Those wacky Episcopalians

Those wacky Episcopalians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

Which wing will win? The progressive wing, which likes their bishops gay, or the medieval wing, which does not? My money's on the progressive wing, as any sensible person can see that the pro-gay faction is the wave of the future. The whole thing mirrors the former controversy over inter-racial marriage - formerly shunned, but now almost universally accepted. There will come a time when all Episcopalians will be in favor of gay bishops, and they will undoubtedly claim they always had been. In fact, they'll probably claim it was the Episcopalian Church which was on the forefront of social change in this regard.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Which wing will win? The progressive wing, which likes their bishops gay, or the medieval wing, which does not? My money's on the progressive wing, as any sensible person can see that the pro-gay faction is the wave of the future. The whole thing mirrors the former controversy over inter-racial marriage - formerly shunned, but now almost universally accepte ...[text shortened]... aim it was the Episcopalian Church which was on the forefront of social change in this regard.
I like Episcopalians. As denominations go, they are very tolerant and accepting. They are like all denominations in that there will always be these old blue-haired ladies who will resist change. I especially like their attention to good sacred music.

l

London

Moves
20 Dec 06

Which wing will win? The progressive wing, which likes their bishops gay, or the medieval wing, which does not? My money's on the progressive wing, as any sensible person can see that the pro-gay faction is the wave of the future. The whole thing mirrors the former controversy over inter-racial marriage - formerly shunned, but now almost universally accepte ...[text shortened]... aim it was the Episcopalian Church which was on the forefront of social change in this regard.
The "progressive" wing will contracept and abort itself out of existence, leaving the "stewardship of the earth" to the Muslims.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Dec 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
The "progressive" wing will contracept and abort itself out of existence, leaving the "stewardship of the earth" to the Muslims.
So the proper duty of Christians would be to spawn as many soldiers for Christ as they can to combat the heathens in the coming crusade? Does the higher birth rate in the Muslim world cause you many sleepless nights?

l

London

Moves
20 Dec 06

So the proper duty of Christians would be to spawn as many soldiers for Christ as they can to combat the heathens in the coming crusade? Does the higher birth rate in the Muslim world cause you many sleepless nights?
No and no.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Dec 06

No and no.
So your previous post was much ado about nothing?

l

London

Moves
20 Dec 06

So your previous post was much ado about nothing?
No, it wasn't. Your questions (particularly the first one) were poorly phrased, that's all.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Dec 06

No, it wasn't. Your questions (particularly the first one) were poorly phrased, that's all.
My questions were poorly phrased and your answers were incomprehensible. Seems par for the course.

l

London

Moves
20 Dec 06
1 edit

My questions were poorly phrased and your answers were incomprehensible. Seems par for the course.
How is 'no' incomprehensible to you?

EDIT: For the sake of moving the discussion along, I'll offer you a clue. What's the difference between the following pair of questions:

1. Is it the civic duty of citizens in a democracy to vote in national elections?
2. Is it the civic duty of citizens in a democracy to vote in national elections so that right-wing extremists can come to power?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 06

Why not claim they'll all become gay and fail to procreate at all? It makes about as much sense (i.e. none) as the above statement.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
21 Dec 06

You could have defended this statement as a nice piece of sarcasm.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
21 Dec 06

Instead, you just made yourself look silly.

l

London

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Instead, you just made yourself look silly.
"No and no" makes me look silly?

Your shotgun comments make me wonder whether you've read a word of what I've actually posted in this thread.

l

London

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Why not claim they'll all become gay and fail to procreate at all?
Because gays are born that way, didn't you know? Claiming that they'll all become gay would make as much sense as claiming they'll all become black, wouldn't it?

Abortion and contraception, on the other hand, are choices (after all, it's called the pro-choice movement) made in line with one's ideology or worldview.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
21 Dec 06

"No and no" makes me look silly?
Uh, no, Mr Balkans 2006, no.