1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 18:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And you wonder this because you are yet to understand the laws of logic.
    I take it then you can account for the laws of logic?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 19:20
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I take it then you can account for the laws of logic?
    No. The laws of logic do not need accounting for. It is your lack of understanding of them that leads you to believe they need accounting for. Your failure to understand this further demonstrates that your brain cannot be trusted to arrive at the correct logical conclusion.
    So, given that you know know undoubtedly that you cannot trust your own brain, what are you going to do about it?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 22:08
    Originally posted by JS357
    Calling it anything, even "it", might be a bad start, then.
    That's exactly what I'm saying.
    The full consequences of this may be a "game changer"
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 22:11
    Not nuts. But definitely wrong. That is a logical necessity (that in any given set of differing contradictory opinions, at most only one can be right).
    That people being so wrong prevails is at least in part a function of education and in part a problem with human brains not being all that good at logic.
    Are you implying my logical faculties are retarded ?
    I'll admit I don't specialize, but in general my left brain is good with general maths, physics, chemistry,etc.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 10:211 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Are you implying my logical faculties are retarded ?
    I am saying (not just implying) that everyones logical faculties are retarded (as in not perfect). It takes education and more to be good at logic. And even then all people make errors. Even Einstein.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 10:22
    I'll admit I don't specialize, but in general my left brain is good with general maths, physics, chemistry,etc.
    What makes you think your 'left brain' does the maths, physics and chemistry?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 10:35
    I was wrong chaney doesn't just get his religious belifs from pbs, he gets them from hbo too.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 10:46
    The problem of illogical thinking can usually be resolved by rational honest discussion. However, it is notable that on this forum, honest discussion is difficult to have with most of the religious posters. (note how Fetchmyjunk won't admit when he is wrong even when it is patently obvious to all that he is).
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 19:46
    No. The laws of logic do not need accounting for. It is your lack of understanding of them that leads you to believe they need accounting for. Your failure to understand this further demonstrates that your brain cannot be trusted to arrive at the correct logical conclusion.
    So, given that you know know undoubtedly that you cannot trust your own brain, what are you going to do about it?
    Assuming my brain was designed by God it follows logically that I can trust it's thoughts to a certain degree. Can't see how you could trust it assuming it was not designed.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 20:51
    Assuming my brain was designed by God it follows logically that I can trust it's thoughts to a certain degree.
    No, it doesn't. The fact that you can't see that, demonstrates the fact beyond all reasonable doubt that you cannot and should not, trust your thoughts.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 21:43
    I am saying (not just implying) that everyones logical faculties are retarded (as in not perfect). It takes education and more to be good at logic. And even then all people make errors. Even Einstein.
    So we are on the same page.
    You think my logic is ..... well wrong basically.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 21:45
    What makes you think your 'left brain' does the maths, physics and chemistry?
    People make me think that.

But whether it's my left brain or 'the part of my brain that processes logic', I think this point is moot. Or are you leading somewhere here?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 09:13
    So we are on the same page.
    You think my logic is ..... well wrong basically.
    Yes. And I think that you are well aware that it is wrong. Your behaviour when challenged demonstrates that. The difference between you and I, is that you are comfortable with it being wrong and prefer it that way.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 09:14
    People make me think that.

But whether it's my left brain or 'the part of my brain that processes logic', I think this point is moot. Or are you leading somewhere here?
    I just find it interesting how widespread the myth is that we use only the left half of our brain to do maths.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 10:34
    Assuming my brain was designed by God it follows logically that I can trust it's thoughts to a certain degree. Can't see how you could trust it assuming it was not designed.
    Did you ever see the 1944 film Gaslight, with Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree