1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    14 Apr '05 18:26
    Does every word That JESUS CHRIST spoke matter?
  2. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    41956
    14 Apr '05 18:311 edit
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Does every word That JESUS CHRIST spoke matter?
    if you consider Jesus Christ to be the son of God, then it should matter.
    if you don't, then all mankind make mistakes, but what matter is to learn from what was said or done..
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Joined
    13 Aug '03
    Moves
    21735
    14 Apr '05 18:31
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Does every word That JESUS CHRIST spoke matter?
    No. What matters is what words have been given to us from God. Many things were spoken by Jesus and not written down in Scripture. But the Word of God and the Scriptures and Jesus are inseparable. To know and believe one, is to know and believe the other.
  4. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    14 Apr '05 18:33
    Originally posted by Coletti
    No. What matters is what words have been given to us from God.
    I'm confused. Aren't Jesus and God One and The Same?
  5. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Joined
    13 Aug '03
    Moves
    21735
    14 Apr '05 18:53
    Originally posted by eagles54
    I'm confused. Aren't Jesus and God One and The Same?
    The depends on what you mean by "One and The Same."
  6. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11829
    14 Apr '05 19:09
    Originally posted by Coletti
    No. What matters is what words have been given to us from God. Many things were spoken by Jesus and not written down in Scripture. But the Word of God and the Scriptures and Jesus are inseparable. To know and believe one, is to know and believe the other.
    So basically every word that Jesus spoke that is recorded in the Bible is important!
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Joined
    13 Aug '03
    Moves
    21735
    14 Apr '05 19:14
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So basically every word that Jesus spoke that is recorded in the Bible is important!
    All the words of Scripture are important. But they are not all of the same importance in the same ways.
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    14 Apr '05 19:18
    Originally posted by Coletti
    The depends on what you mean by "One and The Same."
    I didn't think I was being ambiguous but perhaps I am.


    Jesus is the human manifestation of God, am I right? Wouldn't that make them One?
  9. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Joined
    13 Aug '03
    Moves
    21735
    14 Apr '05 19:33
    Originally posted by eagles54
    I didn't think I was being ambiguous but perhaps I am.


    Jesus is the human manifestation of God, am I right? Wouldn't that make them One?
    Yes, that I can agree with. My view of the Trinity is that Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all of one mind - the one mind of God. And they are the three persons of God, with different manifestations and purposes.
  10. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    14 Apr '05 19:38
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Yes, that I can agree with. My view of the Trinity is that Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all of one mind - the one mind of God. And they are the three persons of God, with different manifestations and purposes.
    My confusion stems from your assertion that "What matters is what words have been given to us from God."

    Aren't the words of Jesus equivalent to the words of God?

    I'm trying to learn here, I'm not trying to stir it up unnecessarily.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    14 Apr '05 20:05
    Originally posted by eagles54
    My confusion stems from your assertion that "What matters is what words have been given to us from God."

    Aren't the words of Jesus equivalent to the words of God?

    I'm trying to learn here, I'm not trying to stir it up unnecessarily.
    All that JESUS CHRIST spoke was from GOD. JESUS CHRIST is GOD.Every word that he spoke has equal importance.
  12. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    14 Apr '05 23:16
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Does every word That JESUS CHRIST spoke matter?
    But we don't know what Jesus spoke. The Bible tells us what he spoke but that isn't a transcript of his sermons. The NT wasn't written until after Jesus died. People didn't hang around with tape recorders or knew Pittman shorthand at his sermons. We read in the Bible an interpretation of what he supposedly said.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    14 Apr '05 23:18
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    But we don't know what Jesus spoke. The Bible tells us what he spoke but that isn't a transcript of his sermons. The NT wasn't written until after Jesus died. People didn't hang around with tape recorders or knew Pittman shorthand at his sermons. We read in the Bible an interpretation of what he supposedly said.
    then what is THE BIBLE
  14. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    14 Apr '05 23:25
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    then what is THE BIBLE
    Why does one have to write in CAPS?

    The Bible is a collection of stories put together by numerous authors and committees over many years. You also need to define "Bible". There is no one Bible. There are many depending on what Christian or Jewish sect you belong to. [This is a slight problem for those claiming that it is the divine word of God - one would expect that God would have divinely inspired all Sects to believe in the one Bible).

    See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible
  15. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    14 Apr '05 23:36
    Originally posted by Coletti
    All the words of Scripture are important. But they are not all of the same importance in the same ways.
    A career in politics awaits you...genius level post
Back to Top