1. Not Kansas
    Moves
    29 May '05 19:32
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes, you do reject what I have to say, but you are truly rejecting Christ and the word of God.

If someone doesn't know the truth how can they call opon Jesus.
    Romans 10:14-15.
    You reduce your god to a cipher ie Saved, yes or no?
    Too simple, too childish in view of the staggering majesty of the real world, from the subtle quantum mechanics to the natural harmony of evolution.
    But, rave on if it makes you feel better.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 May '05 19:50
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    You reduce your god to a cipher ie Saved, yes or no?
    Too simple, too childish in view of the staggering majesty of the real world, from the subtle quantum mechanics to the natural harmony of evolution.
    But, rave on if it makes you feel better.
    Yes, praise God that Salvation is to good to be true through Jesus Christ alone John 14:6; Acts 4:12.

Praise God that I do not have to work my way to heaven.
    I do works out of thanks for my salvation sence I already have it.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    29 May '05 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes, praise God that Salvation is to good to be true through Jesus Christ alone John 14:6; Acts 4:12.

Praise God that I do not have to work my way to heaven.
    I do works out of thanks for my salvation sence I already have it.
    Yeah right RB

16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that
    believeth not shall be damned.
    16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;
    In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall
    recover.

edit BTW sorry about the Mark 15 lead the correct one is 16

4. The sky
    Moves
    29 May '05 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    For what benefit is it for a person to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his life? There is no reason to risk burning in hell (because they think it's more important to help others than save themselves?)! Christians should not be as ...[text shortened]... with himself, and he cared for others' well being and salvation.
    Why should my salvation be more important than other people's wellbeing? As I see it, there are many people out there who need help, and there is a lot I can do to help them (I don't always help as much as I could, as I am not perfect, but I am trying). If the Christian god exists, he certainly doesn't need my help. He might enjoy getting praised and glorified, but he certainly doesn't *need* that either. So I'd rather do something useful. When I die, there are three main possibilities:

1. (Starting with the one which I believe to be most unlikely: ) You are right - the Christian god exists and will send me to hell because I didn't worship him (or even believe in him). That would be a god with very strange priorities, and definitely not a god I would like to worship. The main purpose of existence in heaven seems to be to praise god. I wouldn't want to praise that god, so I'd rather be a martyr in hell.

2. The Christian god exists, but you are wrong, and he is actually not the monster you make him. In that case I would probably go to heaven, and maybe it wouldn't even be so bad. Or he would have some other solution for me, maybe some punishment for not always having done my best, but a god who is not evil wouldn't use eternal torture on anyone.

3. The Christian god doesn't exist. I might just cease to exist (which is what I believe to be most likely), or there might be something else. In case there were different outcomes for different lifestyles, it would be more likely that I would be rewarded for good works than for worshipping a non-existent god.

Anyway, as I have said before, I don't help people in order to get a reward. Let me borrow Telerion's words: "My goodwill comes from an empathy for humanity, not from a selfish interest in future payoffs."
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 May '05 13:17
    Originally posted by Cog
    Religion is the antithesis of rationality. Either you're looking for truth or comfort.
    In saying "there is no God", do you know everything there is to know?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree