1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    With literally thousands of millions of spiritual people eating meat all around the world, it is quite clearly demonstrated that the Vedic "authority" and "Vedic beliefs" with regard to this matter are not objective "universal truths".
    Every living being is spiritual and perfect and eternal........but that does not mean that their temporary material life that they find themselves in...is demonstrating that spirituality.

This is why I inform persons that most are living in illusion most of the time and true spiritual life allows one to remove this illusion.

Following substitute religion/spirituality will not remove the illusion, but only true bonafide spirituality will do this.

There are nearly 7 billion persons on the planet....and about 10 million are participating in true spirituality (that number is for illustration purpose)

There is only one true religion that presents true knowledge without error.

All the others are substitute and support error.

That,s how you can tell the difference between what is true and what is not true, by observing if they present error or not.

To even know what is error one must be qualified by developing purity...... purity of intention, purity of motive, purity of sincerity, purity of mind, purity of intelligence and even purity of body.

One develops this purity by living and practising the spiritual life constantly as described in Vedanta which is the only teaching to be able to present the process of spiritual living correctly.

If anyone rejects the Vedanta teachings...then they are left with nothing except for substitute religion, which they flock to by the billions.......because substitute religion allows them to kill animals for their supper.....so they all like this very much, and there goes pure motive out the window....agreed?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 21:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you don't allow for doubt. you consider your version of the truth as universal. you consider anyone else as dishonest in their pursuit for their own understanding of the universe. which might be different than yours. and even should you be right, that your vedanta is the correct view on the universe, you do another stupid blunder by claiming it is the final ...[text shortened]... ndamentalist who can't acquire more or adjust his existing knowledge should be more accurate.
    You fail to understand that Vedanta is the authority....and science when it comes to origins of the cosmos can only speculate.

But what gets me is....they dont tell you their clearly speculating and before you know it they have printed 50 books telling all the school kids how the cosmos came to be.

I am against this and only want them to stop pretending they are keepers of the truth...actually they are keepers of ignorance, because they support falsity and attempt to explain life without God....which is impossible.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 22:40
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There is only one true religion that presents true knowledge without error. All the others are substitute and support error.
    I am not a religionist. I will leave it to religionists, like yourself, to assert things about their religions to other religionists. Not being a subscriber to your Vedic belief system, your religious assertions are not relevant or credible to me.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 11:56
    You fail to understand that Vedanta is the authority....and science when it comes to origins of the cosmos can only speculate.

But what gets me is....they dont tell you their clearly speculating and before you know it they have printed 50 books telling all the school kids how the cosmos came to be.

I am against this and only want them to stop pretending t ...[text shortened]... ce, because they support falsity and attempt to explain life without God....which is impossible.
    what gets me is why people keep responding to you. it is a mistery.

you are not even a fun troll/retard.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 13:39
    No one can make you pure but yourself.

"No one can make you pure but yourself."

That's wrong friend. You(I) cannot make yourself pure because you(I) are not pure enough to do it.

Only God can heal you, or me, of what makes us impure.

=====================================

I noticed, Dasa, that you failed to reply to my post in reply to your assertion that 'no one can make you pure but yourself'.

Don't be so disingenuous. I think I stumped you. I think you are doing all you can to hold on to what you think you believe, but what you think is the truth is being broken down with every post you make.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 13:48
    Your theatrics are interesting because all I have done, is try to clear away all the error in this forum, in an attempt to have a truthful discussion.

It is clear that when having a discussion, honesty must be upheld or everything becomes a farce.

I have been battling persons saying animal cruelty is not wrong.

I have been battling persons saying non C ...[text shortened]... denying the error that they are presenting.

And stop attacking the innocent messenger.
    Do you know how science advances? Mainly when the diehards of the old dogma die off and the new knowledge has a chance to grow unimpeded. That will be the case with you. You refuse to even discuss the possibility that the universe is more complex than you can imagine, stuck in your own world of dogma. I could go on like you but I will stop with that.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 14:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Do you know how science advances? Mainly when the diehards of the old dogma die off and the new knowledge has a chance to grow unimpeded. That will be the case with you. You refuse to even discuss the possibility that the universe is more complex than you can imagine, stuck in your own world of dogma. I could go on like you but I will stop with that.
    "You refuse to even discuss the possibility that the universe is more complex than you can imagine, stuck in your own world of dogma."

I know you said this to Dasa, and I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this statement, but being 'stuck' in my world of 'dogma' doesn't mean I am not aware that the universe isn't more complex than we can imagine.

It most certainly is more complex than we can imagine. The thing is though, is that we sometimes imagine that it is more complex than it really is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree