1. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 01:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes in retrospect i can see what you mean, you're comment afterward was really telling, but probably too subtle for the uninitiated like me! oh great and illustrious Bobby, did you sacrifice your life for nothing? is it not about honesty, and truth, free from hypocrisy!πŸ˜•
    which island are you referring to that is your place of residence?
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 05:53
    oh beetle it is no good, his posts were excellent and his thoughts very welcome, perhaps he said something out of turn, who knows, but its no good, for i thought his suggestions reflected real experience and a love of chess, especially his book suggestions, i bought one or two on the strength of his recommendations, very sad, very sad indeed!:'(
    YesπŸ™
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 11:44
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    which island are you referring to that is your place of residence?
    i wish i was in Virginia, or Athens or Brisbane or Cyprus or somewhere awesome in Eastern Europe, you know somewhere near the Black sea where they got real bread from the oven, and real wine from the vineyard and cheese so stinky you would hardly dare to eat it! and where the women are six feet two and could lift you up and snap you in two, instead im stuck in Glasgow, where the girls kind of radiate this orange glow from their fake bake sun tans and the only good thing is that its not Edinburgh, oh man....
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 18:47
    i wish i was in Virginia, or Athens or Brisbane or Cyprus or somewhere awesome in Eastern Europe, you know somewhere near the Black sea where they got real bread from the oven, and real wine from the vineyard and cheese so stinky you would hardly dare to eat it! and where the women are six feet two and could lift you up and snap you in two, instead i ...[text shortened]... glow from their fake bake sun tans and the only good thing is that its not Edinburgh, oh man....
    but, but, you have Susan Boyle, now

congrats on that, mate

😡
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 20:57
    Originally posted by black beetle
    We live in the same world but we see this world differently, and this is fine with meπŸ™‚

The Athenians remained quite indifferent. You are just not aware of their reactions when they were really "amazed", "bewildered" or "perplexed"😡
    However the Athenians ended up is irrelevant to the point. The fact remains, they were amazed at the content of Paul's speeches, i.e., Christ and His resurrection.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree