1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:182 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, I think by 'critical', he means life-changing.

'Buying GTA5' might be a good, or even one of the best, decisions ever made, but hardly 'life-changing'.

There's no doubt one's life could be changed by bad decisions as well.
    GTA5 is probably the most overrated game in the history of gaming, the kids were completing it in like less than a few days, even more difficult to respect.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:201 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Samsung or a Panasonic. Have a Panasonic myself and am very pleased with it. If I had to buy a new tv today I'd be most interested in a Samsung since they seem to be regarded as "the best" (I think) currently.

Agreed though that if you want good sound you have to look beyond your tv. I'd never go for Bose though, since I think you pay at least twice as much for that just because of the name.
    I have a Samsung 22" wide-screen monitor on my computer. No problems with it almost 2 years later, but it still irks me when it tries to tell me what the best resolution for a particular application is and I don't want to use that resolution for whatever reason, it keeps insisting it knows better.

TV would be different though. Normally you only go with the highest resolution so no problem there.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Maudio produce amazing audio equipment, I have two Bx8a's through an Maudio sound card and a mixing desk and they blow away anything I have heard.
    Dunno, I've never been very interested in high end audio equipment (any high end equipment for that matter). I have a ~250 euro 5.1 surround system from Philips to which I've attached my cable box for tv sound, ps3 for game and DVD sound and my Ipod for music sound.

Works fine for me but I'm sure an audiophile would end up with bleeding ears after a while.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:23
    I have a Samsung 22" wide-screen monitor on my computer. No problems with it almost 2 years later, but it still irks me when it tries to tell me what the best resolution for a particular application is and I don't want to use that resolution for whatever reason, it keeps insisting it knows better.
    outsmarted by your TV Dee Dee, priceless 😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:251 edit
    Dunno, I've never been very interested in high end audio equipment (any high end equipment for that matter). I have a ~250 euro 5.1 surround system from Philips to which I've attached my cable box for tv sound, ps3 for game and DVD sound and my Ipod for music sound.

Works fine for me but I'm sure an audiophile would end up with bleeding ears after a while.
    If it does what you bought it for, in this instance to give you theatre sound then its good. People go way overboard.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:25
    Lol, you need to tell that monitor who's boss.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:29
    GTA5 is probably the most overrated game in the history of gaming, the kids were completing it in like less than a few days, even more difficult to respect.
    What bollocks! I've played it for about 120 hours and I haven't even used the multiplayer option.

"Less than a few days"... pffff, nonsense! Sometimes you really are the king of BS, Robbie!

I assume you just don't like this game because it is too violent or something...
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:32
    I suspect most people are more likely to spend more time and effort into researching electrical equipment than they are researching spiritual concepts, a sad reflection of the materialistic society in which we find ourselves.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:32
    I know, right? I can't play some games at 1920 x 1080, like Diablo 2, the icons are too small, but it won't shut up that I need to switch to 1920 x 1080.

Sometimes it will, but sometimes it won't and I haven't figured out what I'm doing different when it won't.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:353 edits
    What bollocks! I've played it for about 120 hours and I haven't even used the multiplayer option.

"Less than a few days"... pffff, nonsense! Sometimes you really are the king of BS, Robbie!

I assume you just don't like this game because it is too violent or something...
    a young Korean guy solved story mode in like two days, you can play on-line forever, your point is therefore not only hard to understand but even harder to respect. I didn't like it because its a crap game, Assassins Creed IV was a much better and far more interesting game although online mode is not very good, but at least it was educational. Tell me what you have learned by playing GTA5.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:41
    I know, right? I can't play some games at 1920 x 1080, like Diablo 2, the icons are too small, but it won't shut up that I need to switch to 1920 x 1080.

Sometimes it will, but sometimes it won't and I haven't figured out what I'm doing different when it won't.
    Find a version of this picture http://tiny.cc/g9vu8w the size of your head, print it out and use it as a mask. Should do the trick.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:41
    I suspect most people are more likely to spend more time and effort into researching electrical equipment than they are researching spiritual concepts, a sad reflection of the materialistic society in which we find ourselves.
    And some just accept what people in another part of the country tell them about their spirituality and don't even ask questions when it doesn't make sense. They get told "don't make waves" enough times and they figure maybe they shouldn't. After all, the "faithful and discreet slave" is always right.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:42
    Find a version of this picture http://tiny.cc/g9vu8w the size of your head, print it out and use it as a mask. Should do the trick.
    LOL!!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:44
    And some just accept what people in another part of the country tell them about their spirituality and don't even ask questions when it doesn't make sense. They get told "don't make waves" enough times and they figure maybe they shouldn't. After all, the "faithful and discreet slave" is always right.
    more irrelevancy and unworthy of serious comment.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:45
    a young Korean guy solved story mode in like two days, you can play on-line forever, your point is therefore not only hard to understand but even harder to respect. I didn't like it because its a crap game, Assassins Creed IV was a much better and far more interesting game although online mode is not very good, but at least it was educational. Tell me what you have learned by playing GTA5.
    Playing GTA 5 story mode is a tiny part of the entire GTA game. Anyone who thinks that the most important part of GTA is story mode clearly doesn't understand GTA. I reckon roughly a third of the time I've played GTA was story mode. The rest was "messing around".

What have I learned from GTA 5? Absolutely nothing.

Did I have fun? Sure did!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree