1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 14:40
    What do you think was the most significant event in human history? Unquestionably, the greatest event was the faint sound of a heartbeat in a cold and lifeless body in a tomb, two thousand years ago. The sound of blood rushing through the heart of Jesus of Nazareth was a sound that will thunder throughout eternity, because of its incredible implications.

The fact that God raised someone from the dead is not really significant. He raised the dead a number of times both in the Old and New Testaments. But this resurrection had enormous lawful repercussions. It was evidence that the Judge of the universe had acknowledged that the payment for our sins was acceptable. It was the key that unlocked the door to immortality for humanity.

Here's another question for you. What is the most precious substance in the universe? It was unquestionably the blood of Jesus Christ. Nothing else could redeem us from the just curse of God's Law. When eternal justice called for our blood, Jesus gave His blood to atone for our crimes. We were not redeemed with silver and gold...but with the precious blood of Christ.

Many Jews had been crucified as criminals by the Roman cross. All suffered unspeakable pain. But this Jew's suffering was different because He was the Lamb of God, whose blood did not contain the taint of sin carried by the lineage of Adam. He was truly the Lamb of God.

These are wonderful biblical truths that Christians know and rejoice in. But, this Easter, millions of both Jews and Gentiles will celebrate biblical events that they don't fully understand. For one or two holy days they will give God thanks for His mercy and for the Passover lamb. Christians celebrate Easter and the resurrection of the Passover Lamb every day of the year.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 22:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What do you think was the most significant event in human history? Unquestionably, the greatest event was the faint sound of a heartbeat in a cold and lifeless body in a tomb, two thousand years ago. The sound of blood rushing through the heart of Jesus of Nazareth was a sound that will thunder throughout eternity, because of its incredible implications.

...[text shortened]... Christians celebrate Easter and the resurrection of the Passover Lamb every day of the year.
    RB, what are your thoughts about Jesus being able to pass through solid objects and also having a body capable of representing matter as when he asked Thomas to touch his wounds?
  3. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 22:34
    Thank you Jesus🙂
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 23:10
    without the ressurection Christianity is pointless
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 01:19
    Indeed the Resurrection is the most astounding event in human history and the central theme of hope, life and goodness of God. A kindly priest explained to me why the Resurrection was more important than the virgin birth. at the time it baffled me since I thought one impossible without the other when the true impossible for the Resurrection is the absence of the death of Christ. The 13th century poem "Stabat Mater" beautifully explains the death of Christ through the eyes of Mary and her deepest empathy for her son yet at the same time underlines His greater suffering. Listening to a good setting of the Stabat Mater to music is quite moving. I highly recommend Bocherini's setting of the text to music. Devotional classical music opens a different window for us into the death of our Lord.
  6. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 01:35
    The most significant event in history (which I have seen with my own eyes) is an African American winning the Presidency. I wasn't here 2000 years ago to see this resurrection your talking about.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:01
    Originally posted by duecer
    Even WITH the rESSURECTION it is pointless.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:04
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Indeed the Resurrection is the most astounding event in human history and the central theme of hope, life and goodness of God. A kindly priest explained to me why the Resurrection was more important than the virgin birth. at the time it baffled me since I thought one impossible without the other when the true impossible for the Resurrection is the abse ...[text shortened]... music. Devotional classical music opens a different window for us into the death of our Lord.
    I dare you to read 'Jesus Lived in India". It refutes the entire resurrection thing. Like getting lathered in Aloe, which is not an embalming fluid but one which you put on somebody you think alive. The whole resurrection idea was stolen from Horus from ancient Egypt anyway. Horus's story is almost exactly the same as Jesus.
  9. Break-twitching
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:23
    Originally posted by duecer
    And........what's your point?
  10. Break-twitching
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I dare you to read 'Jesus Lived in India". It refutes the entire resurrection thing. Like getting lathered in Aloe, which is not an embalming fluid but one which you put on somebody you think alive. The whole resurrection idea was stolen from Horus from ancient Egypt anyway. Horus's story is almost exactly the same as Jesus.
    LOL.....Jesus lived in India????...LOL...what Yogi told you this?
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:25
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    And........what's your point?
    I believe I made it.
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Even WITH the rESSURECTION it is pointless.
    why?
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:28
    Originally posted by MrMartin
    The most significant event in history (which I have seen with my own eyes) is an African American winning the Presidency. I wasn't here 2000 years ago to see this resurrection your talking about.
    I think you will see with your own eyes an even more significant event when you witness O'bama piss away everything it took America 200 years to build. Don't blink...you may miss it!
  14. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 02:30
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 03:11
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    LOL.....Jesus lived in India????...LOL...what Yogi told you this?
    Read the book. Look it up, actually read something besides your vaunted bible. It turns out some stories are actually just made up by men who want to continue their power trip. You should also read about Horus and Osiris of ancient Egypt and see the similarities in the Jesus myth and the ancient gods there. Christianity is a paved over recreation of a much earlier myth including the famous 7 days of creation, which I saw in the Cairo museum (a wonderful place BTW) which dated to about 2000 BC.
    The main thesis of the book is JC did not die on the cross, but was paid by people to cut him down a lot earlier and to NOT break his legs like the Roman's used to do, taken off the cross a bit worse for ware but still alive, hidden out in a cave and Aloe and other HEALING herbs applied and then he magically appeared three days later, no doubt a bit loose on his feet and then took a dive up the Silk Road, where there are mysterious christian churches and monastaries along the route dating back to about 50 AD, and a grave discovered in Pakistan with half moon marks on a carving of feet the grave, which may be the final burial place of Jesus but it is in a war zone and nobody can get to it to verify, also the area is very damp and waterlogged so no body will probably be found inside but the but nobody will know till peace breaks out. The Kashmir area is one of the more dangerous places in the world to be right now and in the past 50 years and probably the next 50 years. It is a MUCH more believable tale than a paved over resurrection myth that was thousands of years old even in the time of Jesus.
    Of course you are paved over so thoroughly with Christianity you wouldn't know the real truth if JC came to you in the Tartus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree