1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 16:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is where we disagree; I don't believe that what people claim what we call religion is always the cause of these things when religion is involved, but the tool that people use. You can claim religion as your means to an end, which doesn't make religion the cause, but the tool or weapon of choice. There are plenty of times people were beheaded without wh ...[text shortened]... em from doing what they will in the face of knowledge they have that speaks against it.
    Kelly
    I think it is the same mind set in politics when people who are Democrates blame Republicans for all the problems in the world and vice versa. It seems it is always the others guys fault which saves us the pain of looking inward and allowing blame to be placed upon ourselves.

Having said that, by all means let them blame religion for all of our problems. Just don't let them expect anything to change by doing so. The only route to change is to change ourselves, not other people.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 16:132 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think it is the same mind set in politics when people who are Democrates blame Republicans for all the problems in the world and vice versa. It seems it is always the others guys fault which saves us the pain of looking inward and allowing blame to be placed upon ourselves.

Having said that, by all means let them blame religion for all of our problems. hing to change by doing so. The only route to change is to change ourselves, not other people.
    I agree within politics as long as the blame game is going on, then no one within power has to think it could be their very own actions that may be causing the issues like national debt and so on. The way everyone has been attacking problems may really be the real reason why some problems are occuring, blame is a useful tool to keep a watchful eye off who may really be causing much of the worlds ills.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree