1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 06:35
    Originally posted by menace71
    Everyone is entitled to their view right? G75 & R.C. have their views right? You have to remember I'm a Christian. How do Christians view Christ? If He was indeed just a good rabbi than I guess Christians myself included are to be pitied or we are just dumb. I just don't see Jesus in the same light as many. Some say He was a good rabbi. A prophet even. I wo ...[text shortened]... Christian missionary's but really How many are going to come knock on your door?

Manny
    Good comments Manny and that's all the Robbie and myself are trying to have you and others do is just reason on the scriptures and just use common sense on them. It seems the influance from some religious leaders over the centuries that have tried to keep the majority of their flock somewhat in the dark and to promote their ideas that really aren't in the Bible, has made some beliefs very complicated and confusing to the point that we finally give up to some extent and just give in and follow whatever they say and not really question it and say this really doesn't seem right. That's why it is said in 1John 4:1 to test what you believe continually to see if they originate with God.
    My Mom who was raised baptist was living proof that her church was led that way by the preacher there. He even told them to not worry and bring their Bibles because he'd take care of them.
    Well when she finally learned what God's name was she started crying and was so mad at that preacher for hiding that from her and all the rest there.
    So even if you never agree with the JW's at least really search out the truth and test what you believe. You may find many things you believe to be the truth, aren't quite correct. And that's ok....
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 21:00
    Where is everybody today?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 22:35
    What I'm saying is Jesus is Equal to God. Meaning Jesus is God. Just because He emptied Himself in His earthy ministry He never ceased being God. Also He was the very image of God as stated in Colossians. How can He be equal to Jehovah?? Who is like Jehovah? Right? Does Jehovah really have an equal? Yes so this is what the scripture says anyway.

17 But ...[text shortened]... One God revealed more of Himself in the person of Christ & of course His spirit.

Manny
    Half the time I'm sure Trinitarians and Unitarians believe the same thing. Shared belief: Jesus is god. In him dwells the fullness of the godhead in bodily form.

But he was MADE a little lower than the angels. He humbled himself into an office of son-ship that shall be handed over to the Father with all things. He was required to pray as we do, to be obedient as we are. The Son ship is not eternal, but the Godhead and spirit is. The name of the Father AND of the Son AND of the Holy Spirit is currently, for this dispensation, Jesus - the only given name by which we may be saved.

The trinity exists but only as offices of the One God, the One Person. ‘Three identities/persons, has to be paganism! The mystery of the same person in three offices is a revelation of who and what Jesus is/was; in my humble opinion.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 22:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Half the time I'm sure Trinitarians and Unitarians believe the same thing. Shared belief: Jesus is god. In him dwells the fullness of the godhead in bodily form.

But he was MADE a little lower than the angels. He humbled himself into an office of son-ship that shall be handed over to the Father with all things. He was required to pray as we do, t ...[text shortened]... ame person in three offices is a revelation of who and what Jesus is/was; in my humble opinion.
    Jesus is called a God but is never called God Almighty. So no we do not believe as trinitarians do. Gen 17:1 for example.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 22:55
    John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 22:58
    Titus 2:13
    Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 23:042 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    i wonder why you never hear the trinitarians quoting this verse

(John 20:16-18) . . .Jesus said to her: “Mary!” Upon turning around, she said to him, in Hebrew: “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher!&rdquo😉  Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 23:27
    Ezekiel 34:11
    For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

John 10:27
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 00:46
    Ezekiel 34:11
    For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

John 10:27
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    All these scriptures have already been discussed in this thread and others. Just go back and check those. Thanks...
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 00:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    All these scriptures have already been discussed in this thread and others. Just go back and check those. Thanks...
    Then why isn't the issue settled?

These verses make it perfectly clear who Jesus is.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 00:56
    "All these scriptures have already been discussed in this thread..."

I went back and read through this thread. None of the verses I quoted had been referenced.

Are you sure you are reading whats' posted? Perhaps you should read what I posted above more closely. You might actually learn something.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 01:06
    [b]"All these scriptures have already been discussed in this thread..."

I went back and read through this thread. None of the verses I quoted had been referenced.

Are you sure you are reading whats' posted? Perhaps you should read what I posted above more closely. You might actually learn something.[/b]
    Well if your just going to have a smart attitude than I won't go there. And the issue is totally settled even if not for you. Thanks....
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 01:14
    Well if your just going to have a smart attitude than I won't go there. And the issue is totally settled even if not for you. Thanks....
    Seriously. The Bible clearly teaches who Jesus is. If there is a disagreement as to His nature and attributes then someone is clearly wrong.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 03:57
    Ironically I looked at all of these verses. John 20:28 is a good one for the Trinitarian view Jesus does not rebuke Thomas for calling Him my Lord & my God. Titus 2:13 is an excellent verse. However the JW's have counter arguments. It appears that a large percentage of Greek Scholars render the translations differently from the JW's in all of the critical points were the JW's dispute the deity of Christ. However I would say there is some room for argument. Also I'm not a Greek Scholar I'm really just now learning how important the original languages are. However I still have to plead with 2000 years of history and yes tradition. The majority of the Christian Church stands by the trinitarian doctrine/view. Just amazing me how much argument there is.

Manny
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 16:43
    Ironically I looked at all of these verses. John 20:28 is a good one for the Trinitarian view Jesus does not rebuke Thomas for calling Him my Lord & my God. Titus 2:13 is an excellent verse. However the JW's have counter arguments. It appears that a large percentage of Greek Scholars render the translations differently from the JW's in all of the critical p ...[text shortened]... nds by the trinitarian doctrine/view. Just amazing me how much argument there is.

Manny
    It is amazing how these discussions have gone and the more we all go thru this is the more we all learn. And the original meanings to these scriptures are the keys to knowing what is the truth on the trinity. But if one is truely searching for this, then one should put as much unbiast info in front of them to reasearch, honestly pray to God for direction and then act upon it.
    One thing you did mention is the word "Tradition" and that is very interesting that you'd do that. You remember the scriptures at Matt 15:3,8,9. Mark 7:13. Col 2:8?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree