The U.S.A's part in killing thousands of children in Iraq

The U.S.A's part in killing thousands of children in Iraq

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
23 Dec 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
I just get pissed at people constantly putting the US in such bad light when all over the world real tyranny happens. You ever hear of Darfur? Or the wars of Sudan? Was that the fault of the US too? The rapes by the thousands? The genital mutilations? That is the fault of the US?

And the Kurds getting gassed by Saddam is not that far in the past. I didn' ...[text shortened]... did that, totally ignoring people like Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin and all their pals.
I just get pissed at people constantly putting the US in such bad light when all over the world real tyranny happens.

The US repeatedly puts itself in a "bad light". In both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars the US was the aggressor. True or not true?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]I just get pissed at people constantly putting the US in such bad light when all over the world real tyranny happens.

The US repeatedly puts itself in a "bad light". In both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars the US was the aggressor. True or not true?[/b]
Make no mistake, the Iraq war was a major fluke up. But I suppose you figure its ok for the Taliban to be chopping off the noses of women who don't follow their edicts or blow up statues thousands of years old or shooting Malala because she wanted an education. I guess all that means nothing to you. It turns out there are societies whose existence is a cancer on the world. I assume you think its ok for them to drive societies back into the tenth century with their savage sharia laws that should have been banned a thousand years ago.

You would do nothing but let all that go on and country after country like Syria now seeming to be under the control of Al quida. No big deal, right?

T

Moves
23 Dec 12
2 edits

Make no mistake, the Iraq war was a major fluke up. But I suppose you figure its ok for the Taliban to be chopping off the noses of women who don't follow their edicts or blow up statues thousands of years old or shooting Malala because she wanted an education. I guess all that means nothing to you. It turns out there are societies whose existence is a canc ...[text shortened]... y after country like Syria now seeming to be under the control of Al quida. No big deal, right?
But I suppose you figure its ok for the Taliban to be chopping off the noses of women who don't follow their edicts or blow up statues thousands of years old or shooting Malala because she wanted an education. I guess all that means nothing to you. It turns out there are societies whose existence is a cancer on the world. I assume you think its ok for them to drive societies back into the tenth century with their savage sharia laws that should have been banned a thousand years ago.

Do you honestly believe that the US invaded Afghanistan for those reasons? If so, how do you reconcile that belief with the US having not only allowed atrocities in other countries, but having supported countries perpetrating atrocities? Or of the US committing atrocities of its own?

The US repeatedly puts itself in a bad light whether or not you want to admit it.

T

Moves
23 Dec 12

Make no mistake, the Iraq war was a major fluke up. But I suppose you figure its ok for the Taliban to be chopping off the noses of women who don't follow their edicts or blow up statues thousands of years old or shooting Malala because she wanted an education. I guess all that means nothing to you. It turns out there are societies whose existence is a canc ...[text shortened]... y after country like Syria now seeming to be under the control of Al quida. No big deal, right?
BTW, the last post on the previous page still seems to apply.

u
semper fi

Moves
23 Dec 12

I thought I was visiting the spirituality forum...

Things often go off topic here, but this thread was in the wrong place from the get go. Mods, please send this to debates forum were it belongs.

Moves
23 Dec 12

america + britian didnt invade afganistan to save woman. we all know that. it silly to pretend otherwise.

you cannot fight a belief. you would think america would have learnt that by now. education is the key.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
24 Dec 12

Originally posted by dunetwo
As shocking and sad the Connecticut shootings were, it boggles the mind that the thousands of innocent children killed and maimed in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars by the mighty USA are less sensational. Could it be that the value of a child's life varies according to nationality and/or financial status?
And the babies that are aborted as well.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 12

Originally posted by RBHILL
And the babies that are aborted as well.
These left-wing Liberals are all for aborting babies.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
24 Dec 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
These left-wing Liberals are all for aborting babies.
They are all for a Womans right to control Her fertility and destiny, unlike you guys and the Taliban.

Moves
24 Dec 12

As shocking and sad the Connecticut shootings were, it boggles the mind that the thousands of innocent children killed and maimed in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars by the mighty USA are less sensational. Could it be that the value of a child's life varies according to nationality and/or financial status?
Miss the point much?

M

Moves
24 Dec 12

M

Moves
24 Dec 12
1 edit

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 12

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]I just get pissed at people constantly putting the US in such bad light when all over the world real tyranny happens.

The US repeatedly puts itself in a "bad light". In both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars the US was the aggressor. True or not true?[/b]
Not true.

Some people seem to quickly get amnesia on this website.

The USA was attacked on September 11, 2001 which resulted in the murder of about 3000 people. The President and congress of the USA decided the USA needed to respond quickly against the aggressors. Various intelligence sources initially indicated that the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda was responsible and were being supported by the Taliban in Afghanistan and that Saddam Hussein in Iraq may also be involved. The suspicion that Iraq may have or be able to quickly produce weapons of mass destruction and put in the hands of al-Qaeda became a priority to prevent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

Moves
24 Dec 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Not true.

Some people seem to quickly get amnesia on this website.

The USA was attacked on September 11, 2001 which resulted in the murder of about 3000 people. The President and congress of the USA decided the USA needed to respond quickly against the aggressors. Various intelligence sources initially indicated that the Islamist militant group al-Qa ...[text shortened]... s of al-Qaeda became a priority to prevent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks
would that be the afgan based section of al qaeda that america funded during the soviet invasion of afghanistan.....oops.

if iraq and afghanistan is the u.s responding to the threat of al qaeda why didnt the u.s. take down the saudi's as well......mnnnnnn...scratch your chi and have a think.......

is that the nuclear weapons that were never found, yet iran are a genuine nuclear threat and america does nothing.............i wonder why.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 12

Another ignorant and stupid comment from the numbnuts.