1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 06:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sorry it's all "nonsense" to you. It's not to me and many others.

And if I do give you an answer it will still be nonsense right? So why should I answer?

If you did believe in God and his limitless power it would be an easy answer especially with the examples of ones being resurrected in the past but then you no doubt don't believe that either. ...[text shortened]... ain why should I try?

And I think the poster would appreciate staying on thread, right?
    And if I do give you an answer it will still be nonsense right?

That of course depends on what your proposed answer is.

If you did believe in God and his limitless power it would be an easy answer especially with the examples of ones being resurrected in the past but then you no doubt don't believe that either. So again why should I try?

Why would it be an easy answer if I believed in God and His limitless power? I'm asking, basically, about your conception of personal identity. I'm asking what reasons you would have for thinking that some resurrected person A in earthly paradise is numerically identical (one and the same person) to some person B who dies in natural death, especially since you maintain that upon natural death nothing of person B survives.

If you think that just saying "Well, God in His limitless power could make it so" is an easy acceptable answer even supposing that your interlocutor believes in God, I do not agree. That's not any sort of response that provides any actual substance.
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 10:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, if you actually believe in all that utter BS.

Why don't you think about it. You have this god miles above mere humans and this god thinks nothing about putting people into a place that burns their bodies forever?

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions. ...[text shortened]... d men are worth 50.

What kind of crap is that anyway? NO GOD WOULD SAY THAT. PERIOD.
    I dunno, there are plenty gods would behave that way. They are gods, right? They can do as they please and who is going to stop them?

Just be thankful the irresponsible critters seem to have decided to go party elsewhere for a while. When was the last time the biblical guy made a personal appearance?
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 12:02
    The bible says you get hell on earth
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 13:23
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    And if I do give you an answer it will still be nonsense right?

That of course depends on what your proposed answer is.

[quote]If you did believe in God and his limitless power it would be an easy answer especially with the examples of ones being resurrected in the past but then you no doubt don't believe that either. So again why sho ...[text shortened]... God, I do not agree. That's not any sort of response that provides any actual substance.
    Again the Bible has given historical examples of ones being resurrected. If one were to read those and learn about those that were resurrected, one would see the answers there you are asking me.
    But I know you will probably choose not to read those events. So all I can tell you it has happened in the past and Jehovah is able to resurrect any human, the same person that died, back to life.
    I am not Jehovah and the bible cleary says "we do not know his ways" on many things and that would include how he resurrects and brings a person back.
    So this is where faith comes into ones life and just be amazed and happy that he can do this.
    Perhaps you have some loved ones that have died in the past and you would love to see again someday? Is it not wonderfull that God can do this and allow you to see them again in the future?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 14:56

Why don't you think about it. You have this god miles above mere humans and this god thinks nothing about putting people into a place that burns their bodies forever?

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions. ...[text shortened]... d men are worth 50.

You haven't been following along, have you? Do you need a programme?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yes, very clear. Now just remove all the nonsense about how millions are going to be resurrected to some earthly paradise and you'll be approaching the actual truth of the matter.

By the way, here is a question I posed to robbie, and he never provided any reasonable response. According to your beliefs, the person you are dies at natural death and not ...[text shortened]... your view assures that this person is numerically identical to the you that dies natural death?
    Never heard of the soul, eh?

Well, that figures, one would hardly expect one who doesn't believe in something to be fluent in it.

I just have to wonder, why then, do you have all this urgent opinion on the matter?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't bother for I have already told you what the truth is.
    Yeah, and like 'The Lake of Fire is what keeps the core of the Earth hot' you'll excuse me if I look to another source for information.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:031 edit

Come on, don't you see all that crap was just invented by men to control other men? Just like everything else in organized religions. d men are worth 50.

You too, sonhouse. You have a mighty opinion of something you don't believe in. And yet you can't just leave it at that. If you don't believe in it, then why would you give a flying fig what other people think?

I didn't think I'd have to remind anyone that what this is, is a conversation between Christians about our beliefs. All you atheists pretty much stayed out of the other threads like this, but here you all are getting your panties in a twist over this one. Why this one in particular?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Hell is something like phantom pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_pain
    What?

Oh come on, Ron. You're the LAST one I'd expect to hear this from.

And I'm not even talking about what a bizarre comparison it is.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:08
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Hell is a fairy tale, made up to frighten people. 🙄🙄
    Trust us, we get it. You don't believe it.

Can we Christians just have a conversation without the atheists coming in here and leaving their post-it notes all over the place?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Trust us, we get it. You don't believe it.

Can we Christians just have a conversation without the atheists coming in here and leaving their post-it notes all over the place?
    I'd like that too. Maybe just ignor them for awhile?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:32
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Bible Truth About Hell

http://www.thebibletruth.net/the-truth-about-hell.html

I do not agree with every thing here except this part about hell.
    Can we get back to the conversation now?

checkbaiter, this is an interesting page. Yes, it's basically about Annihilationism, but there are *many* things here I cannot agree with, and I do subscribe to the ideas of Annihilation over 'eternal torment'.

I wondered how can whoever wrote this get the basic idea of Annihilation right, and yet get so much else wrong? So I went looking to see where these people are coming from. Another page at this site says that 'they' are an on-line ministry. That wasn't good enough for me, I had to find out where they get their ideas. Well, it took me a few minutes of poking around the site, but I eventually found out that they are affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventists. I actually had no idea that they believed in Annihilation, maybe they don't and this is a spin-off group, I don't know. But I do know that I have many problems with this denomination and I'm not surprised I didn't agree with a lot of what they were saying on this page you linked about hell.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:431 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You too, sonhouse. You have a mighty opinion of something you don't believe in. And yet you can't just leave it at that. If you don't believe in it, then why would you give a flying fig what other people think?

I didn't think I'd have to remind anyone that what this is, is a conversation between Christians about our beliefs. All you atheists pretty m ...[text shortened]... ere you all are getting your panties in a twist over this one. Why this one in particular?
    So you think a god would be more like humans in terms of emotional maturity? I would hope not. That would be a very sucky god if you asked me. It just seems to me Christians, Jews and Muslims put their god on a rather low plane, a lot lower than I would expect such a real god to be. It is just too human to be co-incidental. I think the entire edifice of all three religions were simply made up by men.

BTW, I am not an atheist. I just doubt EXTREMELY seriously the god of the Abrahamic religions. I am just a little human, therefore I could not rule out some kind of supernatural god but I for sure don't think the Abrahamic god is anything other than made up by men.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:58
    So you think a god would be more like humans in terms of emotional maturity? I would hope not. That would be a very sucky god if you asked me. It just seems to me Christians, Jews and Muslims put their god on a rather low plane, a lot lower than I would expect such a real god to be. It is just too human to be co-incidental. I think the entire edifice of all ...[text shortened]... natural god but I for sure don't think the Abrahamic god is anything other than made up by men.
    Look, there are many *Christians* who get a wrong idea about God. Whole denominations. Many translations. There's a LOT of argument over who or what God is. Crimes against mankind have been perpetrated by these arguments.

So it doesn't surprise me that you have your own ideas about God. I'd call them a bit on the 'fringe' side, but hey, I'm human. I don't understand everything, even other humans.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 16:17
    So you think a god would be more like humans in terms of emotional maturity? I would hope not. That would be a very sucky god if you asked me. It just seems to me Christians, Jews and Muslims put their god on a rather low plane, a lot lower than I would expect such a real god to be. It is just too human to be co-incidental. I think the entire edifice of all ...[text shortened]... natural god but I for sure don't think the Abrahamic god is anything other than made up by men.
    Actually I agree with you on this. Many here do not realize who God is and how high on levels we cannot imagine that his might and wisdom are.
    The Bible says "his thoughts and ways or not our ways". Many try to put humans faults into God and thus makesmany have escuses for what we may concieve as mistakes by him.
    But the picture is so much larger then what we see and understand. Out of frustration and listening to what some believe to be the short falls of God, leads many to either ignor God or say he doesn't exist.
    It would be wise to see that we know very little about him other then his qualities and how he deals with us humans.
    And to see all he has created to the vastness of the universe to the incredible human cell and even this beautiful planet that has every thing we need to live on.
    So yes satan and is inflaunce on many religions has managed to make God look really bad and even weak at times but that is far from the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree