1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 12:59
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Let me try again. Look at your words of yours hat I have quoted above. Why are you comparing marriage to someone you love to the love of or for your god figure? What does it matter if one "pales in comparison" to the other? Why does there only have to be one and not the other?
    My initial post was to GoD about marriage in heaven and an article I read that I thought was interesting. I followed up with an example of God's love towards us (from the scriptures) and how it should be in a marriage between a man and a women on earth, because there is no marriage in heaven according to the bible.

Now, I have asked you a few questions and unless you are willing to answer them for me, I am afraid feeding time is over.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:05
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    My initial post was to GoD about marriage in heaven and an article I read that I thought was interesting. I followed up with an example of God's love towards us (from the scriptures) and how it should be in a marriage between a man and a women on earth, because there is no marriage in heaven according to the bible.
    Why won't you address my question, which is about your notion of heaven and the effect it has on one of the most profound aspects of our personhood, our marriage?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:08
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    ...there is no marriage in heaven according to the bible.
    Why not? What is it about the nature of heaven, in your mind, that makes it 'right' or 'makes sense' for marriages to be in some way destroyed or erased?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 01:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Why not? What is it about the nature of heaven, in your mind, that makes it 'right' or 'makes sense' for marriages to be in some way destroyed or erased?
    Why not you ask? Because Jesus said so.

Obviously though, since you accept no other authority other than your own, because Jesus said so has no bearing on your belief system. The fact that you should question the very words of God, relegating them to merely the words of men, postures you above Jesus.

Jesus had words for those who assume an authority above the word of God.

Besides, unless you are born again the whole matter of things spiritual escapes your understanding.

Gibberish right?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 02:16
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Why not you ask? Because Jesus said so.
    That is not an answer. I am asking what it is about your notion of heaven that it destroys that part of human personhood that is embodied in marriage. I am not asking what Jesus said or what Paul said or what somebody in the Old Testament said, or what somebody in a magazine article said, so 'because so-and-so said so' is a dodge. I am asking you to share your concept of heaven and explain why you believe it destroys such an essential part of a human's individuality and identity [assuming, of course that you agree with leunammi's take on it].
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 02:20
    Obviously though, since you accept no other authority other than your own, because Jesus said so has no bearing on your belief system.
    I am not asking you to cite some "authority" you happen to believe in, and, as I said "because Jesus said so" is not an answer to my question; it's a dodge. I am instead asking you to describe and explain - the reasoning, the process, the cause, the effect, the consequence. I am asking you about your concept of heaven, and how and why it would make marriage cease to exist: "because Jesus said so" is not an answer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 02:26
    ...unless you are born again the whole matter of things spiritual escapes your understanding.
    Unless you can explain it, one can only assume that you yourself don't have a coherent understanding of it.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 03:05
    Put the fighter jet down.

Really short, and funny, and sad.
    YouTube
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 16:12
    Originally posted by @apathist
    True or False: christians hate other christians more than they hate atheists.
    American Christians?
    They hate blacks even more
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 16:19
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Just following the logic of your position, or are you of the belief that unborn children are not humans.
    u gottsa to be born to be alive, otherwise you're just symbiote
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 16:23
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Good, good.

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. 🙂
    U one schizophrenic girl!!
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 16:24
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'm of the belief that you have a deplorable view of humanity.
    You and over half the forum
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 16:30
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Since the bible and the Abrahamic religions are all 100% man made with no deity involved, all this crap about hell, heaven, sin and such is just that, crap. It is up to humans to decide what is moral and such. That's all it EVER was.
    Besides that a loving god would let crap like that slide ...
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 17:09
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    u gottsa to be born to be alive, otherwise you're just symbiote
    Are people on life support alive?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 18:05
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Are people on life support alive?
    Of course,.....but they were also born.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree