"Too profound"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Dec 16

P.S. God doesn't exist.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
The point of Darwin's quote is that we humans cannot comprehend God. He was not an atheist, and he had a point.

I question anyone who claims to know God through the Bible, because the Bible is littered with contradiction.

The primary contradiction is that God cares about humans, because the evidence shows otherwise.
It's all a matter of perspective, I think the main reason God gave us a free will was for love, because without a free will we wouldn't be able to love.

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
And you know this how?
Why are you not a believer?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Dec 16

P.S. God doesn't exist.
At least not in your mind, that you can only really trust if he made it, so there is that.

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
It's all a matter of perspective, I think the main reason God gave us a free will was for love, because without a free will we wouldn't be able to love.
This does not have anything to do with God's glaring avoidance of human affairs.

Adam ate the apple, so God sits back and watches mans depravity unfold.

The narrative no longer makes any sense!

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Dec 16

This does not have anything to do with God's glaring avoidance of human affairs.

Adam ate the apple, so God sits back and watches mans depravity unfold.

The narrative no longer makes any sense!
Well if God didn't care about human affairs why did he provide a solution to the mess that man had made?

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Well if God didn't care about human affairs why did he provide a solution to the mess that man had made?
The story does NOT make sense.

I believe that God created us, as Darwin did, but thinking we can understand anything beyond that is futile.

The Adam and Eve story of original sin is a joke. And that we humans deserve to be punished because of it, is a joke.

Our God would be a child if the story were true.

l

Moves
12 Dec 16

There is no way to balance a loving God with all of the pain and suffering in this life.

Blaming everything on Adam and Eve eating an apple is weak, and has removed God from everything.
How would you balance a loving a loving God with all the pain and suffering in this world. Really, how would you do it?

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by leunammi
How would you balance a loving a loving God with all the pain and suffering in this world. Really, how would you do it?
In the human mind, God is indifferent. He doesn't care.

This may be false, but we won't know until we meet Him.

Unless, you tell me otherwise, as Bible thumpers do, that you know something, which is absurd.

Nobody knows God. Nobody!!!

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Dec 16

The story does NOT make sense.

I believe that God created us, as Darwin did, but thinking we can understand anything beyond that is futile.

The Adam and Eve story of original sin is a joke. And that we humans deserve to be punished because of it, is a joke.

Our God would be a child if the story were true.
Do you think anyone would have acted differently if you were in the same position as Adam and Eve?

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Do you think anyone would have acted differently if you were in the same position as Adam and Eve?
Adam and Eve is an excuse to blame mankind for everything. To remove God from liability.

It is weak, and false.

God is not present today, and we don't know why.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Adam and Eve is an excuse to blame mankind for everything. To remove God from liability.

It is weak, and false.

God is not present today, and we don't know why.
How do you know that God is not present today? What would be different in your mind if God were present?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Dec 16

You are making two contradictory claims:
1. That you are capable of understanding enough to rule out the possibility that some people understand God.
2. That God is not understandable.

The reality is that you need significant understanding of something before you can declare that it is not understandable to anyone.
You and I have agreed so rarely in this forum that it approaches the limit of zero, but I agree with this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Dec 16

God is not understandable.
This is completely insensate. The problem is that it seems like bumper-sticker wisdom, and you may get a few nodding heads because of this, but in fact, the statement is baseless.

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
You and I have agreed so rarely in this forum that it approaches the limit of zero, but I agree with this.
You claim to understand God Suzianne, through the Bible.

I challenge your claim.