1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 18:26
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well, I tend to believe in the definition that something with no mass or energy does not exist.

What definition do YOU use?
    Now a universal negative! There is nothing that has no mass or energy?! Prove it.

Everything must have mass or energy? That would only be true for matter and energy... wait a minute... science claims that there is nothing but matter and energy... and matter has mass, ergo if something doesn't have mass or energy then it doesn't exist. Yep, still circular reasoning.

Personally, I haven't yet seen "nothing"... 😉
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 18:48
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Now a universal negative! There is nothing that has no mass or energy?! Prove it.

Everything must have mass or energy? That would only be true for matter and energy... wait a minute... science claims that there is nothing but matter and energy... and matter has mass, ergo if something doesn't have mass or energy then it doesn't exist. Yep, still circular reasoning.

Personally, I haven't yet seen "nothing"... 😉
    How can I prove that 'nothing' doesn't exist? Talk sense man.

Do you believe that even in a complete vacuum things exist? How DO you manage to differentiate between things in your universe? I'm NEVER getting in a car with you!
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 19:01

Do you believe that even in a complete vacuum things exist? How DO you manage to differentiate between things in your universe? I'm NEVER getting in a car with you!
    lol... ahem... cough.

My point exactly.

Snigger... Sorryyyyy... I'm not expressing myself to perfection today. It wasn't my intention to imply at all that there cannot be a state of nothingness. All I'm saying is that there may be more to our existence than the currently observable matter and energy -- something neither of us are in the position of proving, but I'm sure keeping that option open.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 20:07
    lol... ahem... cough.

[b]How can I prove that 'nothing' doesn't exist? Talk sense man.

My point exactly.

Snigger... Sorryyyyy... I'm not expressing myself to perfectio ...[text shortened]... ing neither of us are in the position of proving, but I'm sure keeping that option open.[/b]
    And if it were provable (or even testable) I'd happily accept it. Without any evidence however I'm not going to rely on it.
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 20:09
    And if it were provable (or even testable) I'd happily accept it. Without any evidence however I'm not going to rely on it.
    Sure, same here -- I rely heavily on science, but I definitely don't make it my yardstick when it comes to spiritual matters.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 20:24
    Sure, same here -- I rely heavily on science, but I definitely don't make it my yardstick when it comes to spiritual matters.
    Fine a contented psycic then (happy medium)
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 20:32
    Fine a contented psycic then (happy medium)
    Lol. Would this include Amsterdam coffee shop brownies?
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 20:34
    Lol. Would this include Amsterdam coffee shop brownies?
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know... But, you know me, whatever makes you happy....
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 11:23
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know... But, you know me, whatever makes you happy....
    There is no God !!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree