1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '13 17:511 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    e4cris,

Karoly Aczel teaches you that you should not read the Holy Bible.

Ask Karoly Aczel any of the big questions of life and you'll quickly see that this poster does not have a clue.

Why sh/e is here ?
    No clue probably.

Where s/he came from and is the way s/he is ?
    You'll probably get protest about why there should be any reas the morning, start small.
    You'll be a happier person and more enlightened and fulfilled.
    Ask Karoly Aczel any of the big questions of life and you'll quickly see that this poster does not have a clue.

blimey, how condescending. remember just because you have answers doesnt mean they are correct.

Even if you just devote five minutes in the morning, start small.
    You'll be a happier person and more enlightened and fulfilled.

so people who read the bible are happier then people who dont????? is that what you think?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:01
    so people who read the bible are happier then people who dont????? is that what you think?

I think the questioner will be happier because he is seeking to draw close to God.

Of course someone seeking to rid God from their life would be unhappy to read the word of God.

Yet even such a runner awayer as this could learn the Bible can give him much happiness after all.

That was my experience.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:19
    Go on try me.

Sir,

Who really knows [b]you
    best ?[/b]
    Me. And even if there were a God who thought He knew me better, I'd slap him and say "did you know I was going to do that?"

Let's just say I'm all for passing out of karma and who knows who best,and reprecussions,etc.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:21
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]Ask Karoly Aczel any of the big questions of life and you'll quickly see that this poster does not have a clue.

blimey, how condescending. remember just because you have answers doesnt mean they are correct.

Even if you just devote five minutes in the morning, start small.
    You'll be a happier person and more enlightened and fulfille ...[text shortened]...

Really, he wasn't sure if I was a guy or not. Whats the go with that , sonship?
    Bad memory or just cant be bothered paying enough attention to a regular poster for the last 4 years
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:23
    Go on try me.

Sir,

Who really knows [b]you
    best ?[/b]
    Is this really a big question?

I mean no one really cares about me that much, that's for me to take care of.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:24
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I have become more Christian lately, I'm at the point of calling myself Christian. But I am bad at reading the bible. In the past a criticism I've had of Christians is over rating how much knowledge can be gleaned from it. Some seem to treat it like its the only book worth reading, or worse the only book of academic merit, its certainly not that.

For me I ...[text shortened]... e? - or are you supposed to base your faith on scripture?

I'm not sure, your thoughts?
    I'd take the few minutes you wasted writing this OP to read the bible.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:361 edit

The question was not who is going to take care of you.
    The question was who knows you the best.

It was not about responsibility.
    It was about familiarity.

You evaded me.
    You dodged and answered another question you wanted to answer - "Who's job is it to look out after ME?"

Who knows you the best ?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 May '13 18:381 edit

The question was not who is going to take care of you.
    The question was who knows you the best.

It was not about responsibility.
    It was about [b]familiarity

You evaded me.
    You dodged and answer a question yo ...[text shortened]... ed to address - "Who's job is it to look out after ME?"

Who knows you the best ?[/b]
    If you look up the page a bit you will see a sentence with one word in it at the start of a post. It says "ME".

I have evaded nothing and my challenge stands.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 May '13 19:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    'how will you form an evaluation of "God's" personality?'

Are you kidding? Christians of all sorts are trampling over each other to tell you all about "God's" personality,etc. And where did they get their info from?

C'mon, fess up - Christianity is bloody boring.
    staring into that crystal of yours seems to have done you little good.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '13 19:40

I think the questioner will be happier because he is seeking to draw close to God.

Of course someone seeking to rid God from their life would be unhappy to read the word of God.

Yet even such a runner awayer as this could learn the Bible can give him much happiness after all.

That was my experience.
    you know nothing of his life. you have no idea what will make him happy. maybe the guy is suicidal and depressed, desperately seeking something to take away the pain, the arrogance to think you can advise people on what will make them happy is not is not that far removed from the dodgy evangelists who tell naive sick people they are going to cure them with the palm of their hand. maybe the guy needs allah or buddha or oprah, you dont know, you only know which pill did it for you.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '13 19:44
    Really, he wasn't sure if I was a guy or not. Whats the go with that , sonship?
    Bad memory or just cant be bothered paying enough attention to a regular poster for the last 4 years
    dont worry he's done that to me a few times. he used to be really nice and patient in answering my questions and i had a lot of time for him, but i suspect now that he thought i was trying to turn to christ or something, since he's returned from his sabbatical he's been a sassy little s.o.b. almost like he's adopted a new personality to go with his new name.......why the new name jaywill?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:01
    If you look up the page a bit you will see a sentence with one word in it at the start of a post. It says "ME".

I have evaded nothing and my challenge stands.
    I do notice that response now.

It still kind of jumps to conclusions. What you would do if this or that was the case.

And then something about accumulating up karma.

But I'll take one more look.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:072 edits
    since he's returned from his sabbatical he's been a sassy little s.o.b. almost like he's adopted a new personality to go with his new name.......why the new name jaywill?

Your thought that I have any attempt here to be the new improved jaywill is imaginary.

I expected most posters simply to say "There he goes again under a different tag." And I announced more than once that it was jaywill with a new tag. No big secret.

Now once again I'll explain the jaywill aka sonship deal. I had actually left the Forum with a thankful note to the moderators. I said I had fun but felt an addiction here that I thought to terminate. I asked for my tag to be terminated. And they did.

After some period of time I decided to sign up again and simply chose a new name in the signing process. Nothing more was behind it. I seemed to be gone for months, maybe a year. But I am not sure how long it was.

This is not to say I'm perfect and could use no improvement.
    This was just re-signing up with a new name.

I do play chess here with relatives of my family.
    I think I should play you too.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:18
    he's been a sassy little s.o.b.

A couple times people did get on my last nerve. True.

Likely to happen again. I do pray for people that the Lord puts on my heart to pray for.

Never mean to hurt anyone. I'm sorry if I hurt you or anyone with harsh words.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:291 edit

you know nothing of his life. you have no idea what will make him happy. maybe the guy is suicidal and depressed, desperately seeking something to take away the pain, the arrogance to think you can advise people on what will make them happy is not is not that far removed from the dodgy evangelists who tell naive sick people they are going to cure them with the palm of their hand. maybe the guy needs allah or buddha or oprah, you dont know, you only know which pill did it for you.

You have got to be kidding!

Spend time with Jesus and not come away happy ?
    You DO think we're fooling around, don't you ?

You can never sink too low that Jesus is not underneath you.
    When God prepared a Savior He really prepared an all-inclusive, all-approved, totally tested, forged in the furnace of human suffering, refined in the blast furnace of trials Savior.

You cannot sink so low that you cannot find the Lord Jesus mighty hand there to uphold you.

Why did the Father display Him walking on the waves of the sea? Was that just for a neat trick ?

Christ can tread on top of the fierce storm billows of human life - the Great Physician, the Good Shepherd, the ROCK of ages, the firm foundation stone.

You never read the song ?

"On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
    All other ground in sinking sand.
    All other ground is sinking sand."

Those are not just nice sounding words my friend.
    Christ is the solid ROCK.

It is time for you maybe to shed your sunday school concepts of Jesus and come into a deeper realization of this One who is master of human difficulties of every imaginable kind.

Christ untangles KNOTS.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree