1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you took Darwin's quote and substituted the word "me" for the word "humans", perhaps then we'd be a lot closer to the truth.

Just as you saying that "nobody" understands God is specious. If you had said "I do not understand God", then no one could argue.

Neither you nor Darwin speaks for everyone.
    You understand God?

Then please help me supergirl, what am I missing?

Help me.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    At least not in your mind, that you can only really trust if he made it, so there is that.
    If that is what you call logic, then I suggest you don't trust your mind.

But I know that it isn't what you call logic. Its something you heard from someone else, and are just repeating without thinking it through.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Why are you not a believer?
    Because I am a reasonably rational person that generally doesn't believe stuff that doesn't make sense to me.

You on the other hand, admit it doesn't make sense, yet believe it anyway. Then you make up ridiculous claims to try and justify your irrationality.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Because I am a reasonably rational person that generally doesn't believe stuff that doesn't make sense to me.

You on the other hand, admit it doesn't make sense, yet believe it anyway. Then you make up ridiculous claims to try and justify your irrationality.
    I don't have much respect for people who don't believe in a Creator.

To me twitehead, you are a stupid person. Ignorant beyond expanation.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:19
    In the human mind, God is indifferent. He doesn't care.

This may be false, but we won't know until we meet Him.

Unless, you tell me otherwise, as Bible thumpers do, that you know something, which is absurd.

Nobody knows God. Nobody!!!
    I don't think you really care or want to know anything, you seem to just want to stir the pot. Am I right?

Here is food for thought...

John 15:10-15English Standard Version (ESV)

10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

So if there is no greater love than to lay down one's life for his friend, what more can you ask of God who laid down his life for us so we could live? What greater love is there, he gave it all.

Do you have an answer?
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:21

I thought you were siding with Darwin?

Your rude comments are in poor taste, does not reflect to good on you.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:41
    Darwin was quoted as saying "God is too profound for humans to understand, similar to a dog contemplating Newton's law of gravity".
    (Paraphrasing)

I cannot disagree.

For those who read the Bible, accept it as truth, and attempt to defend it, good for you. But I am now at a stage where I agree with Darwin's quote.

Just wanted to share that with my many friends here.
    Darwin also dug up all the earthworms in his backyard and got his son to blow a tuba at them.
    That guy.... was profound 😀
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:47
    You understand God?

Help me.
    Seems you are missing your own take on reality, confused perhaps by written words
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:54
    Darwin was quoted as saying "God is too profound for humans to understand, similar to a dog contemplating Newton's law of gravity".
    (Paraphrasing)

I cannot disagree.

For those who read the Bible, accept it as truth, and attempt to defend it, good for you. But I am now at a stage where I agree with Darwin's quote.

Anyone who believes that the Goddidit hypothesis actually explains anything, is like that dog.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:59
    Originally posted by JS357
    Anyone who believes that the Goddidit hypothesis actually explains anything, is like that dog.
    Science cannot prove that God didn't do it.

Atheists are ignorant of modern science. Yes twitehead, you are ignorant.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 21:21

I don't care if you have respect for me, but to call me stupid and ignorant when you are incapable of explaining it seems a bit rich. Think that through for a moment.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 21:23
    Science cannot prove that God didn't do it.

Atheists are ignorant of modern science. Yes twitehead, you are ignorant.
    At least I am not replying to the wrong person.

I also didn't recently make ridiculous claims about photographic negatives not being able to hold an image.

Sorry, but your insults are meaningless, just like when flat earthers try to insult me. It just doesn't work.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 21:48
    That's a good deal for God.

Let torture, pain and suffering happen to mankind, but we will love Him.

It is too profound.
    let us look at who is doing the torture, pain and suffering. and why. if you are looking at God and the time of Moses, then you are looking at a very stubborn people. If you or I experienced all those wonders that happened, would we wander back to our old ways to worship - say the golden calf. I mean seriously, after experiencing a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire and the red sea parting, and all your enemies drowning in that same water. would you then turn away and worship a gold calf. And what of all the other Crazy experiences, and the Jews would still turn away. The Jews are special still. Scripture states "they are the apple of God's eye" .

If we are looking at what men do to each other, then you are looking at that gift of free will. And there are conciquences to that
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 22:01
    (Paraphrasing)

I cannot disagree.

Have you been able to decide whether you are a Christian on not?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 07:17
    You understand God?

Help me.
    Faith, you are missing faith.

James 1:5-8

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree