1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 21:562 edits
    Bible Truth About Hell

http://www.thebibletruth.net/the-truth-about-hell.html

I do not agree with every thing here except this part about hell.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 22:09
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Bible Truth About Hell

Nice set of fairy tales, designed to scare people who don't know better. Keeps you Paulists in place.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 22:19
    Bible Truth About Hell

And it burns burns burns.........the lake of fire........the lake of fire.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 23:01
    Bible Truth About Hell

Too much to read at this moment, but I'll hit it in the morning. Should be interesting.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 23:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Too much to read at this moment, but I'll hit it in the morning. Should be interesting.
    Sure, if you actually believe in all that utter BS.

Why don't you think about it. You have this god miles above mere humans and this god thinks nothing about putting people into a place that burns their bodies forever?

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions.

Thinking there is a hell where people go to be burned forever by a god so far above any human in intelligence and compassion would be like men making a special place for pet hamsters who misbehave. like giving them electric shocks at irregular intervals for the rest of the hamster's life.

There are several aspects of Paulism that ticks me off, and Jewish faith before it.

This is one of them. Another is 'original sin' as if an omniscient god all wise and so forth would create humans with a built in fault.

That concept is just plain reprehensible. Hell is in the same category. Another is the placing of women on a lower plane than men. Reprehensible. And backing all that up with the 'inspired by god' nonsense.

Look bitch, it's right here in the bible, women are worth 35 shekels and men are worth 50.

What kind of crap is that anyway? NO GOD WOULD SAY THAT. PERIOD.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 00:073 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Why don't you think about it. You have this god miles above mere humans and this god thinks nothing about putting people into a place that burns their bodies forever?

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions. d men are worth 50.

Ironically, this attitude is quite consistent with the article linked to in the OP. The whole point of the article is that they are claiming that this conception of 'hell' is totally absurd and, so they claim, non-biblical.

Here's the basic gist of the article:

"God would never send unbelievers to burn forever in torment! That would just be cruel and absurd! And non-biblical! Instead -- because He is perfectly just and loving -- He kills them in a "second death" by casting them into a temporal fire (literally), upon which they cease to exist." (I'm paraphrasing the general idea, not actually quoting it directly.)

Yeah, like that is so much less absurd. 🙄

Like it's not absurd to claim that pefect justice necessitates such a fate for, say, one who based on his available evidence simply doesn't believe that some supernatural agent exists and thus doesn't presume to relate with such an agent.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 00:16
    Here is a very clear explination of "hell".

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002521?q=hell&p=par
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 00:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Here is a very clear explination of "hell".

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002521?q=hell&p=par
    Yes, very clear. Now just remove all the nonsense about how millions are going to be resurrected to some earthly paradise and you'll be approaching the actual truth of the matter.

By the way, here is a question I posed to robbie, and he never provided any reasonable response. According to your beliefs, the person you are dies at natural death and nothing of you survives; then, sometime later, God creates resurrected persons and sets them up in an earthly paradise. So, suppose God resurrects what, under supposition, was you and sets this person up in paradise. What reasons do we have to think this person is you? That is, what under your view assures that this person is numerically identical to the you that dies natural death?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 00:30
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    And it burns burns burns.........the lake of fire........the lake of fire.
    I believe you are thinking of the Ring of Fire.

YouTube
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 00:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Don't bother for I have already told you what the truth is.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 00:38

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions. ...[text shortened]... d men are worth 50.

Hell is something like phantom pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_pain
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 01:41
    Hell is a fairy tale, made up to frighten people. 🙄🙄
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 01:562 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yes, very clear. Now just remove all the nonsense about how millions are going to be resurrected to some earthly paradise and you'll be approaching the actual truth of the matter.

By the way, here is a question I posed to robbie, and he never provided any reasonable response. According to your beliefs, the person you are dies at natural death and not ...[text shortened]... your view assures that this person is numerically identical to the you that dies natural death?
    Sorry it's all "nonsense" to you. It's not to me and many others.

And if I do give you an answer it will still be nonsense right? So why should I answer?

If you did believe in God and his limitless power it would be an easy answer especially with the examples of ones being resurrected in the past but then you no doubt don't believe that either. So again why should I try?

And I think the poster would appreciate staying on thread, right?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 04:083 edits

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions. d men are worth 50.

I already explained that to you. You have to read all of this in context to understand this. It is not stating the total worth of a man compared to a woman, but the value in money to be paid to the priest in lieu of whatever the man voluntarily vows as a consecration to God. This monetary value can be reduced by the priest if the man is too poor to pay the set value of the redemption price. So these values are not meant to imply that a man is worth more than a woman. Christianity does not use this method of consecration, because we are under a new covenant with God now.

P.S. Notice that it says, "A homer of barley seed shall be valued at fifty shekels of silver." That is equal to the highest value for a man. It does not make sense to think that they believed that a man's total worth was only the same as a homer of barley seed.
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 04:44
    Come on, let's have some scary stories about a guy in a red suit with horns and a pitchfork, waiting to torture those who stray from the path. Is his home like a volcano or more like a sun ?
    I like the version in Southpark.
    Wait a minute, didn't some good god create both Hell and Satan ?
    Can't be all bad if it is a creation of god. 🙄🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree