1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 May '14 11:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes but the bible is a load of baloney written by bronze age peasants who
    were high on magic mushrooms.

EVIDENCE NIL! and in fact the statement can be shown to be utterly false.

King David penned a good portion of scripture entitled the Psalms, his son Solomon, fabulously wealthy was as remote from a peasant as one can get. He penned the book ...[text shortened]... ts googly one, you used to be a worthy adversary! but alas we are human and probe to aberration.
    I was being facetious you tone deaf hypocrite.

Not everyone who wrote the bible was high on magic mushrooms...

Some of them were drunk.

The salient point, which you as ever missed utterly, is that we do not actually
    know who wrote the bible, and have no reason to suppose that what they wrote
    is true or accurate. [with respect to the important religious bits]

Also, while the writers may have been rich and powerful and educated FOR THE TIME.

I am looking down on them from the vantage of 2000+ years of technological and
    scientific advancement... They were ALL ignorant.

And while it might not be fair to judge them thus in a historical perspective, it's absolutely
    fair to judge them thus in a religious one. They were supposed [according to you] to have
    been inspired and instructed by an infinite omniscient god.

We shouldn't be able to better them with trivial ease.

Yet that is exactly what we do on a daily basis.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '14 11:381 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I was being facetious you tone deaf hypocrite.

Not everyone who wrote the bible was high on magic mushrooms...

Some of them were drunk.

The salient point, which you as ever missed utterly, is that we do not actually
    know who wrote the bible, and have no reason to suppose that what they wrote
    is true or accurate. [with respect to the im ...[text shortened]... 't be able to better them with trivial ease.

Yet that is exactly what we do on a daily basis.
    emotional and irrational you may need to try and get in touch with your Vulcan side. Vantage point? No one who approaches any research from a perspective of prejudice can claim any kind of vantage point.
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 May '14 11:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    emotional and irrational you may need to try and get in touch with your Vulcan side. Vantage point? No one who approaches any research from a perspective of prejudice can claim any kind of vantage point.
    Personally, I think he's making an excellent point here that you fail to respond to.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '14 12:07
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Personally, I think he's making an excellent point here that you fail to respond to.
    He has made a number of points that I have failed to respond to nor shall I be responding to them for he has made it clear that he has no interest in Biblical matters. This will save both our time.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '14 13:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So it turns out this "Maybe Jesus was married after all" story was a complete and utter hoax after all, just as I said at the time.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304178104579535540828090438

(I finally figured out how to copy and paste on my tablet, thank goodness.)
    would it matter if he was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree