1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:062 edits
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    1. It's not "my religion's evidence"; it's evidence available to any reasonable person.

2. You've misunderstood my point. A person with little or no moral culpability for his blasphemy is not "screwed".
    1. It's not "my religion's evidence"; it's evidence available to any reasonable person.

But phraseology issues aside, this evidence which (luckily for you 😉 ) acts as vindication for your own particular faith does refute any and all assertions made by those who follow a different religion that their belief system is correct whilst all others are more wrong or flawed than theirs, yes?

Also, for all people that present their own evidence to the contrary, they have made a mistake, yes?

2. You've misunderstood my point. A person with little or no moral culpability for his blasphemy is not "screwed".
    So if person X (a nice person perhaps who with or without a belief in deities has a set of morals comparable to some person that subscribes to your belief system) doesn't worship your deity, in fact if X tells all Y who follow your deity that they made a mistake and that your deity is lies (because being a nice person he wants everyone to be liberated from what he believes to be a fallacy)...X will still be (how shall I put this...) saved?
    Or is it true that despite being a nice and morally sound person he shall be condemned for his un-swaying dedication to a different belief system? (including atheism)
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:10
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i am a theist who believes there is a God or Gods and i pray and worship him/her/them. i have to say that religion is stupid, they get people to do ridiculous things such as not eating certain foods and not marrying, that is lame.
    That's right. religion is man made.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:163 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's right. religion is man made.
    Just a little tangental question...for what reason do you *worship* your own particular deity? (if you do that is) will you get into trouble if you don't? Also, how did you know you have to worship him/her/it?

Remember....you don't have a religion!!...giving more credence to a one holy book than others would suggest that you see truth in the religion that this book is aligned with
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:321 edit
    God(s) created you so be thankful no matter what the consequences are for not thanking him/her/them
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:373 edits
    God(s) created you so be thankful no matter what the consequences are for not thanking him/her/them
    but is not one solitary *acknowledgement* of the fact(?) that we were created by him/her/it sufficient?...what I'm getting at is: why do you *worship* your God?...how do you know that he isn't thinking "grrr...wish ExtremeVenom'd stop worshipping me all the time...I'm trying to chill out here and he keeps interrupting me!"...what is it that compels you towards this act?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:41
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Just a little tangental question...for what reason do you *worship* your own particular deity? (if you do that is) will you get into trouble if you don't?
    Also, how did you know you have to worship him/her/it?
    I should really wait and think about how I should answer your questions, but I'm impulsive so I won't.

The easy answer to your 1st question is, because he deserves it. After all he made me.

This next question requires a good deal more explanation, but, again, the easy answer is no. But there would be trouble, but not the way you might think.

God demands worship. Thou shall love the Lord thy God...
    Loving God is the root of worship.

I hope these answers are sufficient. Otherwise I'll try again, but not till tomorrow. Right now my 16 year old daughter is begging me to take her on a drive. She's got her temps now!
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:46
    but is not one solitary *acknowledgement* of the fact(?) that we were created by him/her/it sufficient?...what I'm getting at is: why do you *worship* your God?...how do you know that he isn't thinking "grrr...wish ExtremeVenom'd stop worshipping me all the time...I'm trying to chill out here and he keeps interrupting me!"...what is it that compels you towards this act?
    well i worship him after acknowledging his existence, and put him before everyone else and everything else, you can do w/e you want cuz my way may be wrong.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I should really wait and think about how I should answer your questions, but I'm impulsive so I won't.

The easy answer to your 1st question is, because he deserves it. After all he made me.

This next question requires a good deal more explanation, but, again, the easy answer is no. But there would be trouble, but not the way you might think.

God dem t now my 16 year old daughter is begging me to take her on a drive. She's got her temps now!
    God demands worship. Thou shall love the Lord thy God...

An excerpt from some religious book you hold to be true, whilst simultaneously having no religion? 😉
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:49
    well i worship him after acknowledging his existence, and put him before everyone else and everything else, you can do w/e you want cuz my way may be wrong.
    Am I to assume that this devotion to your cause is inspired by no religious system?
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:52
    Am I to assume that this devotion to your cause is inspired by no religious system?
    it is like buddhism except i dont think there is a god or gods in buddhism
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:54
    [b]God demands worship. Thou shall love the Lord thy God...

An excerpt from some religious book you hold to be true, whilst simultaneously having no religion? 😉[/b]
    religions ask you to do stupid stuff like attend church every week or you will go to hell or dont work on a certain day of the week or dont eat meat or something stupid. you can believe in the book without practicing it as a religion with other people and following their ridiculous rules.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 01:08
    Just a little tangental question...for what reason do you *worship* your own particular deity? (if you do that is) will you get into trouble if you don't? Also, how did you know you have to worship him/her/it?

Remember....you don't have a religion!!...giving more credence to a one holy book than others would suggest that you see truth in the religion that this book is aligned with
    Remember....you don't have a religion!!...giving more credence to a one holy book than others would suggest that you see truth in the religion that this book is aligned with.

This is a powerful point! One may be, however, a wanderer...a nomad...who finds some aspects of what one views as true best expressed in the symbolism of this religious/philosophical expression, and others in another one... One may find that one expression best captures it (for her/him!) on average, but still refer to others.

As a non-dualist (think Zen), I find the “perennial philosophy” expressed in just about all the religions—but in interestingly different ways. I tend to cross the boundaries rather easily (which likely makes me a heretic almost everywhere...).
  13. Earth
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 03:33
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]Remember....you don't have a religion!!...giving more credence to a one holy book than others would suggest that you see truth in the religion that this book is aligned with.

This is a powerful point! One may be, however, a wanderer...a nomad...who finds some aspects of what one views as true best expressed in the symbolism of this religious/philo ...[text shortened]... d to cross the boundaries rather easily (which likely makes me a heretic almost everywhere...).[/b]
    As a Baha'i, I believe there is only one God, and what we call different religions are all from Him. Initially these "religions" started out saying the same thing, but as time passed, different interpretations crept in which caused them to regress into the form they are in today.

I suppse some will argue otherwise, but if there is a God, it would make sense for Him to send messengers all around the planet and not just to Jerusalem. Why would He neglect the rest of the World?

It is clear and evident to thee that all the Prophets are the Temples of the Cause of God, Who have appeared clothed in divers attire. If thou wilt observe with discriminating eyes, thou wilt behold Them all abiding in the same tabernacle, soaring in the same heaven, seated upon the same throne, uttering the same speech, and proclaiming the same Faith. Such is the unity of those Essences of Being, those Luminaries of infinite and immeasurable splendor! Wherefore, should one of these Manifestations of Holiness proclaim saying: "I am the return of all the Prophets," He, verily, speaketh the truth. In like manner, in every subsequent Revelation, the return of the former Revelation is a fact, the truth of which is firmly established....

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p.)
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 13:46
    Of course this can only mean that the members of all other religions either haven't seen this evidence or are simply not reasonable people. Combine that with the fact that many of them also claim to have similar evidence showing a different conclusion.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 14:23
    And now, for free on the Internet:
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree