1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 11:30
    Originally posted by Doward
    he's a smoker, a midnight toker, and plays his music in the sun.
    sometimes people call him the space cowboy.
  2. St. Peter's
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 12:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    sometimes people call him the space cowboy.
    some people call him Maurice
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Mr. Badd ass? Thats what you are, right?

But yeah, i for one disagree with anyone changing their names for any reason, hopefully in vishva/dasa'a case it will be an inner change as well as an outer one.
    "Mr. Badd ass? Thats what you are, right?"

In my youth maybe, but now I am meek and lowly. Only my mouth doesn't know it yet. lol

"But yeah, i for one disagree with anyone changing their names for any reason, hopefully in vishva/dasa'a case it will be an inner change as well as an outer one."

Change occurs on the inside and is reflected on the outside. vishva seeks to 'become' by the efforts of his own will upon his flesh, thereby giving him the illusion of change.

Real change occurs by the action of submission to the will of our maker, as an act of faith in what God has done for us. i.e. Jesus doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves.

In the case of vishve/dasa/bob/george/whatever, it is painfully obvious that he believes he can attain to perfection by his own efforts, based on adherence to a system of religious practices.(doing for God what God can't do for you)
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Mr. Badd ass? Thats what you are, right?"

In my youth maybe, but now I am meek and lowly. Only my mouth doesn't know it yet. lol

"But yeah, i for one disagree with anyone changing their names for any reason, hopefully in vishva/dasa'a case it will be an inner change as well as an outer one."

Change occurs on the inside and is refle ...[text shortened]... adherence to a system of religious practices.(doing for God what God can't do for you)[/b]
    No one can make you pure but yourself.

The church cant make you pure.

Blood cant make you pure

God cant make you pure.

What makes a person pure is their rejection of error and their living in truth.

If a person embraces error then God can do nothing for you, for God cannot over ride your free will to live by falsity.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:26
    Originally posted by Dasa
    If a person embraces error then God can do nothing for you, for God cannot over ride your free will to live by falsity.
    Your problem, like so many religionists, is with words like "error" and "falsity". Are you really completely unable to express positive, intriguing, life-affirming ideas and thoughts about your own belief system without framing it in terms of constant denunciations of what other people believe?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:30
    No one can make you pure but yourself.

The church cant make you pure.

Blood cant make you pure

God cant make you pure.

What makes a person pure is their rejection of error and their living in truth.

"No one can make you pure but yourself."

That's wrong friend. You(I) cannot make yourself pure because you(I) are not pure enough to do it.

Only God can heal you, or me, of what makes us impure.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your problem, like so many religionists, is with words like "error" and "falsity". Are you really completely unable to express positive, intriguing, life-affirming ideas and thoughts about your own belief system without framing it in terms of constant denunciations of what other people believe?
    I have instructed you before and have said that I am still stuck with basics, because I can not talk of higher things while persons willingly accept their error.

First I will remove the error, and then I can move on.

How can I talk of higher things when persons are still thinking animal cruelty is acceptable by their fabricated God.

But sometimes I slip.......and post up something as you say I should..
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:50
    How can I talk of higher things when persons are still thinking animal cruelty is acceptable by their fabricated God.
    Presumably you are not able to talk of what you call "higher things". I have stated that I do not support "animal cruelty" - and you accepted that - and yet here you are denouncing others and denouncing others and denouncing others. Where is the substance? Do you really think you can persuade people to take an interest in your belief system if you are always accusing them of lying, of being dishonest, of misleading, of deceiving, of fabricating - when all these words really mean coming from you - is that they don't share your belief system and you cannot accept this difference of perception and insight?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 16:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Presumably you are not able to talk of what you call "higher things". I have stated that I do not support "animal cruelty" - and you accepted that - and yet here you are denouncing others and denouncing others and denouncing others. Where is the substance? Do you really think you can persuade people to take an interest in your belief system if you are always acc ...[text shortened]... t share your belief system and you cannot accept this difference of perception and insight?
    Your statement clearly shows that you are still stuck with basic yourself, because even though we have gone over this before many times you still incorrectly are stating that a universal truth is a belief system.

You are calling a universal truth a belief system because it minimizes your connection to animal cruelty.

By manipulating words you cannot change the universal truth (not belief) that you and others are causing suffering to animals.

When you and others admit that they are causing suffering to animals and that it is wrong....then I will stop bringing it up.

Now think about how animal suffering is wrong, and do not try again to minimize it....because it is very clear to see what you are attempting to do calling a universal truth just a belief...or saying it is just Dasa,s belief.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 16:18
    You are calling a universal truth a belief system because it minimizes your connection to animal cruelty.
    My only "connection" to animal cruelty is that I do not support it, as you have already accepted.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 16:22
    Your statement clearly shows that you are still stuck with basic yourself, because even though we have gone over this before many times you still incorrectly are stating that a universal truth is a belief system.
    I do not recognize or submit to Vedic "authority" so you can call your belief system a set of "universal truths" as much as you want, it will not turn your often poorly and insultingly expressed ideas into anything other than assertions.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 17:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do not recognize or submit to Vedic "authority" so you can call your belief system a set of "universal truths" as much as you want, it will not turn your often poorly and insultingly expressed ideas into anything other than assertions.
    It's a universal truth and is not an exclusively Vedanta truth.

You are simply dis-owning the wrongness of your claim that causing animal suffering is not wrong...................by inventing your self styled pseudo spirituality, that protects you from all manner of fabricated nonsense.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 17:52
    It's a universal truth and is not an exclusively Vedanta truth.
    With literally thousands of millions of spiritual people eating meat all around the world, it is quite clearly demonstrated that the Vedic "authority" and "Vedic beliefs" with regard to this matter are not objective "universal truths".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 17:54
    your self styled pseudo spirituality, that protects you from all manner of fabricated nonsense.
    I accept fully that your disrespect for me is sincere and that you really, really believe the things you say.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 18:05

By manipulating words you cannot chang ...[text shortened]... e attempting to do calling a universal truth just a belief...or saying it is just Dasa,s belief.
    Your problem is that you do not know what truth is, even when confronted by it in this forum.

How many times have I told you to stop with the dishonest "cruelty" and "suffering" (which NObody supports, btw) and just call it WHAT IT IS, "animal killing" and NOT what it is not, namely "animal cruelty" or "animal suffering".

You persist in calling it "cruelty" because that gets a larger emotional response, and for no other reason.

EVERYone in this thread will say they do not support animal cruelty. Almost NO one in this thread supports the idea that animals should not be killed for food. And THAT is why you continue to use the word "cruelty" or "suffering" instead of "killing".

So please stop with the animal "cruelty" angle, when what you really mean is that you think killing animals FOR FOOD is a sin, while the majority here do not.

The universal truth that animal suffering is wrong has many proponents here. The "universal truth" that killing animals for food is wrong does not, since it is NOT a "universal truth", but it IS *your* "belief system".

Please stop with the dishonest method of making the two equivalent when they are not.

(BTW, if you cannot even get the "basics" right, no wonder no one cares about what you call your "higher truths".)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree