1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 May '14 13:50
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The dude got himself executed for no good reason... How much madder do you want him to be?
    LMFAO!!! Of course! That's it!
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 04:431 edit
    Wolfgang,
    Even Paul the apostle was not married and encouraged others to do the same. Why is it important to know by the bible that Jesus did not have a wife?

I don't know that this applies, but does the Law of God require that the first born child of a family that is a male is consecrated to God and is to be "bought back" by a sacrifice? The bible does not say that Christ was ever "bought back" that I know of. Does that mean that it did not happen in order to follow the Law of God for Israel? If Christ, the firstborn of Mary, was not "bought back," then He must have remained consecrated to God. I don't know whether or not Christ was "bought back," but if He wasn't, perhaps then, that is another reason why He could not marry a carnal woman.

Whatever the case, how can Christ be married to the carnal body of a woman which is corruptible, and how can Christ be in a "one-flesh" relationship with a sinner?

Jesus married to a carnal body of a woman is not required for Jesus to fulfill the Law of God. Furthermore, why should Jesus be in a "one-flesh" relationship with a carnal bodied woman to fulfill the Law of God? Jesus also said that His kingdom is not of this world, right? Why would Jesus take satisfaction in the sin sick body of a wicked human woman body?

If Jesus had not fulfilled the Law of God, then who can be saved?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 04:48
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Why should Jesus be in a "one-flesh" relationship with a carnal bodied woman? Jesus also said that His kingdom is not of this world, right?
    Maybe because he was "a carnal bodied" man? If Jesus said "that His kingdom is not of this world", why did he earn a living from being a carpenter?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 04:57
    How many children is Mary thought to have had with Joseph after Jesus was born?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 May '14 04:57
    Wolfgang,
    Why is it important to know by the bible that Jesus did not have a wife?

It seems important to you!

Specifically if Jesus's marital status was important than surely it would
    have been documented?

In particular if his marital status was unusual - ie not married - there
    would have been even more reason to note it.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe because he was "a carnal bodied" man? If Jesus said "that His kingdom is not of this world", why did he earn a living from being a carpenter?
    FMF,
    What does earning money by working have to do with a "Kingdom not of this world?"
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    FMF,
    If Jesus' body had been carnal, then how could His human death have counted for mankind as a substitute for sin? How would His blood have counted as an innocent sacrifice for mans' sins? The Israelites sacrificed who knows how many times what was innocent blood if the sacrifice "qualified" under the Law of God.

Jesus Qualified for sacrifice for mans' sins.

King James Version
    =============
    Acts 2: 27, 31
    Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

I Peter 3: 18
    For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

I Corinthians 15: 22
    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

I Corinthians 15: 45
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

II Corinthians 5: 21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:312 edits
    Wolfgang,
    Jesus' marital status of being single must have been normal. Again even Paul the apostle who was single encouraged Christian men to be single. How many Jewish people in the bible can you find that were not married?

Was John the Baptist married? Was Samuel the Prophet married? What is so unusual about not being married?
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:34
    Wolfgang,
    What is important about Jesus not being married was that He was separate from sin! That is why it is important.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The dude got himself executed for no good reason... How much madder do you want him to be?
    Googlefudge,
    Christ Jesus died for you. He included you when He died? Are you saying that dying for your eternal life is "no good reason?" Whatever your real name is, "say to yourself, I am no good reason for Jesus to have died for me." But instead of saying "I" use your real and whole name.

If you will not be glad that Jesus paid your way to God?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:56
    FMF,
    What does earning money by working have to do with a "Kingdom not of this world?"
    Well ~ similarly ~ I could ask you how does getting married interfere with his "Kingdom being not of this world"?
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 05:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well ~ similarly ~ I could ask you how does getting married interfere with his "Kingdom being not of this world"?
    FMF,
    Christ Jesus had to be a sinless and perfect sacrifice. He could not be tainted with sin. Had He been connected with sin, he could not be the sinless perfect sacrifice for mans' sins in both human and divine forms.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 06:05
    If Jesus' body had been carnal, then how could His human death have counted for mankind as a substitute for sin? How would His blood have counted as an innocent sacrifice for mans' sins? The Israelites sacrificed who knows how many times what was innocent blood if the sacrifice "qualified" under the Law of God.

Jesus Qualified for sacrifice for mans ...[text shortened]... de him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
    Well, for it to be coherent on some hypothetical level, either the theology is that he was a human or it isn't.

To echo something I posed to Grampy Bobby earlier in this thread ~ who ran away from it, as is his forum persona's modus operandi ~ it seems to me to be rather incoherent to BOTH celebrate the fact that he was a real human who was sacrificed and... THEN, to cancel all that out by suggesting that if He WAS fully human then His human death would not have counted for mankind as a substitute for sin.

He was either a walking talking human with all the human traits, or he wasn't. If he wasn't, then what is the big deal about him being only human to a degree?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 06:111 edit
    Christ Jesus had to be a sinless and perfect sacrifice. He could not be tainted with sin. Had He been connected with sin, he could not be the sinless perfect sacrifice for mans' sins in both human and divine forms.
    I am familiar with this dogma. It's just a set of stylized assertions. Here are some counter-assertions. Jesus didn't have to be sinless. There is no such thing as "perfect sacrifice". It did not matter if He was tainted with sin. Now, there we have competing assertions. I have a feeling you cannot address the contrasts between these competing assertions without simply regurgitating some stuff that you have internalized.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '14 06:38
    Wolfgang,
    What is important about Jesus not being married was that He was separate from sin! That is why it is important.
    "A secondary question would be, “Could Jesus Christ have been married?” There is nothing sinful about being married. There is nothing sinful about having sexual relations in marriage. So, yes, Jesus could have been married and still be the sinless Lamb of God and Savior of the world. At the same time, there is no biblical reason for Jesus to marry. That is not the point in this debate. Those who believe Jesus was married do not believe that He was sinless, or that He was the Messiah. Getting married and having children is not why God sent Jesus. Mark 10:45 tells us why Jesus came, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Do you want to learn about the true "wife" of Jesus? If so, please read our article on "What does it mean that the church is the bride of Christ?" http://www.gotquestions.org/was-Jesus-married.html (Page 1)

God gave Adam and Eve [Isha] two wedding gifts in the garden: perfect environment and perfect sex which He created.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree