1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 22:02
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    They are all for a Womans right to control Her fertility and destiny, unlike you guys and the Taliban.
    Maybe her destiny was to raise that child and maybe it could have grown up to provide for her.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 22:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Not true.

Some people seem to quickly get amnesia on this website.

The USA was attacked on September 11, 2001 which resulted in the murder of about 3000 people. The President and congress of the USA decided the USA needed to respond quickly against the aggressors. Various intelligence sources initially indicated that the Islamist militant group al-Qa ...[text shortened]... s of al-Qaeda became a priority to prevent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks
    The US invaded Afghanistan without UN approval.

The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) did not authorize the U.S.-led military campaign in Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom).

Defenders of the legitimacy of the U.S.-led invasion argue that U.N. Security Council authorization was not required since the invasion was an act of collective self-defense provided for under Article 51 of the UN Charter, and therefore was not a war of aggression.[69][70] Critics maintain that the bombing and invasion of Afghanistan were not legitimate self-defense under Article 51 of the UN Charter because the 9/11 attacks were not “armed attacks” by another state, but rather were perpetrated by groups of individuals or non-state actors, and that these attackers had no proven connection to Afghanistan. Further, it is their opinion that even if a state had perpetrated the 9/11 attacks, no bombing campaign would constitute self-defense; the necessity for self-defense must be "instant, overwhelming, leaving no choice of means, and no moment for deliberation."[69]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)#Legal_basis_for_war
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 02:33
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The US invaded Afghanistan without UN approval.

[b]The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) did not authorize the U.S.-led military campaign in Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom).

Defenders of the legitimacy of the U.S.-led invasion argue that U.N. Security Council authorization was not required since the invasion was an act of c ...[text shortened]... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)#Legal_basis_for_war
    [/b]
    You must think I give a rats arse about what the UN thinks?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 03:11
    Try putting the quote within the context of our discussion.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 04:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Maybe her destiny was to raise that child and maybe it could have grown up to provide for her.
    Then that is what She will do, if She does not, then clearly, it is not.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 15:48
    The bottom line is you want to control women's lives. Pure and simple.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 17:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The bottom line is you want to control women's lives. Pure and simple.
    No that is a lie of the left.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 23:43
    No that is a lie of the left.
    You don't want women to get abortions. That is their decision and none, repeat, NONE of your business.

That is a prime example of you wanting to control women.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 02:131 edit
    You don't want women to get abortions. That is their decision and none, repeat, NONE of your business.

Don't you realize some abortions kill babies in the woman's womb? What did the baby do in the womb that was so wrong that it deserves death? I am not against killing human beings, but there needs to be a better reason than it is the woman's choice, IMO. If a woman gets raped, it is the rapist that did something wrong and deserves death, not the baby. If the woman kills her baby in the womb, it is the woman that deserves death, not the baby. Whoever kills a baby in the mother's womb deserves death, not the baby. The baby did nothing wrong that I can see. What do you say the baby could have done wrong that deserves death, without even a trial? I don't think any woman should have that much power to kill another human being just because she chooses.
  10. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 02:23
    Don't you realize some abortions kill babies in the woman's womb? What did the baby do in the womb that was so wrong that it deserves death? I am not against killing human beings, but there needs to be a better reason than it is the woman's choice, IMO. If a woman gets raped, it is the rapist that did something wrong and deserves death, not the baby. If ...[text shortened]... any woman should have that much power to kill another human being just because she chooses.
    Of course it varies. The worth of anything is relative to the value we place on it. Silly wabbit.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:22

No. Your wrong..
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:54
    Originally posted by shiloh
    Of course it varies. The worth of anything is relative to the value we place on it. Silly wabbit.
    I was not talking about worth or value. I was talking about right and wrong and justice, you numbnuts.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 10:11
    do you think the existence of the u.n. is a bad thing?
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 10:25
    Don't you realize some abortions kill babies in the woman's womb? What did the baby do in the womb that was so wrong that it deserves death? I am not against killing human beings, but there needs to be a better reason than it is the woman's choice, IMO. If a woman gets raped, it is the rapist that did something wrong and deserves death, not the baby. If ...[text shortened]... any woman should have that much power to kill another human being just because she chooses.
    do you think drone strikes on military targets in civilian areas in afghanistan is acceptable?
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 13:35
    Originally posted by dunetwo
    As shocking and sad the Connecticut shootings were, it boggles the mind that the thousands of innocent children killed and maimed in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars by the mighty USA are less sensational. Could it be that the value of a child's life varies according to nationality and/or financial status?
    You have forgotten My Lai incident in Vietnam war when Lt. William Law Calley's soldiers wantonly killed women and children of that village.
    Have you ever seen the photographs which appeared in Life Magazine around Dec.68 or so ?
    In the first photograph a girl of about 12 or 13 is seen looking at a US soldier who is aiming his rifle at her. The girl is cradling a small kid of about 2 or 3 in her arms, most probably her sibling. The girl is looking at the US soldier with mixed emotions on her face, fear, wonderment, but a bit of hope is also seen on her face that he may not kill her after all. Such a powerful man after all ! The next photo shows the blood spattered bodies of both the kids lying on the ground, dead as dead can be, their bodies torn up as rag dolls torn up by children of similar age, the products of US ammunition technology ( the best in the world, no doubt ! ) having done their work.
    These photos , I will never forget. The USA became a nation of crazies in my eyes since then and I have not regained the good feelings I had , well before this incident , for the nation of Washington, Franklin and Lincoln.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree