1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 13:521 edit
    Saved from sin, and just being saved from the penalty of sin?
    The end result, you freed from sin walking after God's Spirit, or you are fooling yourself in sin.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 13:59
    There are two types of sinners.

There are those who know what they do is sin and are remorseful and try to not sin.

There are those who do not see their actions as sin at all.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Saved from sin, and just being saved from the penalty of sin?
    The end result, you freed from sin walking after God's Spirit, or you are fooling yourself in sin.
    God created us.

If we sin, it is God given.

Don't let Bible tales fool you on this.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:31
    Originally posted by @eladar

There are those who know what they do is sin and are remorseful and try to not sin.

Both are sinners, types don't change anything.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:32
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    God created us.

If we sin, it is God given.

Don't let Bible tales fool you on this.
    So you are more important than the Bible?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:38
    Both are sinners, types don't change anything.
    Then you do not know the gospel.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:40

What kind of a sinner are you, eladar?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    What kind of a sinner are you, eladar?
    One that knows what sin is.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:44
    One that knows what sin is.
    So you belong to "those who know what they do is sin", right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:48
    "Sin" is something that exists only in the imagination of superstitious people. But if it helps superstitious people to act in a morally sound way, then that's welcome.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:50
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    So you belong to "those who know what they do is sin", right?
    Eveything I do? No that is not what I meant.

Read this if you have eyes to see.

What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”[b] 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:57
    [b]Then you do not know the gospel.[/ b]
    The penalty of sin is what for each type?

The penalty of sin is death, not death for those sins, and something else for these sins.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 14:58
    Eveything I do? No that is not what I meant.

Read this if you have eyes to see.

What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”[b] 8 But sin, seizing the opportunit ...[text shortened]... myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.
    Saved sinners are sinners who are saved.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 15:00
    Saved sinners are sinners who are saved.
    Those who are saved agree with God as to what is right, but still sin due to existing in our sinful state.

This is the Gospel message which I quoted.

You are free to reject it.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 15:32
    Those who are saved agree with God as to what is right, but still sin due to existing in our sinful state.

This is the Gospel message which I quoted.

You are free to reject it.
    Great. So even gentiles, who adhere to their conscience where God's law is written, but still occasionally sin, are also saved.

I can sleep soundly tonight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree