This forum is a joke

This forum is a joke

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Spirituality is NOT about a god with such an inferiority complex it needs constant stroking from humans. Spirituality is or should be, about the spiritual growth of each and every human on the planet with no reference needed to ANY religion.

True spirituality is way above any human intellectual pollution of organized religions.

But of course you will have a bunch of bible verses to 'prove' I am wrong.
Would you say your opinion on what spirituality should or should not be is the only correct one ?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Would you say your opinion on what spirituality should or should not be is the only correct one ?
Of course it is not the ONLY one but I would fight to keep organized religions out of it. There should be 1 religion per person on the planet not this heirarchy bullshyte going on now. A real deity would have zero problem speaking to each human and for that matter each high intelligence on the planet like dolphins, get them involved too. Humans would never in a million years accept dolphins as anywhere close to human spirituality.

But that never happens and that probably is due to the idea we are at best quarunteened from the rest of the universe because we are so warlike, not deserving a place at the table.

Show me otherwise. Try it without using the bible.

Moves
29 Jun 17
3 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Of course it is not the ONLY one but I would fight to keep organized religions out of it. There should be 1 religion per person on the planet not this heirarchy bullshyte going on now. A real deity would have zero problem speaking to each human and for that matter each high intelligence on the planet like dolphins, get them involved too. Humans would never ...[text shortened]... like, not deserving a place at the table.

Show me otherwise. Try it without using the bible.
What is truth? Try answering it without using a Bible.

This is what I believe to be the truth:

Outside of death and resurrection of Jesus Christ I see no other hope for humanity.

You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free.

What do you believe to be the truth? Give it your best shot.

T

Moves
29 Jun 17
4 edits

What is truth? Try answering it without using a Bible.

This is what I believe to be the truth:

Outside of death and resurrection of Jesus Christ I see no other hope for humanity.

What do you believe to be the truth? Give it your best shot.

The truth is that Jesus saw things differently:
John 8
"34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
" 31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
"36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
" 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

According to Jesus, it's not about the "death and resurrection of Jesus Christ".
According to Jesus, it's about abiding in and keeping His word and no longer committing sin.

But then, why would anyone possibly listen to what Jesus had to say about "You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free"? Other than the fact that He's the one who said it and explained what He meant by it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Outside of death and resurrection of Jesus Christ I see no other hope for humanity.

[quote]John 8
"34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
" 31 ...If you abide in My word, t ...[text shortened]... you free"? Other than the fact that He's the one who said it and explained what He meant by it.[/b]
Try telling it to the atheists, hypocrite.

Ever notice how they keep giving you the pass? All you can do is criticize Christians, because you're a phony.

Moves
29 Jun 17
3 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Outside of death and resurrection of Jesus Christ I see no other hope for humanity.

[quote]John 8
" 31 ...If you abide in My word, t ...[text shortened]... you free"? Other than the fact that He's the one who said it and explained what He meant by it.[/b]
And the truth is you don't even seem to have a rudimentary understanding of scripture. If Jesus did not die to deliver us from the power and condemnation of sin, then why did He die? What was the purpose of his death and resurrection? Have you read any of the Bible apart from the same passage you keep quoting over and over?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jun 17

Originally posted by josephw
Try telling it to the atheists, hypocrite.

Ever notice how they keep giving you the pass? All you can do is criticize Christians, because you're a phony.
Which part of John 8 do you disagree with?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jun 17
1 edit

And the truth is you don't even seem to have even a rudimentary understanding of scripture. If Jesus did not die to deliver us from the power and condemnation of sin, then why did He die? What was the purpose of his death and resurrection? Have you read any of the Bible apart from the same passage you keep quoting over and over?
Two 'evens' in your first sentence.

You don't seem to have a rudimentary understanding of grammar.

Moves
29 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Which part of John 8 do you disagree with?
I smell a rat. Whenever Think of One is questioned and he has no answer Ghost responds with a red herring.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jun 17

I smell a rat. Whenever Think of One is questioned and he has no answer Ghost responds with a red herring.
Thankfully i'm a psychiatrist. I can help you with your smelling of rats and red herrings.

Moves
29 Jun 17

Thankfully i'm a psychiatrist. I can help you with your smelling of rats and red herrings.
I can Think of One reason why you would respond whenever TOE is questioned.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jun 17

I can Think of One reason why you would respond whenever TOE is questioned.
Psst, forum reminder. You're the only cad with multiple accounts. 🙄

Moves
29 Jun 17

Psst, forum reminder. You're the only cad with multiple accounts. 🙄
Whatever you say TOE.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jun 17

Whatever you say TOE.
Pitiful.

😞

Moves
29 Jun 17
1 edit

Pitiful.

😞
Do you agree with TOE? Does John 8 address why Jesus died?