The Young Age Of The Earth

The Young Age Of The Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Practically all those guys are taught evolution in school regardless of what field of science is their specialty. So that fact alone will bias their point of view and interpretations. And if a scientist wants to get something published in the scientific journals, he had better not try to publish something that is clearly against the sacred cow of evolution, if he wants it accepted. That is called bucking the system.
That's total bullshyte. That is your self mutilated paranoid right wing so-called brain speaking out your ass.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
That's total bullshyte. That is your self mutilated paranoid right wing so-called brain speaking out your ass.
I wish it wasn't so, but there is much evidence that's the way the system works.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 14

Public schools indeed teach evolution as fact.....I know in High School Biology I was told how Birds and reptiles came from one the other.......23+ years ago though but they did teach it exclusively as fact.

Manny

Moves
11 Jun 14

I wish it wasn't so, but there is much evidence that's the way the system works.
ignoring evolution and science that clashes with your belief in god. can you think of any other scientific theory that scientist stick to that is wrong?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
ignoring evolution and science that clashes with your belief in god. can you think of any other scientific theory that scientist stick to that is wrong?
The theory of dating rocks and fossils has problems too.

Moves
11 Jun 14
1 edit

the dating of rock clashes with your belief in god.

my question was - are there any scientific theories that science sticks to that you think are wrong??? any??

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the dating of rock clashes with your belief in god.

my question was - are there any scientific theories that science sticks to that you think are wrong??? any??
Not that I can think of.

F

Moves
11 Jun 14

The main problem, that I can think of, is the creationists. The rest is real science.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
The main problem, that I can think of, is the creationists. The rest is real science.
Are you forgetting this is the Spirituality Forum?

F

Moves
11 Jun 14

What about it?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
11 Jun 14

Well the thread was started in Science so that is naturally the way the debate went. From a Spirituality forum point of view the question is to what extent does one expect Science and Religion to be consistent with one another? There is no particular incompatibility that I can think of unless one insists on taking the Bible literally.

In the following I'm going to make the assumption that if God exists he hasn't gone to great lengths to hide how the universe was created. I'm also assuming that if there was a historical Jesus and he was the Son of God then universal physical laws had the status of guidelines while he was around, and that God did nothing to hide the evidence of them from us.

I think that there is no particular problem from that point of view with the New Testament. The miracles were of local scope, so we wouldn't expect to be able to verify them now - since there is no chance of direct observational evidence.

The creation story and the Flood are different. We have good evidence that this is not how the universe started or how humans came into being, and we have good evidence that there was no worldwide flood on that scale at any point in geological history. So there is a contradiction between the first few chapters of Genesis and what we know about Science. For most Christians this isn't a great problem since it is the New Testament that is the important bit.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
Well the thread was started in Science so that is naturally the way the debate went. From a Spirituality forum point of view the question is to what extent does one expect Science and Religion to be consistent with one another? There is no particular incompatibility that I can think of unless one insists on taking the Bible literally.

In the ...[text shortened]... t Christians this isn't a great problem since it is the New Testament that is the important bit.
Some parts of the Holy Bible are to be taken literally and some are not. It takes wisdom to determine which.

ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME.

There is no way for us to observe past miracles as they happened, but we can observe evidence of their occurrence and some people have as I point out in my thread about the supernatural.

I believe there is good evidence for both the creation and the worldwide flood. The New Testament is important to all Christians because it provides a way to be saved from the punishment of death and wrath of God for sins that occurred in Genesis.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jun 14

Some parts of the Holy Bible are to be taken literally and some are not. It takes wisdom to determine which.

There is no way for us to observe past miracles as they happened, but we can observe evidence of their occurrence and some people have as I point out in my thread about the supernatural.

I believe there i ...[text shortened]... way to be saved from the punishment of death and wrath of God for sins that occurred in Genesis.
In other words, you cherry pick the bible. That is good to know.

F

Moves
12 Jun 14

These kind of words from you, RJH, shows that your Alzheimer regression has taken you far back. Do you really think this is wisdom? Is it really words from a genius?

Just childish if you ask me...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jun 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
These kind of words from you, RJH, shows that your Alzheimer regression has taken you far back. Do you really think this is wisdom? Is it really words from a genius?

Just childish if you ask me...
That's all he has in the way of snappy comebacks.