1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '21 22:541 edit
    Then we look at things this BIRTH is not.

"As many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, who believe into His name,

Who were BEGOTTEN not of blood,
    nor of the will of the flesh,
    nor of the will of man,
    but of God."

The birth from God is not natural in the blood stream of your human parents.
    " . . . not of blood"

The birth is not of the will power of the fallen human man from Adam's fall "the flesh"
    " . . . nor of the will of the flesh"

The birth is not of the will power of even the original created man who was "very good" right out of the shoot from God's creation.
    " . . . nor of the will of man".

BUT the origin of the BIRTH is from the begetting Divine Father. If He does not extent it to you it cannot be otherwise obtained.
    " . . . but of God".

So the relationship of a son to a Father, a child to the begetting Father is His mercy upon our asking that we RECEIVE Jesus as our Lord, our Savior.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 09:35
    @sonship said
    What Rajk999 is really saying is that he comes to the bible with his opinion.
    What agrees with his selective opinion he will designate as the word of God.

Ie ."God of course speaks in a way that establishes the correctness of my opinion."

He will demote whatever in the Bible that he thinks doesn't establish his opinion.
    Rajk999's self chosen opinion is held higher t ...[text shortened]... ou all the while a relationship between people in God, he says, is nowhere to be found in the Bible.
    That is correct.

Rajk's "beliefs" are predicated on his opinions, since having not yet crossed over the threshold of faith, as evidenced by his religious "works" based theological position with regards to God's salvation, and eternal life as a gift of God's grace.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 10:362 edits
    @secondson said
    That is correct.

Rajk's "beliefs" are predicated on his opinions, since having not yet crossed over the threshold of faith, as evidenced by his religious "works" based theological position with regards to God's salvation, and eternal life as a gift of God's grace.
    I was musing over Luke and noticed that Jesus prayed for the impetuous disciple Simon Peter. Peter had such confidence in himself that he could make it to follow Jesus anywhere.

Jesus calls him by his old name saying - "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked to have you all to sift you as wheat. But I have made petition concerning you that your faith would not fail; and once you have turned again, establish your brothers ." (Luke 22:31,22)

Jesus interceded on behalf of Simon that his "faith would not fail." It was his faith that Jesus prayed for. Satan the devil was trying to sift Simon Peter out to destroy his FAITH.

It is from his faith all other attributes of being a disciple of Jesus would follow. It was his faith that was the target of Satan's fierce attack. Peter was full of self confidence and self reliability. His trust was in what he thought he could do.

"And he said to Him, Lord, I am ready to go with You both to prison and to death. But He said, I tell you, Peter, a rooster will not crow today until you deny that three times that you know Me." (v.34)

Obedience to Christ will always follow faith in Christ. Like the self confident leader Simon Peter, none of us can withstand the hour of temptation unless our faith in Jesus holds. We should not be so self confident but pray - "Lord Jesus I cannot make it. But You Lord Jesus, can make it in me."

It often takes deep failure turn our self trust totally into faith in the absoluteness of Christ.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 10:58
    @sonship said
    I was musing over Luke and noticed that Jesus prayed for the impetuous disciple Simon Peter. Peter had such confidence in himself that he could make it to follow Jesus anywhere.

Jesus calls him by his old name saying - [b]"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked to have you all to sift you as wheat. But I have made petition concerning you that your f ...[text shortened]...
    It often takes deep failure turn our self trust totally into faith in the absoluteness of Christ.
    More baloney. If it were really true that .. Obedience to Christ will always follow faith in Christ., then there would be no need for Jesus and all the Apostles to warn these saved born-again Christian saints, who professed their faith and who had the Holy Spirit, to live righteously and do good works, otherwise there would be no eternal life in the Kingdom of God, would there? Neither would it be necessary for James to state over and over that faith without works is dead. You are a good example of this failed doctrine that you preach. You profess faith in Christ but you never once tell anyone that failure to do good works and live righteously will lead to damnation. Instead you promote a doctrine of pure mouth-worshiping dead faith. Carry on.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:311 edit
    @Rajk999

Simon Peter is a representative of most people who want to follow Jesus.

If it were really true that .. Obedience to Christ will always follow faith in Christ.,

When Christ makes His home in our hearts through faith as in Ephesians 3:17 it is actual. A living Person (albeit mysterious) settles down to become one with us.

Making His home means moving gradually into every room of our hearts. And doing this our will merges with his, our emotion merges with His, our imagination with His merges, our deciding blends with His. And we exercise faith on a deeper and deeper level that Christ can be everything we need.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:322 edits
    In this process of Christ making Himself at home in man Paul prayed that Christ would be FORMED in us.

"My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you." (Gal. 4:19)

This is not sentimental talk.
    This is not some "sanctimonious" expression.

This is quite literal. Jesus Christ comes into man and Jesus FORMS more and more distinctly in man. He makes His home in the human spiritual inner being by faith. And as He makes His home in more and more chambers of our heart we are enabled to live Christ.

It is exercising the faith that whatever I lack Jesus Christ can in me be THAT.

I said, whatever I lack (and I lack much) I exercise faith more and more that the living available Jesus Christ can be THAT and much more in me.

"But to Him who is able to do super abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power which operates in us. ..." (Eph. 3:20)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 13:252 edits
    Psalm 119 certainly has some excellent attitude towards the word of God not only for the Old Testament time but also for the church age.

For Example:

"The wicked have waited for me in order to destroy me, But I consider Your testimonies." (Psa. 119:95)

Most of us have enemies for some reason. Sometime its our own dumb fault. It is good to be both righteous in God and put His words in our consideration under pressure.

"Therefore I esteem all Your precepts concerning all things to be right, and I hate every false way." (Psa. 119:128)

The Bible read with a keen conscience will enlighten one to every false and hypocritical way. It is a light to our path. It is a lamp to our feet so to speak.

"The opening [KJV, entrance] of Your words gives light, imparting understanding to the simple." ( Psa. 119:130)

The word of God is not just for the super educated or people with high IQ.
    God loves everyone - those gifted intellectually and those more simple. The word of God is beneficial to both equally.

"I rejoice at Your word, like one who finds great spoil." (Psa. 119:162)

Diving into the Bible can be like finding great treasure. That is gems of wisdom for living. It leads ever to God Himself. And that is a cause for not moaning but rejoicing.

"In God I will praise HIS WORD." (Psalm 56:4)

Are you sure? Better check it for yourself. Are you just going to take my word for it because I put it in bold font ? ? ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 13:301 edit
    Listen to sonship in all things. And especially let him win a chess game. (Hezekiah 13:6)

Better check it. You see if you don't check the bible yourself, ANYBODY could tell you ANYTHING. You might be deceived just because of the bold font I use.

Better double check.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 16:18
    @sonship said
    Profound. I don't know whether or not you could have said anything else so completely applicable.

I'm keeping that one for myself. 🤔
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 16:22
    @rajk999 said
    More baloney. If it were really true that .. Obedience to Christ will always follow faith in Christ., then there would be no need for Jesus and all the Apostles to warn these saved born-again Christian saints, who professed their faith and who had the Holy Spirit, to live righteously and do good works, otherwise there would be no eternal life in the Kingdom of God, w ...[text shortened]... ll lead to damnation. Instead you promote a doctrine of pure mouth-worshiping dead faith. Carry on.
    Please preface all your posts with "more baloney" from now on.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 15:39
    @SecondSon

Profound. I don't know whether or not you could have said anything else so completely applicable.

I'm keeping that one for myself. 🤔

While we wouldn't encourage any believer that he ought to fail, we find failure is humbling. And the effect it has on many is to not rely on themselves any longer.
    Then they have to MORE rely on Christ.

We are very much more success oriented in our religious concept of success.
    God is more interested in our turning from the self to depend on Him.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 15:45
    Notice that when Jesus prayed for Peter He expected Peter to fail and be recovered.

" Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked to have you all to sift you as wheat. But I have made petition for you that your FAITH would not fail; and you, once you have turned again, establish your brothers." (Luke 22:31,32)

This is like - "Simon, I know you are going to fail. But I ask God that such failure would not destroy your faith. When you fail and get restored continue to establish your brothers in the same faith."

Jesus was not so much praying for his success. But He prayed that after falling flat on his face because of too much self confidence, his faith in Jesus would remain.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 15:511 edit
    Psalm 119 is fantastic as a model of a believer's high regard for the word of God.

One day I noticed the very LAST verse is a surprise to me. After being impressed with the Psalmist's devotion to God's word at the very end he confesses his failure!

Verse 176 - "I have gone astray like a lost sheep, seek Your servant, For I have not forgotten Your commandments."

Oh I see. You blew it. That's why you are now so dedicated to God's word.
    Now that sounds like something I can well identify with.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 16:364 edits
    @sonship said
    Psalm 119 is fantastic as a model of a believer's high regard for the word of God.

One day I noticed the very LAST verse is a surprise to me. After being impressed with the Psalmist's devotion to God's word at the very end he confesses his failure!

[b]Verse 176 - "I have gone astray like a lost sheep, seek Your servant, For I have not forgotten Your com ...[text shortened]... ou are now so dedicated to God's word.
    Now that sounds like something I can well identify with.
    What nonsense again. This Psalm is about the KEEPING OF GODS COMMANDMENTS. David kept the commandments and God in return helped and assisted him. Its the very same thing Jesus said. His sheep are in his hands and nobody can pluck them out. If one sheep goes astray God / Jesus goes after that one sheep and bring them back home. But to become a sheep one must FIRST KEEP THE COMMANDMNTS, THEN God helps and assists.

I obey your teachings; I love them with all my heart. I obey your commands and your instructions; you see everything I do. Let my cry for help reach you, LORD! Give me understanding, as you have promised. Listen to my prayer, and save me according to your promise! I will always praise you, because you teach me your laws. I will sing about your law, because your commands are just. Always be ready to help me, because I follow your commands. How I long for your saving help, O LORD! I find happiness in your law. Give me life, so that I may praise you; may your instructions help me. I wander about like a lost sheep; so come and look for me, your servant, because I have not neglected your laws. (Psalms 119:167-176 GNB)

This has nothing to do with reading the word of God, neither professing empty and dead faith which you promote.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 17:142 edits
    More on Psalm 119's excellent display of a seekers regard for the word of God.

We needs to turn our life's direction TOWARD the word of God:
    Verse 59 says, [b] “I considered my ways and turned my feet toward Your testimonies.” (v.59)

Don't turn away from His word. Turn toward His word.

The seeker was in awe of the word of God. He did not regard it as common or mundane but awesome.

“My heart stands in awe of Your words.” (v. 161)

Sometimes we may even be in fear and trembling of the word of God, (parts of it).

"My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgments." (v.120)

This is a healthy fear knowing that God sees all. No one gets away with anything. But with His infinite awareness is also His great love, mercy, willingness to forgive based on Christ's redemption. Sometimes His word makes me tremble.

We stand in awe and sometimes tremble at God's word, yet we should cling to it.

“I cling to Your testimonies.” (Ps. 119:31)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree