    John 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you think the Holy Ghost's messages to us would vary from Jesus' words?

John 15:25-27King James Version (KJV)
    But this cometh to pass, that the word ...[text shortened]... .

Will the Spirit of truth messages be different than anything the Father or Son have to say?
    No the Holy Spirit would not speak differently from Christ.

And here is the mystery - "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)

I have learned to say - AMEN!. The Lord sends the Spirit and the Lord is the Spirit. Praise God for the Triune God.

sonship
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 15:58
    No the Holy Spirit would not speak differently from Christ.

And here is the mystery - [b]"Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)

I have learned to say - AMEN!. The Lord sends the Spirit and the Lord is the Spirit. Praise God for the Triune God.

sonship[/b]
    I never felt the need to praise God for being Triune, I believe God is One.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 16:10
    You forgot chained up and tortured.
    This other strange belief you have is not one of your insults insults, it is a bullying threat from your version of an incomprehensible torturing God.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 16:12
    You are not going to get a Binary Yes or No from me on your question.
    I realise that. Your reason for your refusal to answer is more interesting than the actual answer would be 😉
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 16:16
    What sonship believes about the manifestation of the ONE God is very strange; that we should worship god for being "triune" for example. Doesn't anyone else find this strange?

That he won't respond about whether or not salvation is dependent on believing in the trinity doctrine - doesn't anyone else think this is strange?

That those who are not saved will be burnt alive for eternity by a loving god of John 3:16 - doesn't anyone else think this is strange?

Put these strange beliefs together and you have someone being burnt in hell for not believing in the trinity -- REALLY!!!??

Doesn't anyone else think all this is strange...?
  15. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 22:366 edits
    I am eager to get home to continue the talk. But I think we should both pray that it would be productive.

I surely agree with you that God should be praised for being UNE in triUNE. But along with praising Him for His "UNENESS" I also praise Him for His "TRIness."

You see if He were not TRI in TRIUNE He would never have said that "We will come to him and make an abode with him:" (John 14:23) .

So also He would never have promised that we Christians have a destiny to be one in the Divine "Us"

" That they all may be one, even as you Father are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, that the world may believe that You have sent Me." (John 17:21)

So also I praise the Triune God that the saints have a destiny to be perfected in the Divine "We".

" And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one.

I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have loved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:23)

As you can see the Divine Sender and the Divine Sent One are the Divine "Us" and also the Divine "We".

This is no small thing. We see this truth confirmed as the church is described as the church in God the Father and in Christ Jesus.

" Paul and Sivanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess. 1:1)

Do you see? The local church there, the church of the Thesselonians is in the Triune God, Here again we see the practical church life in in the realm of the Divine We of the Father and the Son and the Divine "Us" of the Trinity.

" ... to the church of the Thessalonans in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" (2 Thess. 1:1)

So we may render exaltant praises that God is triune. How vital this is to perfecting the saints on earth.

sonship

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree