1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 23:17
    he told me that i was going to have a good new year and that i had one problem, i was too open hearted. Ironic i thought considering he was asking me many questions besides directions, what if i ignored him, or sent him in the wrong direction. Anyhow he blessed me and went his way. i went away perplexed, what does he mean too open hearted?, is honesty and being candid not a virtuous thing? i tried to be cagey with myself the rest of the day, but it was no good, its not in my nature, maybe if i pretend to be Machiavelli i thought, that would work, but alas it was to no avail.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 23:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he told me that i was going to have a good new year and that i had one problem, i was too open hearted. Ironic i thought considering he was asking me many questions besides directions, what if i ignored him, or sent him in the wrong direction. Anyhow he blessed me and went his way. i went away perplexed, what does he mean too open hearted?, is hon ...[text shortened]... e, maybe if i pretend to be Machiavelli i thought, that would work, but alas it was to no avail.
    I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but I think I have the same issue.

Some times I find myself having said too much about how I feel.

Maybe being open hearted means we have the ability to be thick skinned though.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 23:57
    Originally posted by josephw
    I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but I think I have the same issue.

Some times I find myself having said too much about how I feel.

Maybe being open hearted means we have the ability to be thick skinned though.
    mmm, i think that perhaps you are right. i have known people in my life who were notoriously cagey. it was never a quality that appealed to me.
  4. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 00:05
    mmm, i think that perhaps you are right. i have known people in my life who were notoriously cagey. it was never a quality that appealed to me.
    I'm notoriously cagey. It's not a quality that appeales to me either.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 00:10
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    I'm notoriously cagey. It's not a quality that appeales to me either.
    lol, how very candid of you to publicly admit, your caginess!
  6. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 00:22
    lol, how very candid of you to publicly admit, your caginess!
    Your keen sense of irony has always enthralled me.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 00:27
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Your keen sense of irony has always enthralled me.
    its not a quality that i find very appealing 🙁
  8. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 00:48
    its not a quality that i find very appealing 🙁
    🙂
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 06:331 edit
    he told me that i was going to have a good new year and that i had one problem, i was too open hearted. Ironic i thought considering he was asking me many questions besides directions, what if i ignored him, or sent him in the wrong direction. Anyhow he blessed me and went his way. i went away perplexed, what does he mean too open hearted?, is hon ...[text shortened]... e, maybe if i pretend to be Machiavelli i thought, that would work, but alas it was to no avail.
    I don't think that's what he meant.

The Sikhs that I know are very conservative, maybe more so than Christian conservatives. I think what he meant was to not leave your heart open to anything less than the bedrock foundation; the steadfast, straight line.

This may sound odd to you but I'd be willing to guess that this holy man's perspective was even more conservative than yours, Robbie, and it was from there he was speaking.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 07:55
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

(these smileys are supposed to show laughter. like if you would hear that someone told
    Hitler that he was too kindhearted.)
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I don't think that's what he meant.

The Sikhs that I know are very conservative, maybe more so than Christian conservatives. I think what he meant was to not leave your heart open to anything less than the bedrock foundation; the steadfast, straight line.

This may sound odd to you but I'd be willing to guess that this holy man's perspective was even more conservative than yours, Robbie, and it was from there he was speaking.
    i dunno Baddy, because my wife is Asian, Pakistani Christian in fact, and i can speak Urdu and Punjabi, i think i got a fairly god understanding of what he meant.

There were four persons in his car, and they all held him in some reverence as far as I could tell. Rather Interestingly he qualified his statement by saying, 'you build a house and everyone can see what you are doing', rather strange i thought, considering its hard to hide a house.

But you are correct, many Sikhs are conservative for although you may not think it , caste is still prevalent through this system. thus if you have ever read matrimonial in Asian publications, the emphasis is on Jat Sikhs, i.e. Sikhs with land, or education, for these are considered as a status symbol in which the worthy suitor should also be able to qualify him or herself in. Saying that i had many Sikh friends, for i used to do a lot of work in Indian restaurants where i live and have always found them the most reasonable and liberal of the great Indian religions. The caste system is the curse and sin of India.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 09:16
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

(these smileys are supposed to show laughter. like if you would hear that someone told
    Hitler that he was too kindhearted.)
    flying the Romanian flag Zapansy, i would be rather careful of any references to Herr Hitler if i was you.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 10:56
    flying the Romanian flag Zapansy, i would be rather careful of any references to Herr Hitler if i was you.
    and we are back to the usual totally not offensive, totally objective and to the point manner of "debating".

but at least the post to which i replied was funny enough.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 11:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    and we are back to the usual totally not offensive, totally objective and to the point manner of "debating".

but at least the post to which i replied was funny enough.
    well at least you are talking to me instead of childishly throwing a tantrum as has been your want in the past because you could not circumvent my unassailable logic, perhaps you shall even profit by your new stance, who can tell? If it brings you happiness Zapansy then so be it, for there is sufficient badness in the world without me adding to it. 🙂
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 11:06
    well at least you are talking to me instead of childishly throwing a tantrum as has been your want in the past because you could not circumvent my unassailable logic, perhaps you shall even profit by your new stance, who can tell? If it brings you happiness Zapansy then so be it, for there is sufficient badness in the world without me adding to it. 🙂
    it took a huge act of stupidity combined with your extraordinary ego to get me to talk to you.
    also i was particularly bored and this was funny enough(more funny than the usual bits of wisdom)
    unless you plan on stepping up your stupidity and being more of a narcisistic deluded moron, i intend to go back on ignoring you. it will save a lot of time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree