1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Everyone but you? See, here we go again with the condesending attitude. This is what turns everyone off to wanting to discuss anything with you and taking you serious.
    I do not do that with people that take me seriously. It is only the jerks that
    think they already have it all figured out and that think I am a no nothing hick
    or something of that nature that I have a problem with. It is the same with
    you about your supposed great knowledge of the Koine Greek and looking at
    me like I am a no-nothing and I could not possible tell you anything.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 14:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://dharmagates.org/other_cheek.html
    Tell that to the muslims in the city were the us army dude killed all those people.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 14:51
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Tell that to the muslims in the city were the us army dude killed all those people.
    There is no mention of kiling here. What is your point?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 15:03
    There is no mention of kiling here. What is your point?
    they need to turn the other check and get over it.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 17:09
    I do not do that with people that take me seriously. It is only the jerks that
    think they already have it all figured out and that think I am a no nothing hick
    or something of that nature that I have a problem with. It is the same with
    you about your supposed great knowledge of the Koine Greek and looking at
    me like I am a no-nothing and I could not possible tell you anything.
    Well I don't think any JW here has called you a hick or anything of the sorts. And it's not me that has a good grasp on the Koine Greek language, I wish I did but that would be Robbie that has done better at studying that then me.
    But to be honest with you I think you kave a lot of knowledge of what you believe and that you do believe fully in that. I have no doubt you are sincere.
    But this issue that we are all talking to you about is a serious one and one that even non religious people here see and that is your presentation which does no good in trying to teach or show your viewpoint of the Bible to anyone. It's extrememly counter productive on all levels.
    Jesus is our prime and perfect example of how to teach and deal with people of all beliefs, races, customs, sinful ways and even ones that we may completely disagree with or even dislike. He showed us how to love all.......
    And more then that we can NEVER judge anyone no matter how clear a fault may be with them on any level.
    If you personally feel they are lost and not worth dealing with then fine, that's your decision. But never use your opinions and the Bible in the same process of deciding if that person is worthy of your time and being rude to them. You are no judge on a spiritual level as none of us are.

A simple rule of thumb I would think is if you make someone mad over a spiritual matter, you are doing something wrong. But if they get mad and you've shown them love, then they are doing something wrong.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 17:441 edit
    you mean the muslims should turn the other cheek? they're not christian. they are still on "eye for an eye"
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 19:29
    Okay, he he he 😀
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 19:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well I don't think any JW here has called you a hick or anything of the sorts. And it's not me that has a good grasp on the Koine Greek language, I wish I did but that would be Robbie that has done better at studying that then me.
    But to be honest with you I think you kave a lot of knowledge of what you believe and that you do believe fully in that. I ...[text shortened]... wrong. But if they get mad and you've shown them love, then they are doing something wrong.
    Sorry, for confusing you two. But of course I disagree with both of you in
    bascially the same ways. I do try to follow Christ as betst as I can. But'surely you are not saying I must be as good as Christ in presenting the Good news. I
    believe, if someone gets mad at me when I present the turth of a spirituall
    matter, then that is there problem. I am just going to think I did a good job.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 19:501 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you mean the muslims should turn the other cheek? they're not christian. they are still on "eye for an eye"
    But they do accept Jesus as a prophet even though some of His teachings and
    prophecies they do not accept, since Mohammed is considered the greatest
    prophet of this god they call Allah.

P.S. I believe Allah is another name of Satan.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 22:19
    See what I mean. With the addition of one extra letter and you are practically
    dumbfounded. 😏
    You dont even know what mistake I'm referring to. I bet most of the other posters here do - and it's not even their post
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 01:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You dont even know what mistake I'm referring to. I bet most of the other posters here do - and it's not even their post
    I only made one mistake that could possibly cause a dummy to not understand
    my written word. 😏
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 02:211 edit
    Tell that to the muslims in the city were the us army dude killed all those people.[...] they need to turn the other check and get over it.
    What would constitute justice, in your view, for those 16 innocent people in Kandahar who were massacred (and their families and the survivors) by the U.S. staff sergeant?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 03:411 edit
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17334643

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-geiger/be-outraged-at-kandahar-k_b_1341381.html
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 03:501 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What would constitute justice, in your view, for those 16 innocent people in Kandahar who were massacred (and their families and the survivors) by the U.S. staff sergeant?
    I think RBHill was referring to reaction against all US Troops for the action of
    one individual soldier not to the fact that the soldier involved should be forgiven
    and the people should get over it. Obvious, the soldier is guilty and should be
    punished.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 03:58
    I think RBHill was referring to reaction against all US Troops for the action of
    one individual soldier not to the fact that the soldier involved should be forgiven
    and the people should get over it. Obvious, the soldier is guilty and should be
    punished.
    How should the local people react to these things? If RBHill means that they should "turn the other cheek" what does that actually mean in this case?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree