1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '13 01:591 edit
    And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

(Revelation 6:1-2).

This white horse and rider represents the deception and victorious nature of the antichrist religion of Islam, which has been given a crown to make it on par with Christianity. The rider uses the bow, representing the words of deception in the Quran, to deceive and conquer the minds of many into thinking it is a righteous religion of peace. It has been so successful that even many within Christianity believe Islam is a religion of peace.

The instructor
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    21 May '13 02:265 edits
    that chapter scares me so much i won't read it allowed and am reluctant to quote it.

I think it describes world war 1 and 2 very well; you can, all to easily unleash hell on earth.

Scary but breeding viruses as weapons is actually an ancient science, and traditionally they used horses to do so. Again biblical stories rooted in fact.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 May '13 02:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b] And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

(Revelation 6:1-2).

This white horse and rider represents the deception and victorious nature of the antichrist religion of Islam, which has been given a crown to make it on par with Christianity. ...[text shortened]... ssful that even many within Christianity believe Islam is a religion of peace.

The instructor[/b]
    I was brought up to believe that the good guys got the white horses.

You've just stolen part of my childhood. 😞
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '13 02:494 edits
    This white horse and rider represents the deception and victorious nature of the antichrist religion of Islam, which has been given a crown to make it on par with Christianity. The rider uses the bow, representing the words of deception in the Quran, to deceive and conquer the minds of many into thinking it is a righteous religion of peace. It has been so successful that even many within Christianity believe Islam is a religion of peace.

The instructor

I disagree with this view of Revelation 6:1-2.

The white horse with its rider do not represent Islam and do not represent Antichrist. The rider neither represents Christ directly. It represents gospel preaching.

The rider has a bow but no arrow is mentioned. This means that the arrow has already been shot most likely.

The rider on the white horse represents the preaching of the Christian Gospel. The Gospel is the proclamation of victory in Christ. This means that the fatal blow to God's enemy has already been accomplished. Christ has overcome Satan and now the Gospel of peace is to be proclaimed throughout the earth.

The first horse and its rider, I submit, should be interpreted as the preaching of the Gospel. Gospel preaching is the main thing that is going on in the earth as far as God's view point is concerned.

That is why this is the FIRST horse. For the spread of the Gospel is the first and most vital historical matter on the earth. Following the gospel preaching are the negative events as war and famine and death. This is like a horse race. And the first horse is the one in the lead. That is leading the way before all the negative things in human history is the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The preaching of the gospel is crowned with glory. So the rider of the first horse is seen with a crown. The bow is in his hand. The arrow has been shot into the heart of the enemy of God.

And the victory is proclaimed, approved of God, so as to be symbolized as a white horse.

I advize Bible readers to forget about interpreting the rider with a crown on the white horse with a bow as either Antichrist or Islam or any negative thing.

"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying like the sound of thunder, Come.

And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he who sits on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went forth conquering and to conquer." (Rev. 6:1,2)

The conquering Gospel has been both approved by God and crowned with the glory of Christ -

" ... the illumination of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God ..." (2 Cor. 4:4)
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '13 03:393 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] This white horse and rider represents the deception and victorious nature of the antichrist religion of Islam, which has been given a crown to make it on par with Christianity. The rider uses the bow, representing the words of deception in the Quran, to deceive and conquer the minds of many into thinking it is a righteous religion of peace. It has be ation of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God ..." (2 Cor. 4:4) [/b]
    What you say has been one of the interpretations of many Christian scholars and it seemed logical to me at first thought. But as I looked closer at the totality of the book of Revelation, this did not seem to fit with the purpose of the remainder of the horsemen or with the 7 sealed scrolls that bring judgments upon the people of the world.

The idea of the opening of the first seal as a judgment of the antichrist spirit for the unrighteous fits better, with second seal judgment of war, the third seal judgment of famine, the fourth seal judgment of death, the fifth seal judgment of the vengence of the martyrs, the sixth seal judgment of anarchy, and the seventh seal judgment of the 7 trumpets, which includes the 3 woes.

The White Horsemen of Revelation - The Mahdi Antichrist?
    YouTube

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '13 04:43
    Mahdi Madness: The 12th Imam Psychosis in Iran
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=36c4Kcr8jwQ

Prophecy in the News: The Mahdi is Coming
    YouTube

The Instructor
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '13 10:57
    What you say has been one of the interpretations of many Christian scholars and it seemed logical to me at first thought.

I don't think that many expounders of Revelation teach that this rider represents the preaching of the Gospel. I think it is still not common to hear this.

However, the number seven in the Bible is sometimes divided as 1 + 6. Or it may be grouped as 6 + 1. So that one of the seven seals is devoted to something not related to a negative matter would not be overly surprising.

You have six seals opened and then silence in heaven before the last seventh seal is opened.

"And when He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them." (Rev. 8:1,2)

This puts passages seems to arrange the seven seals into 6 + 1.
    The point I make is that sometimes in constructing seven you have a 1 + 6 or a 6 + 1 design in the Bible.

It is also the case that you could have a 1 + 3 scheme to construct 4.

But as I looked closer at the totality of the book of Revelation, this did not seem to fit with the purpose of the remainder of the horsemen or with the 7 sealed scrolls that bring judgments upon the people of the world.

It seems quite fitting to me.

It is easy to see only negative judgments in an exciting book like Revelation. I think one has to go a bit more below the surface to see Revelation is more dedicated to the victorious positive matters of God's will.

It is quite positive that not only in human history war, famine, death and hades are galloping through the world. Ahead of all these dreadful matters is the "GOOD NEWS" of God's Gospel. It goes forth to conquer.

If the Gospel does not go forth to conquer than there could not be a positive conclusion to the book or Revelation or to the entire Bible.

So I stand with the first horse and its rider being a 1 + 3 design rather than automatically assume that the first seal must be made to conform to the other three dreadful and negative seals.

The idea of the opening of the first seal as a judgment of the antichrist spirit for the unrighteous fits better, with second seal judgment of war, the third seal judgment of famine, the fourth seal judgment of death, the fifth seal judgment of the vengence of the martyrs, the sixth seal judgment of anarchy, and the seventh seal judgment of the 7 trumpets, which includes the 3 woes.

In my view you get both. The arrow is shot from the bow. This Gospel speaks of the fatal arrow already piercing into the heart of the Devil. Satan's only recourse now is deception. Christ has judged him on the cross.

So in seeing the first rider with the bow and crown we do not loose the good news that the Devil HAS been conquered and with him antichrist.

Jesus in His crucifixion proclaimed victory over every antichrist spirit -

"Now is the judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast out.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself." (John 12:31,32)

The church fights by standing firm in Christ's finished victory. We stand in the accomplished victory of Jesus on His cross over the prince of this world - Satan.

Before He goes to the cross He proclaims that He has overcome the Devil-

"These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have affliction, but take courage; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

We preach a gospel of peace. We preach a gospel of Christ having overcome on our behalf. This is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith.

It is fitting that we see history in this way. What is the main event in history? Is it antichrist? Is it war, famines, earthquakes, starvations, deaths and Hades? The most important thing is the Christ has overcome and we spread a gospel of His victorious conquering of Satan and the world.

That is precisely why it is the Good News in the midst of this chaos. It is the truth.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '13 10:58
    Deceptions of Islam
    YouTube

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    21 May '13 12:10
    Deceptions of Islam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtO_AYXOFY

The Instructor
    I think if you see the devil in Islam, its you who will get bitten, not the muslims! They have sound (very similar to christian) morals - the only devil they have is the same one as in the bible - i used to doubt this my self but read a bit and I'm sure you'll find they are good.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '13 16:27
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I think if you see the devil in Islam, its you who will get bitten, not the muslims! They have sound (very similar to christian) morals - the only devil they have is the same one as in the bible - i used to doubt this my self but read a bit and I'm sure you'll find they are good.
    I have no doubt that Islam is an antichrist religion and that the white horse and rider represents the Mahdi of Islam, riding out in the spirit of deception to conquer with the Quran, represented by the bow with no arrows. He is spoken of as being given a crown, because he has not earned one like the real Christ described in Revelation 19, Who has many crowns and a sharp sword, representing the word of God.

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
    LORD OF LORDS.

(Revelation 19:11-16 NKJV)

The Instuctor
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:232 edits
    The White Horseman is Conquest.

And it has nothing to do with the white horse and rider of Rev. 19.

Now this conquest is military conquest, and like the other horsemen, it is a tribulation, not a good thing. Notably, Billy Graham held that it represented the AntiChrist, or false prophets, from the differences between Rev. 6 and Rev. 19.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '13 02:021 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The White Horseman is Conquest.

And it has nothing to do with the white horse and rider of Rev. 19.

Now this conquest is military conquest, and like the other horsemen, it is a tribulation, not a good thing. Notably, Billy Graham held that it represented the AntiChrist, or false prophets, from the differences between Rev. 6 and Rev. 19.
    I question why antichrist would be depicted on a white horse.
    And why would a false messiah be seen riding a white horse?

White, signifies clean, pure, just, and approvable. The white horse is a symbol of the preaching of the gospel, which is clean, pure, just, and approvable in the eyes of both man and God.

Footnote on chapter 6 in the Recovery Version Bible.

A bow with an arrow is for fighting. But here there is a bow without an arrow. This indicates that the arrow has already been shot to destroy the enemy and that the victory has been won for the constituting of the gospel of peace. Now the fighting is over, and the gospel of peace is being proclaimed in a peaceful way. ... a crown is a sign of glory. The gospel has been crowned with the glory of Christ (2 Cor. 4:4) ... overcoming and to overcome "conquering and to conquer". Throughout all the centuries, wherever the gospel has been proclaimed, it has conquered and overcome all kinds of opposition and attack.

Prove all things. Hold fast to that which is good.
  13. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 May '13 04:39
    I have no doubt that Islam is an antichrist religion and that the white horse and rider represents the Mahdi of Islam, riding out in the spirit of deception to conquer with the Quran, represented by the bow with no arrows. He is spoken of as being given a crown, because he has not earned one like the real Christ described in Revelation 19, Who has many crow ...[text shortened]... itten:

KING OF KINGS AND
    LORD OF LORDS.

(Revelation 19:11-16 NKJV)

The Instuctor[/b]
    That does sound a little crazy - I'm sure Jesus is a prophet in Islam, they do acknowledge Jesus -

Do you ever think it would be good if Jesus had an army? a legal system to back him up? Thats Islam.
  14. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 May '13 05:431 edit
    I don't want to sound like i really like it. I think its draconian to be honest, but I respect Islam as much as i respect Christianity.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 May '13 06:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] This white horse and rider represents the deception and victorious nature of the antichrist religion of Islam, which has been given a crown to make it on par with Christianity. The rider uses the bow, representing the words of deception in the Quran, to deceive and conquer the minds of many into thinking it is a righteous religion of peace. It has be ...[text shortened]... ation of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God ..." (2 Cor. 4:4) [/b]
    I would almost agree with this except in context the white horse is with the red horse and the black Horse and Ashen Horse so it does not quite follow at least in context.......of course Rev 19:11 Christ is seen on a white Horse

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree