1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    You being cryptic just means your point is not clear.
    You're right. I was being being vague.

But that was last night. Now I'm feelin' the power! 😲
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're right. I was being being vague.

But that was last night. Now I'm feelin' the power!
    For me, "eternity" has nothing to do with "spirituality". And, as I said, "Is Jesus a liar?" doesn't work with people who do not incorporate Jesus into their belief system. And it won't work with people like karoly and me.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ditto

and why go on about stuff that has nothing to do with TM, dear josephw?
    Because you asked karoly. Don't you remember?

I'm tellin' ya, quit smokin' the weed! It messes with the natural brain chemistry. It might make you feel good, but it has devastating effects on perceptions.

Don't be offended by my picking on you.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    You interjected into a discussion about reincarnation between me and Dasa to make some sort of obtrusive victimhood-driven "point" about how you "...watch out for bad ol putty cats and and other aggressive birds" on this forum. I suppose my in-good-faith and studiously neutral observation is simply that when you want to be you are not, yourself, as nice and as " ...[text shortened]... ly know what to say. It's not like I'm saying something that isn't common knowledge.
    its a reference to a cartoon FMF, Sylvester and Tweety pie and how the bad ol putty cat Sylvester always tries to get at the little innocent bird. If you have ever watched any, you will know that tweety pie is not as innocent as he likes to make out and that the cat is as much a victim as the bird, more so in fact. Thus it seems to me to be a reflection of the forum, in which those who try to 'get at', others, are really only harming themselves and those who like to make themselves out to be innocent victims, are perhaps not as innocent as they like to make out.

I still think it would be pretty awesome to be a bird for a day.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    For me, "eternity" has nothing to do with "spirituality". And, as I said, "Is Jesus a liar?" doesn't work with people who do not incorporate Jesus into their belief system. And it won't work with people like karoly and me.
    Of course not. You have effectively constructed a belief system that is just relative enough so that you can ignore what ever rubs you the wrong way.

Look FMF. I know you're just a regular guy like me or anyone else, so don't get the idea I think of you as anything other than what you are. I'm not trying to cut you down to size or prove you wrong just so that I can feel big and important. I have no doubt you are a better person than I am in many ways.

Eternity is the issue when considering spiritual things. I don't see how you can divorce the two.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its a reference to a cartoon FMF, Sylvester and Tweety pie and how the bad ol putty cat Sylvester always tries to get at the little innocent bird. If you have ever watched any, you will know that tweety pie is not as innocent as he likes to make out and that the cat is as much a victim as the bird, more so in fact.
    Well I suppose this kind of obsequious pouting flannel about cartoon characters is better than you trying to play a Nazi Card or citing TOS infractions. So I'll interpret it as a manifestation of your nicer side, which I have commended you on at least twice on this thread already.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    Eternity is the issue when considering spiritual things. I don't see how you can divorce the two.
    I believe you are completely sincere when you say that you believe this to be the case.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know you have a self-image as a nice, friendly, thoughtful, humorous poster. And at your best you surely are. But as a relative outsider - with no religionist or cultist axe to grind, and with no personal axe to grind either - let me just share the observation that - at your worst [when you are caught in a lie or when you will brook no dissent]- you are one of nastiest pieces of work here. Just an observation. No offence intended.
    So, what do you think of me?

Seriously. I value your critique.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    I believe you are completely sincere when you say that you believe this to be the case.
    I believe you too. 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I suppose this kind of obsequious pouting flannel about cartoon characters is better than you trying to play a Nazi Card or citing TOS infractions. So I'll interpret it as a manifestation of your nicer side, which I have commended you on at least twice on this thread already.
    obsequious pouting flannel??? (great phrase that!) Never the less, I think it was inspired! We have been through the so called 'Nazi card', and there are many fine lines of reasoning to be had from the terrible affair, unless of course you wish to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials? I thank you for having been somewhat lenient with me in this episode and i look upon it as a sign of goodwill despite what has transpired in the past.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:01
    We have been through the so called 'Nazi card', and there are many fine lines of reasoning to be had from the terrible affair, unless of course you wish to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials?
    Why would you even suggest that I might wish "to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials"? What would be your motivation for that?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why would you even suggest that I might wish "to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials"? What would be your motivation for that?
    Well you have an aversion to anyone using the episode to establish certain points, thus your use of the term, 'playing the Nazi card', how else are we to account for it?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:25
    Well you have an aversion to anyone using the episode to establish certain points, thus your use of the term, 'playing the Nazi card', how else are we to account for it?
    I have somewhat of an aversion to being told that I am denigrating the memory of Nazi victims when I refuse to be browbeaten into agreeing with your "points" simply because you lay some claim to the 'meaning' of the Holocaust. And now here you are again, suggesting that I might wish "to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials". Why do you do this robbie?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have somewhat of an aversion to being told that I am denigrating the memory of Nazi victims when I refuse to be browbeaten into agreeing with your "points" simply because you lay some claim to the 'meaning' of the Holocaust. And now here you are again, suggesting that I might wish "to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials". Why do you do this robbie?
    I have an aversion to it also FMF, which is why i dont use terms like 'playing the Nazi card'.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:30
    We have been through the so called 'Nazi card', and there are many fine lines of reasoning to be had from the terrible affair, unless of course you wish to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials?
    Why are you suggesting that I might want "to denigrate the findings of the Nuremberg Trials"? Why do you use this Nazi issue to attack people you don't agree with?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree