1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 05:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well that's a matter for you. As long as you don't forget, in all your earnestness, that retorts like "Is Jesus a liar?" have no significant credibility or relevance to spiritual people who have belief systems that do not embrace or include your beliefs.
    I am well aware of that.

Nevertheless, the consequences of missing the mark will have its effect throughout eternity.

Is that not so?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 05:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    Nevertheless, the consequences of missing the mark will have its effect throughout eternity. Is that not so?
    You being cryptic just means your point is not clear.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 08:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    I accept fully that you sincerely believe that and do not seek to change your mind.
    ditto

and why go on about stuff that has nothing to do with TM, dear josephw?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 08:25
    Originally posted by buckky
    Has anybody here ever been involved with the TM Meditaion movement ? If so what was your experience ?
    TM was another scam coming to the East to fleece the innocent public, with promises of Mystic Siddhis.

I personally new about six persons who subscribed to to TM and they all spent a lot of money and didn't get any results.

Spiritual living and acquiring spiritual knowledge is free, and anyone that charges for spiritual instruction are frauds.

TM never gave anyone spiritual instruction or knowledge anyhow, but promised persons that they would be able to levitate in no-time, if they kept buying into the expensive courses.

Levitation has nothing to do with self realization.

If someone wants to levitate so badly, then they can take birth as a bird next life.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 09:17
    Originally posted by Dasa
    If someone wants to levitate so badly, then they can take birth as a bird next life.
    According to what your version of what you see as the "authority" of Vedic teaching, you can choose to be "reincarnated" - specifically - as a bird? That seems to contradict things that you have said previously.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 10:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to what your version of what you see as the "authority" of Vedic teaching, you can choose to be "reincarnated" - specifically - as a bird? That seems to contradict things that you have said previously.
    i would like to be a bird, you could fly anywhere, all you would need to do is watch out for bad ol putty cats and and other aggressive birds, bit like the spirituality forum really.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 11:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i would like to be a bird, you could fly anywhere, all you would need to do is watch out for bad ol putty cats and and other aggressive birds, bit like the spirituality forum really.
    I know you have a self-image as a nice, friendly, thoughtful, humorous poster. And at your best you surely are. But as a relative outsider - with no religionist or cultist axe to grind, and with no personal axe to grind either - let me just share the observation that - at your worst [when you are caught in a lie or when you will brook no dissent]- you are one of nastiest pieces of work here. Just an observation. No offence intended.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 11:293 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know you have a self-image as a nice, friendly, thoughtful, humorous poster. And at your best you surely are. But as a relative outsider - with no religionist or cultist axe to grind, and with no personal axe to grind either - let me just share the observation that - at your worst [when you are caught in a lie or when you will brook no dissent]- you are one of nastiest pieces of work here. Just an observation. No offence intended.
    Thankyou Sylvester the putty cat, but you see I have never claimed to be anything other than a ragged clown chasing shadows, and an imperfect sinful fellow prone to aberration and human foibles. Certainly you and I in all of your manifestations, have had our moments, but i harbour no grudges nor any ill will for all is fair in love and war. This is perhaps my most endearing quality, among others. 🙂
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 11:43
    ... i harbour no grudges nor any ill will for all is fair in love and war. This is perhaps my most endearing quality, among others.
    Indeed, I harbour no grudges either. But you are not as endearing as you seem to think you are. There have been numerous threads where I have been only an observer, and I've seen you resort to deceit, smears and insult that are equal to the worst that is seen from any regular on this forum. These nasty "all is fair in love and war" bits of yours are never really rectified or compensated for by your "I'm just a ragged clown chasing shadows" routine - or at least not as much as you perhaps imagine they are. An observation that's all. No rancour intended.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Indeed, I harbour no grudges either. But you are not as endearing as you seem to think you are. There have been numerous threads where I have been only an observer, and I've seen you resort to deceit, smears and insult that are equal to the worst that is seen from any regular on this forum. These nasty "all is fair in love and war" bits of yours are never as much as you perhaps imagine they are. An observation that's all. No rancour intended.
    Thankyou for the continuing character assassination, its really refreshing to have someone point out ones foibles. Perhaps I can direct you to the list of insults that have been levelled against my person while participating in the forum? I used to keep a list you know, which grew to be rather extensive. Perhaps i can add your, nastiest piece of work, deceitful, smear monger to the pile, that is with your permission of course.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 11:551 edit
    Thankyou for the continuing character assassination, its really refreshing to have someone point out ones foibles. Perhaps I can direct you to the list of insults that have been levelled against my person while participating in the forum? I used to keep a list you know, which grew to be rather extensive. Perhaps i can add your, nastiest piece of work, deceitful, smear monger to the pile, that is with your permission of course.
    If you think I am being dishonest or something, that's fine. I'm just trying to be polite. The way you turn nasty when you get caught out or if someone crosses you is surely calculated on your part? I mean, It's not as if you make any secret of it. Pointing it out can hardly be "character assassination", can it?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 12:085 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think I am being dishonest or something, that's fine. I'm just trying to be polite. The way you turn nasty when you get caught out or if someone crosses you is surely calculated on your part? Pointing it out can hardly be "character assassination", can it?
    No i dont think you are being dishonest, you are merely expressing an opinion.

As for calculated insults, yes I really do think that you have erred in this regard, for they serve absolutely no purpose.

My experience has been that insults are resorted to when the course of reason has been exhausted, or when a sense of frustration ensues with an unreasonable contributor, or as a kind of retribution for other perceived insults. More often than not, its simply a misunderstanding, you see it frequently here with assertions of lying, when it really nothing of the sort, someone interprets a statement in some way, they make an assertion of lying, when all that has transpired is that they have failed to understand another's perspective. Thus it escalates into name calling. I agree that for a professed Christian this is unacceptable, entirely.

Whether this little tentative attempt to 'reach out', to me, (how else am i supposed to construe it?) is character assassination or not, i cannot say, for perhaps you really do mean well and i suppose that i should impute pure motives to you, although try to understand that from past experience, i am somewhat wary.

BTW I watched an Indonesian film the other day, Jermal, have you seen it?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 12:55
    More often than not, its simply a misunderstanding, you see it frequently here with assertions of lying, when it really nothing of the sort, someone interprets a statement in some way, they make an assertion of lying, when all that has transpired is that they have failed to understand another's perspective.
    I'm not talking about misunderstandings or differences of perspective. I'm talking about when you are - from time to time - caught in a lie or when you have clearly contradicted yourself (or just made something up) and refuse to accept that you have. I'm not talking about the grey zone disagreements - where accusation of "lying" are quite clearly little more than hyperbole - I'm talking when your ego won't let you climb down from some inaccurate thing you have said and so your stubbornness becomes nothing much more sophisticated than dishonesty.

At these times you either hurl abuse at the person who caught you out, or you flounce off muttering about "character assassination", about the web site's Terms Of Service and then perhaps falling silent or ignoring the thread form thereon in.

And, more to the point, I am obviously not talking about all those times when you are at your best - your nice, friendly, thoughtful, humorous "ragged old clown chasing shadows" - the stuff upon which your endearing self-image is forged. I am not revealing anything 'secret' here. I am sure your mercurial forum persona is entirely calculated. My comments are merely an attempt at objective observation.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm not talking about misunderstandings or differences of perspective. I'm talking about when you are - from time to time - caught in a lie or when you have clearly contradicted yourself (or just made something up) and refuse to accept that you have. I'm not talking about the grey zone disagreements - where accusation of "lying" are quite clearly little more tha ...[text shortened]... s entirely calculated. My comments are merely an attempt at objective observation.
    I do not accept that I consciously lie, so as to deceive someone else simply for egoistical reasons. Secondly these other accusations which you cite are merely the expression of an opinion based on, well other opinions, and using opinion as a justification for doing so.

Whether it is character assassination, remains to be seen, indeed, what possible motive could you have for highlighting another's personality traits? please explain?

Thankyou, but who consciously calculates their forum persona? we are interested in lines of reasoning first and foremost, whatever character is manifest as a result of interaction I think is merely a reflection of the reality, not a calculated projection.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:32
    Whether it is character assassination, remains to be seen, indeed, what possible motive could you have for highlighting another's personality traits? please explain?
    You interjected into a discussion about reincarnation between me and Dasa to make some sort of obtrusive victimhood-driven "point" about how you "...watch out for bad ol putty cats and and other aggressive birds" on this forum. I suppose my in-good-faith and studiously neutral observation is simply that when you want to be you are not, yourself, as nice and as "endearing" as you like describe yourself as. If you really do interpret this as "character assassination" then I don't really know what to say. It's not like I'm saying something that isn't common knowledge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree