The Universal  Bright Woman

The Universal Bright Woman

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 14

Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
Any problem with that? So what's the case if we differ our understanding concerning rapture? Do you also call a cult if the Catholic Church held the belief concerning purgatory and whatsoever? Even Norman Geisler calls her an occult. I don't care if we have differences in non-essentials. As long as I love the Lord and read in His word, walking in m ...[text shortened]... ian faith at least I and Sonship are not for traditional Christianity. I am satisfied with that!
There are those Christians that have been taught a pre-tribulation rapture, a mid-tribulation rapture, and a post-tribulation rapture and do not blame them for not understanding on there own. But when they are shown scripture that clearly proves the rapture takes place after the great tribulation of those days, then they should be willing to accept the clear word of scripture.

Those that refuse to vary from the propaganda they have been indoctrinated with, like many cult groups such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, are generally also members of a cult and will defend the false doctrines of their leadership by any means necessary.

I was given suspicion that Witness Lee was such a cult leader and it seems to be backed up by what little I have read about his teachings and by testimony of former followers. I am just sounding the warning, "Come out of her, My people."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Sep 14
2 edits

Brother Kevin, tell me.

When you read this above post from RJHinds, did the passages about Firstfruits and Harvest somehow suddenly vanish from your New Testament ?

My New Testament still has chapter 14 of Revelation with a group of Firstfruits in heaven, a tribulation, and a Harvest of believers reaped to the AIR.

KLP

Moves
11 Sep 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
There are those Christians that have been taught a pre-tribulation rapture, a mid-tribulation rapture, and a post-tribulation rapture and do not blame them for not understanding on there own. But when they are shown scripture that clearly proves the rapture takes place after the great tribulation of those days, then they should be willing to accept the cle ...[text shortened]... imony of former followers. I am just sounding the warning, [b]"Come out of her, My people."[/b]
And there are some testimonies are full of lies because of their hatred. They make a false impression about us. I also am a witness here in the Philippines. And I know some testimonies are lies created by Troy Brooks in his site!

KLP

Moves
11 Sep 14

Originally posted by sonship
Thanks Kevin.

This matches my experience over decades and matches the testimonies of hundreds of personal experiences given here.

[b] www.localchurches.org

under "Contact Us" for many churches in the US.

Don't let this guy try to wear you out.
Thank God for the many personal stories on the web of saints' experiences in the ...[text shortened]... ministry, were also a cult.

RJHinds is a good boy for supplying a lot of free advertizing.[/b]
Not only that but also testimonies from repected Christians

http://an-open-letter.org/testimonies/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

And there are some testimonies are full of lies because of their hatred. They make a false impression about us. I also am a witness here in the Philippines. And I know some testimonies are lies created by Troy Brooks in his site!
I do not know Troy Brooks. Some people on here seem to hate me. But I do not hate anybody here. I do not like some of the things they post, but when I call them numbnuts, I do not hate them. I do it for their own good. I do not hate the members of the Local Church Cult of Witness Lee. I just announce it as such for the good of the body of Christ. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

Not only that but also testimonies from repected Christians

http://an-open-letter.org/testimonies/
I have no Ph.D., Th.D., so why bother what I believe about Witness Lee and the Local Church Cult?

KLP

Moves
12 Sep 14
2 edits

I do not know Troy Brooks. Some people on here seem to hate me. But I do not hate anybody here. I do not like some of the things they post, but when I call them numbnuts, I do not hate them. I do it for their own good. I do not hate the members of the Local Church Cult of Witness Lee. I just announce it as such for the good of the body of Christ. 😏
Lier! I just read your post a month ago that you quote from his site.

Whatever! 😴

So be it then we will see at the judgement sit. You are so proud of yourself

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

Lier! I just read your post a month ago that you quote from his site.

Whatever! 😴

So be it then we will see at the judgement sit. You are so proud of yourself
If I quoted from his site I did not pay attention to the name of the person and I am not lying about not knowing him even if I did quote something from his site, because I do not personally know a Troy Brooks.

KLP

Moves
12 Sep 14
1 edit

If I quoted from his site I did not pay attention to the name of the person and I am not lying about not knowing him even if I did quote something from his site, because I do not personally know a Troy Brooks.
This is an example of an unberean mind. You're definitely such a waste. I am enriched by people who only care to minister Christ as life and with a supply of the Word of God. Christ became a precious to me. But unlike you a man of nothing except to accuse a brother especially yout can't see the forest for the trees about us.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Sep 14

This is an example of an unberean mind. You're definitely such a waste. I am enriched by people who only care to minister Christ as life and with a supply of the Word of God. Christ became a precious to me. But unlike you a man of nothing except to accuse a brother especially yout can't see the forest for the trees about us.
Kevin, I am here for fellowship.
I could use your fellowship and discussion.

If someone doesn't have any need or want to receive your talking, don't waste it.

I thought to try to help this man. He doesn't want it and feels he has no need. I looked back over some of the discussions and noticed I spent a lot of time.

No longer.
We must realize that some opposition from Christianity cannot be avoided.

Praise the Lord - through good report and evil report, as unknown and yet well known. It is just about all the same as long as the Lord obtains His goal.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

I did not get all my information on the heresay of Witness Lee from one source. And even when I brought the subject up of the heretical teahings of Witness Lee on this forum to warn others, it was sonship that confirmed that heretical teaching by trying to defend it. I did not know that sonship was a member of that cult at the time. I tried to help him understand it, but he refused to think logically about it and stuck to the Witness Lee heresay.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

Kevin, I am here for fellowship.
I could use your fellowship and discussion.

If someone doesn't have any need or want to receive your talking, don't waste it.

I thought to try to help this man. He doesn't want it and feels he has no need. I looked back over some of the discussions and noticed I spent a lot of time.

No longer.
We must realiz ...[text shortened]... unknown and yet well known. It is just about all the same as long as the Lord obtains His goal.
I am not opposed to Christianity. I am opposed to the false teachers, like Witness Lee that sneak in among the brethren, that Christ and the apostles warned the early Christians about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Sep 14

I am not opposed to Christianity. I am opposed to the false teachers, like Witness Lee that sneak in among the brethren, that Christ and the apostles warned the early Christians about.
I am not opposed to Christianity.

I didn't say you were. You didn't read it right.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

I am not opposed to Christianity.

I didn't say you were. You didn't read it right.
Oh. Then you are opposed to Christianity?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14
1 edit

A FUTURE AND A HOPE
Church Life Beyond the Local Church Movement
John Myer

At the outset, I’d like to clarify some basic terminology and hopefully avoid confusing the uninitiated reader. When I use the term “Local Church,” such as in the subtitle of this book, I don’t mean it the way it has been commonly employed in the Christian world. There, “local churches” simply denote Christian congregations that are locally accessible to the public. I am going to be a great deal more specific than that. The “Local Churches” as I use the expression, will refer to particular congregations that have some level of alignment with Witness Lee and his publishing house, the Living Stream Ministry.

Different views and opinions will emerge when talking to people who have been involved with the Local Churches. I have no interest in cataloguing and addressing all of them. My belief, simply stated, is that somewhere along the line most of these churches hardened into a movement of religious idiosyncrasies and extremes.
Local Church insiders casually refer to their involvement with the group as being “the church life.” Yet my contention is that authentic New Testament church life cannot exist within it to any compelling degree. Over the last few years, many have come to similar conclusions and to varying extents have withdrawn, looking for fresher, saner fields.

This book was written for them since they have more than likely heard that upon leaving “the Recovery” (that is, the Living Stream Ministry’s version of it), there is no place left to go except religious Babylon.
Happily, the Holy Spirit is not confined by such edicts, which the following chapters will go on to demonstrate.

According to members who long preceded me in the group, Local Church dynamics began eroding at an early stage. The downward trend was so incremental that as usual in church history, the majority barely even noticed it. At some point before they declined to movement status, many local churches had functioned as vibrant communities of prayer, the Bible, and fellowship. It was a setting where believers could taste New Testament church life. This infant book of Acts experience had a kind of raw, unrefined power. It was only a matter of time before someone felt it more efficient to domesticate that power by rigidly defining it.

As a result, the spontaneity of yesterday was slowly supplanted, giving way to an “enjoyment” of forms, exercises, ways, activities, and the strictest kind of systematic theology. Dogmatism crept in. Almost imperceptibly, the simple Christian faith became indistinguishable from the “vision” that defined the Movement. By the late seventies, the group’s informal oneness of the spirit was well on its way to morphing into organizational uniformity (despite vigorous official denials). Purges, politics, jealousy, the rumor mill, and subtle forms of character assassinations surfaced. By the mid-eighties, the entire package was looking very similar to the “fallen Christianity” that the group had often ridiculed.

http://assemblylife.com/chapter1.pdf