1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 23:26
    Ah right, ps4. Yeah, I think I'll wait about a year (maybe 2) before getting a ps4. Wait till the worst bugs (which always happen with a new machine) have been solved. I bought a ps3 slim which came out some years after the initial ps3 and it's been working almost perfectly for years.

If you want to play specifically the last of us though, I don't think there's a ps4 version in the works.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 23:41
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Ah right, ps4. Yeah, I think I'll wait about a year (maybe 2) before getting a ps4. Wait till the worst bugs (which always happen with a new machine) have been solved. I bought a ps3 slim which came out some years after the initial ps3 and it's been working almost perfectly for years.

If you want to play specifically the last of us though, I don't think there's a ps4 version in the works.
    I need to buy a new TV, any advice?

My needs:
    42" screen
    Good sound built in
    Must have a good picture
    Don't want to pay Loewe prices

Thanks.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 01:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Three Most Critical Decisions You've Made?

1) Believing in the Risen Christ; 2) Choosing Northeastern University in Boston; 3) Proposing to my wife Evelyn.

Yours......[/b]
    To be honest-
    1. Trusting in what Jesus did on the cross on my behalf.
    2. Dumping the liberal arts education.
    3. Stealing my wife away from that abusive guy.

Critical decision making isn't always easy.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 05:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Three Most Critical Decisions You've Made?

1) Believing in the Risen Christ; 2) Choosing Northeastern University in Boston; 3) Proposing to my wife Evelyn.

Yours......[/b]
    Are you fishing for personal info again?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 05:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you looking for good decisions here or do bad decisions also qualify?
    We knew you're not going to give any personal info away tuts, so what's the point in asking?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 07:34
    Originally posted by divegeester

My needs:
    42" screen
    Good sound built in
    Must have a good picture

Thanks.
    LG. There is no such thing as good sound built in. Bose Solo for sound. Your 42 will stand on top.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:48

blimey,the bits of 'the last of us' ive seen looked so good i just assumed it was next gen.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:59
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    3) all that 'ooh when i married my wife' or 'when i proposed to my wife' is nonsense and pails into significance when compared to the first time we bring our significant others to orgasm (for those of us that have, looking at you robbie)...........um, i guess many of you christians had to do the marrying first.
    He said 'critical decisions', not 'critical events'.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 12:031 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    We knew you're not going to give any personal info away tuts, so what's the point in asking?
    Who/what in the world is this 'tuts'? Or do you mean 'toots'?

Learning/not learning how to spell might be a 'critical decision'... it might cause less heartache in future if you could count on being 'understood'.

Oh, and giving/not giving away personal info on the internet could be another. Let's just say that mistake's been done before.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 12:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    He said 'critical decisions', not 'critical events'.
    due to my considerable skills in that department....it was a 'decision' for me and an 'event' for her.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 12:09
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    due to my considerable skills in that department....it was a 'decision' for me and an 'event' for her.
    For too many people, it's also a 'miracle'.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:002 edits

My needs:
    42" screen
    Good sound built in
    Must have a good picture

Thanks.
    Vizio. 'nuff said.

Oh, and get a wide screen (16:9 ratio). You'll thank me.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:09

My needs:
    42" screen
    Good sound built in
    Must have a good picture

Thanks.
    I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Samsung or a Panasonic. Have a Panasonic myself and am very pleased with it. If I had to buy a new tv today I'd be most interested in a Samsung since they seem to be regarded as "the best" (I think) currently.

Agreed though that if you want good sound you have to look beyond your tv. I'd never go for Bose though, since I think you pay at least twice as much for that just because of the name.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I disagree.

for example buying gta5 was one of the best decisions I made, but thats a more superficial answer, no?

Those answers I gave, despite what anyelse may think of them were to me deadly serious and prfoundly life changing
    Yes, I think by 'critical', he means life-changing.

'Buying GTA5' might be a good, or even one of the best, decisions ever made, but hardly 'life-changing'.

There's no doubt one's life could be changed by bad decisions as well.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:16
    I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Samsung or a Panasonic. Have a Panasonic myself and am very pleased with it. If I had to buy a new tv today I'd be most interested in a Samsung since they seem to be regarded as "the best" (I think) currently.

Agreed though that if you want good sound you have to look beyond your tv. I'd never go for Bose though, since I think you pay at least twice as much for that just because of the name.
    Maudio produce amazing audio equipment, I have two Bx8a's through an Maudio sound card and a mixing desk and they blow away anything I have heard.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree