1. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    111403
    03 Jun '10 13:33
    Every so often, a tornado will destroy a church killing everybody but one person. That person will thank god for saving his life, but god never gets blamed for letting the other people die. How is this explained?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91907
    03 Jun '10 13:48
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Every so often, a tornado will destroy a church killing everybody but one person. That person will thank god for saving his life, but god never gets blamed for letting the other people die. How is this explained?
    you're going to tire out these christian theists with your threads.

    heheheheheh­čÖé Good on ya!

    BTW the explanation would be very difficult for the majority of posters to accept, I suspect there will be two major lines of thought, as usual­čśŤ
  3. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    03 Jun '10 14:05
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Every so often, a tornado will destroy a church killing everybody but one person. That person will thank god for saving his life, but god never gets blamed for letting the other people die. How is this explained?
    God gives life, God takes it away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

    You're just not able to hear the dead thanking, worshiping Him.
  4. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    03 Jun '10 14:17
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Every so often, a tornado will destroy a church killing everybody but one person. That person will thank god for saving his life, but god never gets blamed for letting the other people die. How is this explained?
    they all thank god for saving there life. need a explanation! [one does it here the others do it there
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91907
    03 Jun '10 14:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    God gives life, God takes it away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

    You're just not able to hear the dead thanking, worshiping Him.
    I doubt the dead are worshipping God in any way that we understand the word "worship" while alive.
    Maybe they are thanking, but i suspect there is a whole lot more going on when souls are freed from their bodies than what they did while alive and still trapped in mortality.
  6. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    111403
    03 Jun '10 14:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    God gives life, God takes it away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

    You're just not able to hear the dead thanking, worshiping Him.
    So, assuming there is an afterlife, you will thank god for killing you and possibly leaving a widow and orphans, if you were killed in a tornado. Pardon me, but I am having trouble getting my head around the power of your logic.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    04 Jun '10 03:50
    Who said God causes Tornadoes? The bible says the "god of this world" has something to do with it. That is not the same God and Father of Jesus Christ.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91907
    04 Jun '10 04:49
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Who said God causes Tornadoes? The bible says the "god of this world" has something to do with it. That is not the same God and Father of Jesus Christ.
    So you believe in more than one god?
  9. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    9905
    04 Jun '10 05:12
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    God gives life, God takes it away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

    You're just not able to hear the dead thanking, worshiping Him.
    Oh my goodness. You have no idea how sad that is that you just said that. You have taken my opinion of the human species down a notch. The fact that you WANT a God who will kill you and expect thanks is... sad. Very sad. I'm so sorry for you and for those around you who you may have polluted. Please tell me you haven't got children..
  10. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    9905
    04 Jun '10 05:13
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Who said God causes Tornadoes? The bible says the "god of this world" has something to do with it. That is not the same God and Father of Jesus Christ.
    So God is not omnipotent? Good, then. He has no power to force me to have a soul. I can rest in peace after all.
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    05 Jun '10 00:28
    Yes...There is the true God and Father of Jesus Christ and then there is the god of this world, namely Satan.


    Luke 4:6
    6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
    (NKJ)

    note...it was delivered to him by Adam in Genesis...also note this verse...


    I Jn 5:19
    19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
    (NKJ)
    This means Tornadoes, hurricanes, etc...any kind of evil and destruction come from Satan...
    John 10:10
    10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
    (NKJ)
  12. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    111403
    05 Jun '10 11:25
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes...There is the true God and Father of Jesus Christ and then there is the god of this world, namely Satan.


    Luke 4:6
    6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
    (NKJ)

    note...it was delivered to him by Adam in Genesis...also note this ve ...[text shortened]... estroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
    (NKJ)
    To paraphrase Mark Twain, nobody prays for Satan, yet he needs it the most!
  13. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    05 Jun '10 17:36
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    Oh my goodness. You have no idea how sad that is that you just said that. You have taken my opinion of the human species down a notch. The fact that you WANT a God who will kill you and expect thanks is... sad. Very sad. I'm so sorry for you and for those around you who you may have polluted. Please tell me you haven't got children..
    I would reckon that your opinion of the human species was probably too high to begin with, so any minor adjustments I may have inspired are likely insufficient to get you properly aligned.

    God doesn't kill in the sense that man kills. God doesn't give life in the sense that man thinks he give life. God gives us life--- soul life--- whereas man can indirectly provide biological life only. When man takes a life, he is only able to stop biological life. God gives, and only God can take, real life. No, I wouldn't want any 'god' incapable of doing more than I can do.

    I'm sorry to disappoint you with the news that I have five children, all of them informed with this elementary information and all of them dwarfing you in general intelligence and decorum.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    05 Jun '10 17:49
    To 667Joe

    people have their karma, and it coul be to die in a church on Sunday, but why is evreryone concerned about dying,whats the problem with dying?

    We are eternal spiritual beings, and when we die, just hop to another life.

    its really not a problem, unless you dont think your not eternal spirit

    cheers vishvahetu
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    05 Jun '10 17:53
    to freaky KBH

    god doesn,t take your soul life. soul life is eternal and indistuctable, your soul life is spiritual energy , the same as god and has no beginning or end

    cheers vishvahetu
Back to Top