There is no God !!!

There is no God !!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
15 Jan 06

Originally posted by whodey
I wish you would read my posts!!! Now you have gone and done it. Now I sound llike you. Just kidding. I did give you a web site eartlier that explained the descepency. If you need me to give it to you again I will be more than glad to. The web site contains a little video that is about an hour long on the six days of creation. Let me know what you think.
Please. I promise I'll watch it too...

S

Moves
16 Jan 06

I wish you would read my posts!!! Now you have gone and done it. Now I sound like you. Just kidding. I did give you a web site eartlier that explained the descepency. If you need me to give it to you again I will be more than glad to. The web site contains a little video that is about an hour long on the six days of creation. Let me know what you think.
How long did it take God to think about making time ?

w

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by STANG
How long did it take God to think about making time ?
I explained this in my previous post. Time is used in the demension we presetnly live in and was initiated with the Big Bang. God, however, is a spiritual being and not relegated to the material demension we currently preside in and did not come from one. Whether or not you believe in God, you must conclude that the Big Bang is when time began. Without physical matter the 4 demensions in which we live are meaningless. Unfortunatly, we only have a concept of the 4 demensions in which we live. Anything else is alien to us. If you do not believe in God, the problem arises concerning energy. Energy is eternal. It cannot be created or destroyed. How can something eternal exist in a demension that is not. Time by its very definition demands a begining. The only conclusion can be that the energy released in the Big Bang was in a differnt form in which we have no conception of. In our current universe, we can relate to this only because energy is observed in a variety of different forms.

Vn

Moves
16 Jan 06

As Socrates said (according to Plato)...metaphysical discourse is pointless because you will never know the answers until you die, so why waste time searching for them whilst you're alive...........

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Jan 06

I explained this in my previous post. Time is used in the demension we presetnly live in and was initiated with the Big Bang. God, however, is a spiritual being and not relegated to the material demension we currently preside in and did not come from one. Whether or not you believe in God, you must conclude that the Big Bang is when time began. Without p ...[text shortened]... universe, we can relate to this only because energy is observed in a variety of different forms.
Indeed whodey,

I've tried to point out many times that time is a property of the universe in which we live, and therefore questions about 'before the big bang' are invalid, because before didn't exist! However, I don't know that this in any way 'proves' the existance of god. That's just stretching the interpretation of the data too far. Feel free to believe it if you wish, but it just doesn't make scientific sense.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Indeed whodey,

I've tried to point out many times that time is a property of the universe in which we live, and therefore questions about 'before the big bang' are invalid, because before didn't exist! However, I don't know that this in any way 'proves' the existance of god. That's just stretching the interpretation of the data too far. Feel free to believe it if you wish, but it just doesn't make scientific sense.
Feel free to believe it if you wish, but it just doesn't make scientific sense.

It's not meant to make 'scientific sense'. Science is closed-minded -- remember? The natural sciences (which is what I assume you were referring to by 'scientific'😉 exclude the supernatural by default. You are limiting your beliefs to what makes scientific sense... good for you... there are just some of us who try and be more adventurous and open-minded about our existence.

w

Moves
16 Jan 06

Indeed whodey,

I did not mean to prove the existence of God by my answer. What I was doing was giving you my creationist view of how it all began. I was merely pointing out that just because you believe in creationism does not mean that you divorce yourself from science altogether. I am not against science. What I am against are some of the interpretations and conclusions drawn from its data.

By the way, have you had time to look at the video on the 6 days of creation? I was wondering what the evolutionist perspective is about his views.

w

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
As Socrates said (according to Plato)...metaphysical discourse is pointless because you will never know the answers until you die, so why waste time searching for them whilst you're alive...........
Then what is the point of living? We are all searching for the truth or at least should be. I have uncovered many truths from my own faith. Problem is that when you die you have no more time in finding the truth. If you do not believe in God then you die and will never find the truth. If you do believe in God and reject the truth then it will be to late and be cut off forever from the truth.

P

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by STANG
The car of a family of 7 ran out of fuel this week. A woman driving by stopped to talk to them and then drove with her son to fetch some fuel. Upon her return, the car still wouldn't start. She drove her car closer to help jump start it. In front of the family of 7, a truck came up the road and slammed into her car, killing her and her son.

There is no God.
Oh grow up!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]Feel free to believe it if you wish, but it just doesn't make scientific sense.

It's not meant to make 'scientific sense'. Science is closed-minded -- remember? The natural sciences (which is what I assume you were referring to by 'scientific'😉 exclude the supernatural by default. You are limiting your beliefs to what makes scientific sense... goo ...[text shortened]... e are just some of us who try and be more adventurous and open-minded about our existence.[/b]
I think we need to reintroduce Muffy and the super-supernatural. That's the problem with your religion, Hal. It's close-minded. It only allows the natural and supernatural, but not the super-supernatural.

Don't confuse make-believe for brave inquiry, nor the absurd for the profound.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Jan 06

[b]Feel free to believe it if you wish, but it just doesn't make scientific sense.

It's not meant to make 'scientific sense'. Science is closed-minded -- remember? The natural sciences (which is what I assume you were referring to by 'scientific'😉 exclude the supernatural by default. You are limiting your beliefs to what makes scientific sense... goo ...[text shortened]... e are just some of us who try and be more adventurous and open-minded about our existence.[/b]
If your definition of 'open minded' is using your imagination, and believing everything you read in a book written a couple of hundred years after the events it describes then yes, science is closed minded, since it only takes into account that which is real and can be verified.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Jan 06

Then what is the point of living? We are all searching for the truth or at least should be. I have uncovered many truths from my own faith. Problem is that when you die you have no more time in finding the truth. If you do not believe in God then you die and will never find the truth. If you do believe in God and reject the truth then it will be to late and be cut off forever from the truth.
Personally without god, I live because I feel there is more fun to be had this way than dying. Also, if I can make the world a slightly better place by the use of my brain then that's worth it too. Although, of course, if you ask RBHILL my attempts to improve the environment etc are in vain since I don't have a relationship with the LORD!!! [sniggers (at RBHILL)]

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by telerion
I think we need to reintroduce Muffy and the super-supernatural. That's the problem with your religion, Hal. It's close-minded. It only allows the natural and supernatural, but not the super-supernatural.

Don't confuse make-believe for brave inquiry, nor the absurd for the profound.
You win. 😀😛

Aside: I wish Muffy would send us a prophet - or a holy book. It would make it just that little more easier to believe in her. Are the pastafarians a misled (or misinformed) cult of Muffy?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Jan 06

If your definition of 'open minded' is using your imagination, and believing everything you read in a book written a couple of hundred years after the events it describes then yes, science is closed minded, since it only takes into account that which is real and can be verified.
Err.. no. Science defines what is real and excludes everything that doesn't fit the definition -- closed minded and now circular reasoning. 😀😛

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Jan 06

Err.. no. Science defines what is real and excludes everything that doesn't fit the definition -- closed minded and now circular reasoning. 😀😛
Well, I tend to believe in the definition that something with no mass or energy does not exist.

What definition do YOU use?