The Universal  Bright Woman

The Universal Bright Woman

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Sep 14

Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
This is an example of an unberean mind. You're definitely such a waste. I am enriched by people who only care to minister Christ as life and with a supply of the Word of God. Christ became a precious to me. But unlike you a man of nothing except to accuse a brother especially yout can't see the forest for the trees about us.
Kevin,

Thank God we search the Scriptures to see if these things are so.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14

Cult Awareness Information

The Local Church movement is led by the elderly Chinese gentleman Witness Lee (Li Chang-Shou). This movement claims for itself to be the sole move and expression of God on earth today. Local Church members also claim to be the most orthodox of Christians.

Witness Lee was born in the Chefoo region of China in 1905. He claims to have been saved in 1925, and came under the influence of the late Chinese evangelist Watchman Nee (1903-1972). Lee moved to Shanghai several years later to become a disciple of Nee. He became a full-time church co-worker with Nee in 1933. Watchman Nee himself was greatly influenced by writers of the Brethren and inner/deeper persuasion such as T. Austin-Sparks, M.E. Barber, John Nelson Darby, Madame Guyon, Andrew Murray, D.M. Panton, G.H. Pember, Jesse Penn-Lewis, and a host of others. Nee himself held to some unfortunate viewpoints of doctrine. He believed, for example, that there must be only one church fellowship in each city, his doctrine of localism, the joining of God's Spirit with man's spirit, the doctrine of mingling, a extreme emphasis upon the tripartite view of man, body, soul, and spirit, and the partial rapture of the saints, whereby only genuine overcomers are to be caught up to be with the Lord before the tribulational period.

Doctrinal conflicts arose between Lee and other leaders and members of the existing movement. Although Nee held some unfortunate doctrinal beliefs, Lee took some of them further than Nee had. Lee also incorporated some questionable beliefs and practices of his own into the life of the movement. Controversy brought about a split of the movement.

The brief history of the Local Church has been characterized by charges of propagating heresy.
Beginning in 1972 a steady flow of publications and public lectures have critiqued the Local Church. The Local Church responded by threatening legal action to silence unfavorable public criticism of their movement.

Despite much media attention, however, the Local Church continues to draw new converts, primarily from college campuses and the undiscipled from mainline Protestant denominations. This is primarily due to elaborate mechanisms employed to gain and maintain loyalty to the movement's messianic cause.

In recent years a number of people have left the movement, including long-serving church leaders. In some cases, nearly entire church fellowships have distanced themselves from Lee and the movement. Some have severed their ties altogether, as was the case of The Church in Rosemead, which broke with Lee and Company in 1988. In January of 1988 former members of the Local Church distributed a twenty-page pamphlet, Reconsideration of the Vision, in both the English and Chinese languages. This pamphlet alleges that Witness Lee had strayed from the teachings of the Bible, engaged in questionable business practices involving members' money, and failed to discipline his son, Philip Lee. Later that year Philip Lee was excommunicated from the Anaheim fellowship based upon allegations of sexual misconduct. This publication also questioned Witness Lee's role as an apostle.

http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=477&Itemid=8

KLP

Moves
12 Sep 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
A FUTURE AND A HOPE
Church Life Beyond the Local Church Movement
John Myer

At the outset, I’d like to clarify some basic terminology and hopefully avoid confusing the uninitiated reader. When I use the term “Local Church,” such as in the subtitle of this book, I don’t mean it the way it has been commonly employed in the Christian world. There, ...[text shortened]... ristianity” that the group had often ridiculed.

http://assemblylife.com/chapter1.pdf
Back off! I already read those stuff.

KLP

Moves
12 Sep 14
1 edit

[b]Cult Awareness Information

The Local Church movement is led by the elderly Chinese gentleman Witness Lee (Li Chang-Shou). This movement claims for itself to be the sole move and expression of God on earth today. Local Church members also claim to be the most orthodox of Christians.

Witness Lee was born in the Chefoo region of Ch ...[text shortened]... tle.

http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=477&Itemid=8[/b]
You're the worst person I met in this forum! What does it have to with the topic The Universal Bright Woman? Everytime Sonship post, you keep telling us that we are a cult. I think you wanna kick us out from this forum."No Christians from the local churches are allowed here." You keep copy paste.

John Myer

Myer and his so-called leader Titus Chu. Titus and his co-workers gives sooooo many bad false reports about us, like LSM controls the churches which is apparently not the case.

You don't know what's their hidden history too. Really you don't know!

Almost about 60% they adopted from bro. Lee's teaching and 80% from Nee.

RJhinds, I'm really tired of you. You must be gone mad. Bye. I don't wanna be like of my brothers and sisters here who have left the church life because of those stuff they've read.

KLP

Moves
12 Sep 14

Originally posted by sonship
Kevin,

Thank God we search the Scriptures to see if these things are so.
This man (RJhinds) is really a mad man

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 14
1 edit

You're the worst person I met in this forum! What does it have to with the topic The Universal Bright Woman? Everytime Sonship post, you keep telling us that we are a cult. I think you wanna kick us out from this forum."No Christians from the local churches are allowed here." You keep copy paste.

Jo ...[text shortened]... my brothers and sisters here who have left the church life because of those stuff they've read.
I have been discussing the topic. However, it is people like you that come on and change the topic. If you wish to defend the cult make another thread about it. Then I want need to say any more about it on this thread.

KLP

Moves
12 Sep 14

I have been discussing the topic. However, it is people like you that come on and change the topic. If you wish to defend the cult make another thread about it. Then I want need to say any more about it on this thread.
Because your the one posted Witness Lee cult. Who started first?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Sep 14

I guess it started with my reply to Soothfast.

Originally posted by Soothfast
See, this is crazy. You guys can't even establish what unit of time the Master of the Universe is using to within two orders of magnitude.

My reply

I accept the units of time given in the Holy Bible. It is sonship that has been deceived by the cult leader Witness Lee.

Then he wanted to know if that was bad and I told him it was not as bad as many other cults. Then I quoted that information on identifying cults.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Sep 14

Let him go.
Remember the Apostle Paul telling Timothy -

"This you know, that all who are in Asia turned away from me, of whom are Phygelus and Hermogenas" (2 Timothy 1:15)

Even the Apostle Paul had some of his own co-workers turn away. Men will seek excuses when God is moving. We should expect the same today.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Sep 14

Let him go.
Remember the Apostle Paul telling Timothy -

[b]"This you know, that all who are in Asia turned away from me, of whom are Phygelus and Hermogenas" (2 Timothy 1:15)

Even the Apostle Paul had some of his own co-workers turn away. Men will seek excuses when God is moving. We should expect the same today.[/b]
Maybe it is you that is turning away from the truth.

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

(2 Timothy 4:4 KJV)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Sep 14

You need to stop reading that Witness Lee cult material. The catching up (RAPTURE) takes place after the Great tribulation as you can see by a clear reading of the following scriptures.

The Great Tribulation is the one Jesus predicted here:

For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

(Matthew 24:21-22, 29-31 NKJV)

The apostle Paul tells that this gathering together of His elect, mentioned by Jesus, will take place in two stages. The resurrection of the dead first, then those that remain alive after the great tribulation are changed in the twingling of an eye at the last trump and are caught up (RAPTURED) to be with them in the air.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

(1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 NASB)

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

(1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV)

Christians will not escape tribulation:

“These things I have spoken to you so that you may be kept from stumbling. They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.

“I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

(John 16:1-2, 12-13, 32-33 NASB)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Sep 14
1 edit

Revelation 3:10

Luke 21:36

Anyone else with a comment?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Sep 14

[b] Revelation 3:10

Luke 21:36

Anyone else with a comment?[/b]
Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

(Revelation 3:10 NIV)

This means the believers overcome by enduring patiently through to the end of the tribulation of Satan's wrath and will be saved from the hour of trial in the final judgment by Christ.

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown .
(Revelation 2:10 NIV)

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

(Luke 21:36 NIV)

This means for believers to watch and pray that they may be able to edure through tribulation as overcomers and escape the final judgment when they stand before Christ.

So these verses are just different ways of saying the same thing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Sep 14
3 edits

Anyone else with a commet ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Sep 14
4 edits

(Revelation 3:10 NIV)

This means the believers overcome by enduring patiently through to the end of the tribulation of Satan's wrath and will be saved from the hour of trial in the final judgment by Christ.

This particular verse, Rev.3:10 does NOT speak of keeping through but keeping "OUT OF".

The question is not "Does Jesus Christ ever keep believers THROUGH ribulations?" Of course He does. In this passage it is the reward of being kept OUT OF,

"Because you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you OUT OF the hour of trial which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth ..."

Past ENDURANCE through trial renders the REWARD of being KEPT OUT OF a particular trial to come.